Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to learn AS Chemistry over 6 weeks and get an A? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm stuck in the same position too @therealdonny
    Hoping for an A so that I can accept my uni offer but might lose my mind before actually sitting the exam. what other subjects are you taking?

#yolo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Learning the content or revision?
    I finished the content in just over 2 months. Revision was inconsistent, can't remember much but I think I did 2 hours 4 times a week.
    I meant both, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    Yeah, I did a day per unit and got an A. Not amazing UMS aside from unit 2 though so 2 hours a day for six weeks should be more than enough to get 90+UMS.
    learning the content or revision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushily)
    Hi

I'm stuck in the same position too @therealdonny
    Hoping for an A so that I can accept my uni offer but might lose my mind before actually sitting the exam. what other subjects are you taking?

#yolo
    loooolll bio maths phy wbu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealdonny)
    loooolll bio maths phy wbu
    bio math eng lit

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I did a day per unit and got an A. Not amazing UMS aside from unit 2 though so 2 hours a day for six weeks should be more than enough to get 90+UMS.
    How did you do this? Were your notes already completed? Kinda in the same position as this guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    How did you do this? Were your notes already completed? Kinda in the same position as this guy
    Me too. I wish I realised when this guy did

ReputationRep:
    I just did my hw which was mostly exam questions which helped teach me and just listened in class and did the work tbh. The day before the exams, I just focused on the things I really didn't know e.g reagents and conditions and did a bunch of past papers and hoped for the best.

Basically with chemistry, if you understand it, you shouldn't need to do much work. Really high UMS will require studying of the mark scheme and the type of answers they want you to give which is what I did for unit 2.

ReputationRep:
    I just did my hw which was mostly exam questions which helped teach me and just listened in class and did the work tbh. The day before the exams, I just focused on the things I really didn't know e.g reagents and conditions and did a bunch of past papers and hoped for the best.

Basically with chemistry, if you understand it, you shouldn't need to do much work. Really high UMS will require studying of the mark scheme and the type of answers they want you to give which is what I did for unit 2.
    thanks
    you reckon about 100 hours will be enough to learn the whole syllabus, revise and do past papers?

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    you reckon about 100 hours will be enough to learn the whole syllabus, revise and do past papers?
    Honestly, it's not about how much you do but how effective it is but yeah, 100 hours should be sufficient. What exam board are you doing? I do AQA and quite frankly, I think the textbook is abit crap and so I recommend chemguide.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it's not about how much you do but how effective it is but yeah, 100 hours should be sufficient. What exam board are you doing? I do AQA and quite frankly, I think the textbook is abit crap and so I recommend chemguide.
    Cheers. No UMS in the new AS levels so just need an A really. OCR A and thanks I will have a look at that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.