Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got Drama exams ? Mine is tomorrow ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Today I have done:
    French listening paper- A*
    Marked French reading paper-A*
    Received English language mock result- A*
    One hour of French vocab learning (vocab express)
    One hour of decision maths revision
    Decision maths past paper to be marked by teacher
    45 minutes of various revision cards (courtesy of brainzistheword)
    And a whole lot of time having a minor breakdown because of IT, but I'm feeling a bit better now and I'm just going to do whatever I can in the face of the absolute mess the teaching staff have made of the subject... But hey ho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleone2000)
    Today I have done:
    And a whole lot of time having a minor breakdown because of IT, but I'm feeling a bit better now and I'm just going to do whatever I can in the face of the absolute mess the teaching staff have made of the subject... But hey ho!
    Oh and I'm about to wash my hair and wind down before revising some of the poetry anthology and beginning a business studies past paper- wish me luck!
    I'm also getting stressed about prom, considering my last exam is the morning of prom as well so I have no time after exams to sort anything out. And regarding the previous posts, I get study leave but late in May- not until after the English language exam. What do everyone's schools do about leavers hoodies? I'm already wearing mine to school as we can wear them throughout the whole exam period as uniform which is nice!

ReputationRep:
    Enjoying the 'live to work' mentality would make my life so, sooo much easier! Just how do you do that?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Today I have done:
    Hey there is this what you did at school or after school because you've done so much Wow well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hey there is this what you did at school or after school because you've done so much Wow well done
    Oh no, mostly at school! I'm a sucker at home, I went to a maths revision session then to my boyfriends where I finished off a French paper and marked it, the rest was at school.

ReputationRep:
    hello again
    i'm just here to ask if anyone on this thread has had experience creating audio files to listen to of their notes. im quite the auditory learner and i want to switch up my revision a bit. anyone know if it is effective?

also, im reALLY BEHIND!
    here are my grades that im on (all according to mocks) and my targets in brackets:
    maths A* (target A*)
    english language C (target is an A)
    english lit B (want an A)
    biology chemistry physics all A* on my mocks
    geography A* (target A)
    French B ( target B-A)
    history B (target A)
    rs A (target A*)
    art A (target A-A*)

any way to save my grades???? especially english. i know they are pretty decent but i just want to get the best that i can. thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, mostly at school! I'm a sucker at home, I went to a maths revision session then to my boyfriends where I finished off a French paper and marked it, the rest was at school.
    Oh ok At least you did work
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 25/04/16: 21 DAYS TILL 1st EXAM
    1. French - Recap of first 3 paragraphs + learnt a few sentences of the 4th paragraph
    2.Biology 1 - 54 Q&A's - (I've finally finished them all, it took so long) 189 Q&A's for B1 altogether
    3. Past paper biology 1 - the Q&A's really helped
    4. Geography 1 - Sustainable development, climate change, looked through a past paper

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I also have OCR Gateway B for Science and Edexcel for Maths, you don't mind helping me right?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiawaseNekox3)
    Hello, I also have OCR Gateway B for Science and Edexcel for Maths, you don't mind helping me right?
    Course I don't mind - if you want access to my revision cards feel free to use them here: https://brainscape.com/invitation?referrer=1904487

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Course I don't mind - if you want access to my revision cards feel free to use them here: https://brainscape.com/invitation?referrer=1904487
    Thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 25/04/16: 21 DAYS TILL 1st EXAM
    1. French - Recap of first 3 paragraphs + learnt a few sentences of the 4th paragraph
    2.Biology 1 - 54 Q&A's - (I've finally finished them all, it took so long) 189 Q&A's for B1 altogether
    3. Past paper biology 1 - the Q&A's really helped
    4. Geography 1 - Sustainable development, climate change, looked through a past paper
    Well done again -

(Original post by Phoebe2108)
    hello again
    i'm just here to ask if anyone on this thread has had experience creating audio files to listen to of their notes. im quite the auditory learner and i want to switch up my revision a bit. anyone know if it is effective?

also, im reALLY BEHIND!
    here are my grades that im on (all according to mocks) and my targets in brackets:
    maths A* (target A*)
    english language C (target is an A)
    english lit B (want an A)
    biology chemistry physics all A* on my mocks
    geography A* (target A)
    French B ( target B-A)
    history B (target A)
    rs A (target A*)
    art A (target A-A*)

any way to save my grades???? especially english. i know they are pretty decent but i just want to get the best that i can. thanks
    English is the one I struggle most with myself - make sure you have a good bank of varied vocab and do practice papers and take them to your teachers to mark - this is the best way

(Original post by Social Elitist)
    Enjoying the 'live to work' mentality would make my life so, sooo much easier! Just how do you do that?
    haha thank you - it's just become a habit - if you ever need any help let me know

Today I have done:
    Oh and I'm about to wash my hair and wind down before revising some of the poetry anthology and beginning a business studies past paper- wish me luck!
    I'm also getting stressed about prom, considering my last exam is the morning of prom as well so I have no time after exams to sort anything out. And regarding the previous posts, I get study leave but late in May- not until after the English language exam. What do everyone's schools do about leavers hoodies? I'm already wearing mine to school as we can wear them throughout the whole exam period as uniform which is nice!
    Well done - and glad you are usingt he flashcards - and I wear my leavers hoodie to school too and we have the same rules as you for them which is great

(Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Anyone got Drama exams ? Mine is tomorrow ?
    I don't but good luck I hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    Prom is stressing me out too, we're trying to sort out transport and it's a nightmare! Wow, your prom is early - mines on July 1st
    We only get to wear our Leavers hoodies after our Leavers Assembly, which is annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 25/04/16
    First day back and not much done but this was after school:
    • Summaries on USSR, USA, Communism, Relations pre/post WW2
    • 150 German cards
    • 30 Pakistan Flood
    • C6 and Sect D Past paper
    • Geography diagrams for Waterfalls, meanders/ox-bow, ocean trench, shield and composite volcano
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 25/04/16
    First day back and not much done but this was after school:
    • Summaries on USSR, USA, Communism, Relations pre/post WW2
    • 150 German cards
    • 30 Pakistan Flood
    • C6 and Sect D Past paper
    • Geography diagrams for Waterfalls, meanders/ox-bow, ocean trench, shield and composite volcano
    Well done
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    Prom is stressing me out too, we're trying to sort out transport and it's a nightmare! Wow, your prom is early - mines on July 1st
    We only get to wear our Leavers hoodies after our Leavers Assembly, which is annoying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here and i'm not going to prom because i'm going away but then again i wouldn't want to go.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Same here and i'm not going to prom because i'm going away but then again i wouldn't want to go.
    Well done
    Hey thanks and same here, I'm not going prom either
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks and same here, I'm not going prom either
    No worries Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilacpotato)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got to sort out my hair, bag, shoes and dress alterations.. It's never ending! Mine's on June 24th, so it's not that early it's just a late exam- I miss leaver's assembly!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.