Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Update 25/04/2016
    Forgot to update
    2 French reading past papers one A* and the other B
    Read the whole additional science specification and an item my revision guide with anything I do not have
    Learned half of B3 again
    Listened to my audio files for ICT
    Use of maths- read the whole specification and checked if I knew everything
    Revised articles using videos for English language
    Did an essay question for RE
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    No worries Why?
    I just really don't want to and I personally don't see the point in going

ReputationRep:
    Any1 doing edexcel algebra award
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Update 25/04/2016
    Forgot to update
    2 French reading past papers one A* and the other B
    Read the whole additional science specification and an item my revision guide with anything I do not have
    Learned half of B3 again
    Listened to my audio files for ICT
    Use of maths- read the whole specification and checked if I knew everything
    Revised articles using videos for English language
    Did an essay question for RE
    Well done you've done so much 😆
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haarithiop)
    Any1 doing edexcel algebra award
    Yep I am but it's not 100% guaranteed what about you
    ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I just really don't want to and I personally don't see the point in going
    Ikr and plus i wouldn't like to spend my money on one thing for one day. My friends are all buying dresses,shoes etc... for over £100 - why?
    Also i'm going away at the start of August and i have so many places to attend in July so technically i don't have time. So many people at school are asking me and their like i'm going to regret it I don't think i will even regret one bit

ReputationRep:
    Had my Drama exam today. It was absolutely brilliant. Much better than the rehearsals and the rehearsals were quite good. I've done my bit. The rest is in God's and the examiner's hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Ikr and plus i wouldn't like to spend my money on one thing for one day. My friends are all buying dresses,shoes etc... for over £100 - why?
    Also i'm going away at the start of August and i have so many places to attend in July so technically i don't have time. So many people at school are asking me and their like i'm going to regret it I don't think i will even regret one bit
    Yeah I don't understand why so many spend so much. Fair enough some people just want to enjoy themselves but for others it is just to impress people. And my friends say that too!! I don't think I will regret it though, as it's not something I want to do

(Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Had my Drama exam today. It was absolutely brilliant. Much better than the rehearsals and the rehearsals were quite good. I've done my bit. The rest is in God's and the examiner's hands.
    That's great to hear, so glad it went well for you

ReputationRep:
    Today at school I have:
    Revised the finance topic
    Spent 1 hour on a core 2 past paper
    Got back my psychology mock- A*
    Revision cards (around 45 mins on the way to school)

Today at home I have:
    Completed a poetry response
    Fully revised 2 poems using YouTube and bite size
    Completed a C1-3 past paper
    I am now doing a business unit 1 past paper

The day goes by so much better without worrying about IT! But in related news, my IT teacher has now gone on paternity leave so my final coursework is unmarked and he will not have a lesson with us until after the It exam and we haven't had a single taught lesson in preparation for it... Oh and he's also my business teacher! I'll just have to make the best of a tricky situation I guess.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Aw, everyone I know is going to our prom! And I've probably done it the cheapest out of everyone - my grandma owns a dress agency so I got the dress for free and my shoes were £35...I still need to get hair and makeup sorted but that's not a huge deal. I'm excited for prom and I'm the least girly girl ever!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Aw, everyone I know is going to our prom! And I've probably done it the cheapest out of everyone - my grandma owns a dress agency so I got the dress for free and my shoes were £35...I still need to get hair and makeup sorted but that's not a huge deal. I'm excited for prom and I'm the least girly girl ever!
    Hey that's great!! And even better than you can get everything you want for a small price I really hope you enjoy it, as I'm sure you deserve a great celebration after all your hard work
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hey that's great!! And even better than you can get everything you want for a small price I really hope you enjoy it, as I'm sure you deserve a great celebration after all your hard work
    Aw thank you and yeah it should be really fun as our entire year is like a nice community and everyone's looking to have a good time anyway . It'll be a celebration regardless of how well I think I've done as I'll finally be FREE

ReputationRep:
    That's very lucky! I thought I did well getting a dress for £100! I'm quite a girly girl, well I used to be, i wouldn't even be allowed to not go by my mother- she considers it more important than my exams *exasperated sigh*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleone2000)
    That's very lucky! I thought I did well getting a dress for £100! I'm quite a girly girl, well I used to be, i wouldn't even be allowed to not go by my mother- she considers it more important than my exams *exasperated sigh*
    £100 is good! A few of my friends are really going all out (and I mean REALLY) but tbh I don't think it's worth it for one night...
    That's a bit weird! Although I guess as long as you have your priorities sorted out you'll be fine
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't understand why so many spend so much. Fair enough some people just want to enjoy themselves but for others it is just to impress people. And my friends say that too!! I don't think I will regret it though, as it's not something I want to do

That's great to hear, so glad it went well for you
    Yep Some just want to look better than other and plus i don't want to be judged by others. Some of my friends are getting the limo for £400 - I just can't even believe it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's great. Lucky you The main reason is because I don't want to be judged by others and i'm really busy during summer e.g work experience,Weddings,Parties etc...
    Hope you enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Yep Some just want to look better than other and plus i don't want to be judged by others. Some of my friends are getting the limo for £400 - I just can't even believe it
    even though I am in year ten, my group of friends and I were talking about prom today. it was very obvious that we all have different ideas concerning prom. one of my friends couldn't get over the fact that some people take a limo to prom lol (she wasn't aware of that being able to happen!) then more of my friends were saying that they were going to spend approx £1,000 all together on prom. in my view - I am probably going to buy a dress for £20, then try and attempt to do my hair and makeup myself. aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleone2000)
    Today at school I have:
    Revised the finance topic
    Spent 1 hour on a core 2 past paper
    Got back my psychology mock- A*
    Revision cards (around 45 mins on the way to school)

Today at home I have:
    Completed a poetry response
    Fully revised 2 poems using YouTube and bite size
    Completed a C1-3 past paper
    I am now doing a business unit 1 past paper

The day goes by so much better without worrying about IT! But in related news, my IT teacher has now gone on paternity leave so my final coursework is unmarked and he will not have a lesson with us until after the It exam and we haven't had a single taught lesson in preparation for it... Oh and he's also my business teacher! I'll just have to make the best of a tricky situation I guess.
    Well done !! I never knew you did Psychology- so do I which exam board is yours?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    even though I am in year ten, my group of friends and I were talking about prom today. it was very obvious that we all have different ideas concerning prom. one of my friends couldn't get over the fact that some people take a limo to prom lol (she wasn't aware of that being able to happen!) then more of my friends were saying that they were going to spend approx £1,000 all together on prom. in my view - I am probably going to buy a dress for £20, then try and attempt to do my hair and makeup myself. aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ikr it's incredible plus it's only for one night That's true
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 26/04/16:
    Not much done because it was after school 20 days left

1. Geography - Sustainable development
    2. Biology - Reproduction
    3. Chemistry - Ions + finished worksheet + Polymers
    4. OMAM - Themes + essay questions
    5. English Language - essay marked

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.