Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This had glandular fever a year ago.... should I not kiss her? Watch

Announcements

This girl I like has had glandular fever a year ago. Should I be cautious around her? Is it true that you will never be cured of this disease? Is she now likely to give anyone this fever after kissing them?

Also how did she get it in the first place? By kissing some guy?

I don't know much about it but my boyfriend had it a few years ago and I haven't caught it yet! I think you can get it other ways as well, so I wouldn't worry about it too much

ReputationRep:
    You can get glandular fever without kissing someone. If you're really that concerned about an illness she had a year ago then leave her alone and let her find someone who will kiss her. You seem very immature as you care more about whether she got it from kissing someone than her actual welfare.

ReputationRep:
    you don't like her enough run away

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    You can get glandular fever without kissing someone. If you're really that concerned about an illness she had a year ago then leave her alone and let her find someone who will kiss her. You seem very immature as you care more about whether she got it from kissing someone than her actual welfare.
    Thought if you get the fever than that's it. You have it for life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thought if you get the fever than that's it. You have it for life.
    The virus remains in the body for life but symptoms disappear (the same as any other virus). Thousands of people have glandular fever but don't know it because symptoms never develop - it just lies dormant in the body without ever activating. That means for all you know you might have glandular fever. Just research it if you want to know about it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    The virus remains in the body for life but symptoms disappear (the same as any other virus). Thousands of people have glandular fever but don't know it because symptoms never develop - it just lies dormant in the body without ever activating. That means for all you know you might have glandular fever. Just research it if you want to know about it.
    Some people collapse in parks from exhaustion and have to have their friends mum drive their ever more corpse-like body home as their legs can't hold their weight.

How do you know so much about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How do you know so much about it?
    Because I saw that you wanted advice and so I researched it before answering. I'm not an expert by any means but a lot of it is pretty basic knowledge that applies to most viruses.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.