The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Please may you review my English story for me?

Certainly I'll have a look at it. You can PM me if you like :smile:
thank you for your help x
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by brainzistheword
Ah yeah, I see what you mean. Hey - mine was on Tuesday and I have Paper 2 tomorrow - what a coincidence! :smile:

Good luck on them

Haha, yeah what a coincidence. Anyway, good luck on your paper (;
@hannahrobinsxn

Woah! This is amazing, your ranging vocab is phenomenal and I could definitely learn from this. There is honestly nothing wrong with this at all, you've got everything, the nice flowing sentences, enhanced vocabulary and a fantastic story.:smile:

P.S - the only minor thing would be watch the spacing but that might just be because of how it is formatted on here. Apart from that - truly fantastic!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ibte10
Haha, yeah what a coincidence. Anyway, good luck on your paper (;

Thank you - let me know how you get on - and don't forget if you need help you know where I am :smile:
Woah! This is amazing, your ranging vocab is phenomenal and I could definitely learn from this. There is honestly nothing wrong with this at all, you've got everything, the nice flowing sentences, enhanced vocabulary and a fantastic story.:smile:

P.S - the only minor thing would be watch the spacing but that might just be because of how it is formatted on here. Apart from that - truly fantastic!!

Thank you very much :smile: could you delete the story off your post though? Don't want to be plagiarised aha
I am printing off past papers which I am planning to revise from however I cannot find additional science past papers on the Edexcel website. Do you happen to know how to get B2, C2, and P2 papers?? :smile:
Original post by Jamesawigley
I am printing off past papers which I am planning to revise from however I cannot find additional science past papers on the Edexcel website. Do you happen to know how to get B2, C2, and P2 papers?? :smile:

I found it now disregard this comment
Original post by ibte10
Oh, yes it is very easy to make little mistakes. BTW for an A* it is around 160-70 range on both papers i think. On the June 2015 Paper you needed 155 on both papers. Now i need to revise.

I got 154 on my mocks... 80 in calc and 74 in non calc, it's so frustrating when things like this happen.
Original post by Irevisedalot
I got 154 on my mocks... 80 in calc and 74 in non calc, it's so frustrating when things like this happen.

Darn, how unfortunate! Those are the worst feelings imo missing out on a grade by a mark.
Original post by Irevisedalot

Oh that's unfortunate - but it's all practice, I'm sure you'll ace the real thing :smile:
UPDATE FOR DAY 8

So mocks 5 and 6 down (English Language and Biology Unit 2 with only an 8 minute break between)
As for other revision I managed to:

English

Sort out a list of applicable vocab to use tomorrow when talking about Of Mice and Men

Write out quotes and useful sentences to include

Maths:

Look at graphs of cos and sin

Notes on transformations

Glance through a past paper

Science:

List weaknesses in Physics and Chemistry to revise tomorrow before Unit 2 exams on Friday

Reply 212
Lots of people are saying that mocks are a true representation so I am definitely not taking these grades for granted. Well done on your fab grades and I shall continue to work up until my very last exam. Good luck in your future plans and thanks for reading my blog :smile:

Yes I suppose it is a true representation if you revise in a realistic way that you would replicate in the coming summer, I think my school says that our projected grade after mocks will be about 2 grades higher than our mock grade. I more used mocks to see what I already knew so I had a realistic view of what I needed to focus on :P Currently in my A2 mocks week (which I actually revised for for once !!) and I'm hoping to see a good set of grades after that revision :wink: Good luck to you anyway, I'm sure you'll smash those exams
Original post by -Bex-
Yes I suppose it is a true representation if you revise in a realistic way that you would replicate in the coming summer, I think my school says that our projected grade after mocks will be about 2 grades higher than our mock grade. I more used mocks to see what I already knew so I had a realistic view of what I needed to focus on :P Currently in my A2 mocks week (which I actually revised for for once !!) and I'm hoping to see a good set of grades after that revision :wink: Good luck to you anyway, I'm sure you'll smash those exams

Yes I think I'm going to use these mocks to give me an indication of where to revise so that I am prepared in the summer.
Thank you - and good luck with you A2s :smile:
UPDATE

So today I have Maths and English exams

Before school I am going to look over my Of Mice and Men quotes and scene summaries so I have key details
After the mocks I will be revising notes on C4, C5 and P4, P5, P6 for the Unit 2 exams tomorrow
Hi, you you clearly seem to be wayyy on top of things and I would just like to say im inspired by your ethic and motivation and its what i wish i had at the moment.

Anyway, my gcse subjects are maths, further maths, chemistry, biology, physics, english lit, english Lang, drama, history and computer science. This means I have 9 subjects to revise as I dont need to revise for any drama written exam (I only do a practical). I also have about 8 or 9 weeks left until my gcses. Anyway my idea is: do you think that for every week I have I should completely focus on one subject? So for one week its maths and the next week chemistry etc. Or would it be an extremely bad idea? I have no idea how to prioritize my revision and I dont know if I have enough time to revise eeverything. I only just started history which has a HUGE amount of content and I need to learn all of further maths before exams, as well as revise it. It would be really helpful if you could advise what I should do and how I can structure my revision so I am able to revise everything before the exams. I'm so worried at the moment

Also, like you, i'm aiming very high. But unlike you, I don't think im prepared or motivated enough to get those A*s :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Username3097486
Hi, you you clearly seem to be wayyy on top of things and I would just like to say im inspired by your ethic and motivation and its what i wish i had at the moment.

Anyway, my gcse subjects are maths, further maths, chemistry, biology, physics, english lit, english Lang, drama, history and computer science. This means I have 9 subjects to revise as I dont need to revise for any drama written exam (I only do a practical). I also have about 8 or 9 weeks left until my gcses. Anyway my idea is: do you think that for every week I have I should completely focus on one subject? So for one week its maths and the next week chemistry etc. Or would it be an extremely bad idea? I have no idea how to prioritize my revision and I dont know if I have enough time to revise eeverything. I only just started history which has a HUGE amount of content and I need to learn all of further maths before exams, as well as revise it. It would be really helpful if you could advise what I should do and how I can structure my revision so I am able to revise everything before the exams. I'm so worried at the moment

Also, like you, i'm aiming very high. But unlike you, I don't think im prepared or motivated enough to get those A*s :frown:

Hi and thank you for your kind words :smile:

I wouldn't recommend doing a week per subject as your interest might dip and you may forget the stuff you covered in the first week and this would be a full subject. I would suggest breaking down your available time into chunks of how ever long you work best (for me it is 20-minute chunks) and then trying to arrange your topics for each subject so that you cover as many possible before your exams. Also, if you spent a bit of time making revision cards or using some pre-made ones (like the links I have given, although they may not be the same exam board) then you can continually recap whenever you have time - so you're less likely to forget things.

As you seem to feel pushed for time, I would also suggest doing as many past papers as possible and focusing your revision around them. So, do one and mark it, and from that note down all your weaknesses so that next time you plan to revise that subject, you know which areas to focus on.

I'm glad to hear you are aiming high, and there is still time to get those top grades - so if you need help with anything else let me know (you'll get the best grades you can, I promise :smile: )
UPDATE FO DAY 9
8 out 10 exams done and two more to go tomorrow.
Here's what I've managed to do:

Physics notes on:

Transformers

Generators

Logic gates

Transistors

Refractive Index

Radioactive dating

Uses of radioactivity

Satellites and microwaves

Electromagnetic induction

Ultrasound

X-rays

Variable resistors

Electrostatics

Chemistry notes on:

Equilibrium

Alkali Metals - Group 1

Empirical Formulae

gas volumes

Electronic structure

Sub-atomic particles - discovery of the atom

Strong and weak acids

Precipitate reactions

Water purity

Distillation of sea water

Hi there, I'm also in year 11, and I'm really scared. There's just sooo much to bloody memorise. How do u get all A*s? I need them so badly. I just want to enjoy this summer knowing that I did well in these exams.
Original post by Roxeber
Hi there, I'm also in year 11, and I'm really scared. There's just sooo much to bloody memorise. How do u get all A*s? I need them so badly. I just want to enjoy this summer knowing that I did well in these exams.

Hey there, I'm scared too! The pressure is immense and I know what you mean about the content.

I honestly don't know how I get them grades - there is no magical formula I can give you but all I can say is that if you really want the grades, then commit as much as you can to studying (though I am sure you already do) and find ways to make your study more effective. By this, try making notes in a set time (it makes you do the same work but take up less time) and this way you'll have more time for practice papers and other things.

As long as you put the effort in now and try your damnedest then there is nothing for you to worry about and I'm sure you can leave school in June knowing you did everything you could - and I'm sure the envelope on results day will back you up :smile:

If you need any help with anything I'd be more than happy to help :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending