Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anxiety and dealing with daily tasks.. Watch

Announcements

Hey guys, so basically I suffer from severe anxiety to the point where I am unable to do simple everyday tasks, like sitting with my friends, looking at people in the face, responding to questions I have been asked, going outside, even going to school is tough and my attendance has dropped massively and it is clearly affecting my grades and diminishing my prospects of uni, although this completely terrifies me I need to do it in order to get my chosen career. I have been to the doctor and they prescribed me with some medication but it isn't helping and makes me really drowsy. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or tips for me that i'd be able to somewhat control this.. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was in your position last year. You should explain to your school guidance teacher or another you trust about how you are feeling and ask for some time off. I did this and it really helped me reassess what I wanted to do. I also saw a counsellor. If your anxiety is that bad, it's an extenuating circumstance, and you can have your GP back you up on any evidence you might need for adjustments to your studies or deferred places at uni.

Health comes first, especially mental health. Take care of yourself before everything else.

You need to take risks, I was like you but when I took risks as in actually doing the things I feared things got better and increased my confidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys, so basically I suffer from severe anxiety to the point where I am unable to do simple everyday tasks, like sitting with my friends, looking at people in the face, responding to questions I have been asked, going outside, even going to school is tough and my attendance has dropped massively and it is clearly affecting my grades and diminishing my prospects of uni, although this completely terrifies me I need to do it in order to get my chosen career. I have been to the doctor and they prescribed me with some medication but it isn't helping and makes me really drowsy. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or tips for me that i'd be able to somewhat control this.. Thanks
    ask if you can do the work at home? when my mum took me out of school, i got given work to do at home

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.