The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
No worries :smile: Why?

I just really don't want to and I personally don't see the point in going :smile:
Any1 doing edexcel algebra award
Original post by sahra30013
Update 25/04/2016
Forgot to update
2 French reading past papers one A* and the other B
Read the whole additional science specification and an item my revision guide with anything I do not have
Learned half of B3 again
Listened to my audio files for ICT
Use of maths- read the whole specification and checked if I knew everything
Revised articles using videos for English language
Did an essay question for RE

Well done you've done so much 😆
Original post by haarithiop
Any1 doing edexcel algebra award

Yep I am but it's not 100% guaranteed what about you
?
Original post by brainzistheword
I just really don't want to and I personally don't see the point in going :smile:

Ikr and plus i wouldn't like to spend my money on one thing for one day. My friends are all buying dresses,shoes etc... for over £100 - why? :s-smilie:
Also i'm going away at the start of August and i have so many places to attend in July so technically i don't have time. So many people at school are asking me and their like i'm going to regret it :s-smilie: I don't think i will even regret one bit :biggrin:
Had my Drama exam today. It was absolutely brilliant. Much better than the rehearsals and the rehearsals were quite good. I've done my bit. The rest is in God's and the examiner's hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ikr and plus i wouldn't like to spend my money on one thing for one day. My friends are all buying dresses,shoes etc... for over £100 - why? :s-smilie:
Also i'm going away at the start of August and i have so many places to attend in July so technically i don't have time. So many people at school are asking me and their like i'm going to regret it :s-smilie: I don't think i will even regret one bit :biggrin:

Yeah I don't understand why so many spend so much. Fair enough some people just want to enjoy themselves but for others it is just to impress people. And my friends say that too!! I don't think I will regret it though, as it's not something I want to do :smile:

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Had my Drama exam today. It was absolutely brilliant. Much better than the rehearsals and the rehearsals were quite good. I've done my bit. The rest is in God's and the examiner's hands.

That's great to hear, so glad it went well for you :smile:
Today at school I have:
Revised the finance topic
Spent 1 hour on a core 2 past paper
Got back my psychology mock- A*
Revision cards (around 45 mins on the way to school)

Today at home I have:
Completed a poetry response
Fully revised 2 poems using YouTube and bite size
Completed a C1-3 past paper
I am now doing a business unit 1 past paper

The day goes by so much better without worrying about IT! But in related news, my IT teacher has now gone on paternity leave so my final coursework is unmarked and he will not have a lesson with us until after the It exam and we haven't had a single taught lesson in preparation for it... Oh and he's also my business teacher! I'll just have to make the best of a tricky situation I guess.

Aw, everyone I know is going to our prom! And I've probably done it the cheapest out of everyone - my grandma owns a dress agency so I got the dress for free and my shoes were £35...I still need to get hair and makeup sorted but that's not a huge deal. I'm excited for prom and I'm the least girly girl ever! :tongue:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Aw, everyone I know is going to our prom! And I've probably done it the cheapest out of everyone - my grandma owns a dress agency so I got the dress for free and my shoes were £35...I still need to get hair and makeup sorted but that's not a huge deal. I'm excited for prom and I'm the least girly girl ever! :tongue:

Hey that's great!! And even better than you can get everything you want for a small price :smile: I really hope you enjoy it, as I'm sure you deserve a great celebration after all your hard work :biggrin:
Hey that's great!! And even better than you can get everything you want for a small price :smile: I really hope you enjoy it, as I'm sure you deserve a great celebration after all your hard work :biggrin:

Aw thank you :smile: and yeah it should be really fun as our entire year is like a nice community and everyone's looking to have a good time anyway :smile:. It'll be a celebration regardless of how well I think I've done as I'll finally be FREE :biggrin:

That's very lucky! I thought I did well getting a dress for £100! I'm quite a girly girl, well I used to be, i wouldn't even be allowed to not go by my mother- she considers it more important than my exams *exasperated sigh*
Original post by Littleone2000
That's very lucky! I thought I did well getting a dress for £100! I'm quite a girly girl, well I used to be, i wouldn't even be allowed to not go by my mother- she considers it more important than my exams *exasperated sigh*

£100 is good! A few of my friends are really going all out (and I mean REALLY) but tbh I don't think it's worth it for one night...
That's a bit weird! :s-smilie: Although I guess as long as you have your priorities sorted out you'll be fine :tongue:
Yeah I don't understand why so many spend so much. Fair enough some people just want to enjoy themselves but for others it is just to impress people. And my friends say that too!! I don't think I will regret it though, as it's not something I want to do :smile:

That's great to hear, so glad it went well for you :smile:

Yep :smile: Some just want to look better than other and plus i don't want to be judged by others. Some of my friends are getting the limo for £400 - I just can't even believe it :smile:

Aw that's great. Lucky you :smile: The main reason is because I don't want to be judged by others and i'm really busy during summer e.g work experience,Weddings,Parties etc...
Hope you enjoy it :smile:
Yep :smile: Some just want to look better than other and plus i don't want to be judged by others. Some of my friends are getting the limo for £400 - I just can't even believe it :smile:

even though I am in year ten, my group of friends and I were talking about prom today. it was very obvious that we all have different ideas concerning prom. one of my friends couldn't get over the fact that some people take a limo to prom lol (she wasn't aware of that being able to happen!) then more of my friends were saying that they were going to spend approx £1,000 all together on prom. in my view - I am probably going to buy a dress for £20, then try and attempt to do my hair and makeup myself. aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Littleone2000
Today at school I have:
Revised the finance topic
Spent 1 hour on a core 2 past paper
Got back my psychology mock- A*
Revision cards (around 45 mins on the way to school)

Today at home I have:
Completed a poetry response
Fully revised 2 poems using YouTube and bite size
Completed a C1-3 past paper
I am now doing a business unit 1 past paper

The day goes by so much better without worrying about IT! But in related news, my IT teacher has now gone on paternity leave so my final coursework is unmarked and he will not have a lesson with us until after the It exam and we haven't had a single taught lesson in preparation for it... Oh and he's also my business teacher! I'll just have to make the best of a tricky situation I guess.

Well done !! I never knew you did Psychology- so do I which exam board is yours?
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
even though I am in year ten, my group of friends and I were talking about prom today. it was very obvious that we all have different ideas concerning prom. one of my friends couldn't get over the fact that some people take a limo to prom lol (she wasn't aware of that being able to happen!) then more of my friends were saying that they were going to spend approx £1,000 all together on prom. in my view - I am probably going to buy a dress for £20, then try and attempt to do my hair and makeup myself. aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ikr it's incredible plus it's only for one night :smile: That's true :smile:
UPDATE 26/04/16:
Not much done because it was after school :wink: 20 days left

1. Geography - Sustainable development
2. Biology - Reproduction
3. Chemistry - Ions + finished worksheet + Polymers
4. OMAM - Themes + essay questions
5. English Language - essay marked

Guess I'm not the only one not going to prom!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending