Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    27/04/2016 - Evening update

It feels like I never update anymore.

Today was simply awful. It started off with RS with that STUPID trainee we've had for a few weeks - I cannot stand her. Then we had physics where we did a p4 revision lesson but I did no work at all. After break we had English where we had an of mice and men lit question, mine started off really well but then I ran out of ideas and lost focus on the question in the middle so I probably screwed it up. After English we had double chemistry, literally a recipe for disaster. Our new teacher is constantly unsure of himself and is confusing things that don't have to be confusing. I actually hated today so much.

As if all that wasn't bad enough, I fell on the stairs on the bus today too.

Although the day has finally come - stress has officially hit me, and bloody hard as well. I've cried 4 times today (I absolutely hate crying but it's becoming more and more frequent now), and I'm really jittery and feel on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I feel sick, and really, really scared. Nothing that I've revised has paid off so far. I just feel completely and utterly useless . There's also one person stressing me out on top of all this but she doesn't even know she's doing it.

Today's just been a horrible, horrible day.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Thank you and hopefully i can be like this till my exams finish I also used to have eczema around my eyes and it used to be the worst thing ever , eventually the doctor gave me this cream and it went away although now there are dark circles around my eyes but it's not that bad as it's going away How's your Eczema, i hope it's not a distracting you or anything
    Ah you used to have eczema too? Glad it's gone for you too - it must have been annoying being right around your eyes - I know how you feel. Mine is quite bad and it flared just last night a little which was frustrating but it should calm down

(Original post by NiamhM1801)

Today was simply awful. It started off with RS with that STUPID trainee we've had for a few weeks - I cannot stand her. Then we had physics where we did a p4 revision lesson but I did no work at all. After break we had English where we had an of mice and men lit question, mine started off really well but then I ran out of ideas and lost focus on the question in the middle so I probably screwed it up. After English we had double chemistry, literally a recipe for disaster. Our new teacher is constantly unsure of himself and is confusing things that don't have to be confusing. I actually hated today so much.

Although the day has finally come - stress has officially hit me, and bloody hard as well. I've cried 4 times today (I absolutely hate crying but it's becoming more and more frequent now), and I'm really jittery and feel on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I feel sick, and really, really scared. Nothing that I've revised has paid off so far. I just feel completely and utterly useless . There's also one person stressing me out on top of all this but she doesn't even know she's doing it.

Hey I'm really sorry to hear this!! If there is anything I can do to help let me know - and I suppose a possitiive you can take from thisis that it happened now andnot closer to your exams, so you've got time to continue revising and de-stress a little
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 27/04/16
    Not much specific done today
    • Read revision guide for biology and looked at drugs, CNS and peripheral, the eye
    • 15 Q cards on Yachana
    • German vocab
    • Revised history and Cold War and CMC - had test in lesson
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)

Aw poor you!! Hopefully today would be a better day Try to be positive Also, you can still revise a lot don't worry
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    UPDATE FOR 27/04/16
    Not much specific done today
    • Read revision guide for biology and looked at drugs, CNS and peripheral, the eye
    • 15 Q cards on Yachana
    • German vocab
    • Revised history and Cold War and CMC - had test in lesson
    Well done
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Hey I'm really sorry to hear this!! If there is anything I can do to help let me know - and I suppose a possitiive you can take from thisis that it happened now andnot closer to your exams, so you've got time to continue revising and de-stress a little
    Aw poor you!! Hopefully today would be a better day Try to be positive Also, you can still revise a lot don't worry
    Thank you both hopefully today will be better, seeing as its PE moderation day (although I am slightly worried about it) I only have 2 lessons and both of them are good
    I think I just need to get over myself and pull myself together tbh

ReputationRep:
    27/04/2016
    Didn't do much. I started procrastinating
    C3- questions on it
    English- read through a bunch of articles again
    Maths- looked at previous mock exams and looked at my weaknesses
    Health and social care- key terms
    ICT- camcorders

ReputationRep:
    I haven't posted on here in aaages but I managed to get through a fair bit yesterday which made me really happy ^-^
    Made mind maps for all B1 topics
    Revised unit 1 and 2 of ICT with some flashcards
    Looked through my last further maths mock to find weaknesses. I was 10 marks off an A** so I just need to find where I'm getting lost
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    27/04/2016
    Didn't do much. I started procrastinating
    C3- questions on it
    English- read through a bunch of articles again
    Maths- looked at previous mock exams and looked at my weaknesses
    Health and social care- key terms
    ICT- camcorders
    Well done
    (Original post by keerthik)
    I haven't posted on here in aaages but I managed to get through a fair bit yesterday which made me really happy ^-^
    Made mind maps for all B1 topics
    Revised unit 1 and 2 of ICT with some flashcards
    Looked through my last further maths mock to find weaknesses. I was 10 marks off an A** so I just need to find where I'm getting lost
    Haha you haven't Well done

ReputationRep:
    I did absolutely loads of revision yesterday, aided by the fact I had 3 full hours of science revision in class!
    Tonight my brother is coming round to help me with IT and we are also celebrating his birthday which will be nice
    Right now I'm off to the old peoples home for the final time as I will have finished my six months in time for extra exam revision which I am pleased about as well
    Also, I heard back from something I applied for a while a go which was a youth panellist for a charity and I got the place so I will be going down to London for the day soon which I am really excited about as I live up north so I've only been when I was a lot younger! It's also going to look great on my CV and personal statement when the time comes... Just waiting to hear back from a summer school now.

ReputationRep:
    What the hell??!! Why did she not like it?
    basically she wasn't too keen on my structure - as I'm meant to link all different poetic forms like all together :/ also she said that some of my points could have been expressed more clearly and placed into different sections.

it is really annoying, as i have to redo my work yet again. but i want an A* so I will keep on going until I get it right. she is a very picky teacher, I mean I had to rewrite my creative writing 5 times before she loved it.

this weekend, I will just knuckle down and write the 2500 words. i am just going to take it as a positive though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 28/04/16:
    1. Geography - Population
    2. Chemistry - Unit 1 Past paper,Half equations,Unit 3 past paper,looked through all the past papers
    3. LOTF - Gathered quotes for a theme
    4. French - C.A 30 words written, Learnt paragraphs for C.A tomorrow

I also got my Physics mock back for paper 1 and i got an A* but we did this was a past paper that i already did before

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 28/04/16:
    2. Chemistry - Unit 1 Past paper,Half equations,Unit 3 past paper,looked through all the past papers

I also got my Physics mock back for paper 1 and i got an A* but we did this was a past paper that i already did before
    Well done and especiciall well done for your grace! Keep up the good work!

If you don't mind me asking, why are you still doing C.A for French? Did you retake it? And what exam board are you doing? Sorry if I come across as rude.

ReputationRep:
    28/04/16
    I think today was all right considering I was tired. For some reason, I always seem to be so tire lately! I guess I should sleep a bit more earlier.
    Maths- past paper, needs to be marked
    ICT- managed to almost finish the second topic- operating online. Just got copyright and security left. 5 more topics to go!
    English Literature- tested my knowledge of the storyline of Anita and Me
    French- not much of an achievement but I did manage to learn 10 words on Memrise

During school.
    History- economic changes in Germany, Nazi policies towards the young and the women and the final solution
    Science- Revised energy in C3 and batch process as well as allotropes. Managed to some questions on it
    Maths- attempted more harder questions

ReputationRep:
    I didn't get a lot done yesterday due to swimming and dance lessons
    Finished an English Language past paper
    Did some additional maths questions and made notes on stuff I found hard
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keerthik)
    I didn't get a lot done yesterday due to swimming and dance lessons
    Finished an English Language past paper
    Did some additional maths questions and made notes on stuff I found hard
    28/04/16
    I think today was all right considering I was tired. For some reason, I always seem to be so tire lately! I guess I should sleep a bit more earlier.
    Maths- past paper, needs to be marked
    ICT- managed to almost finish the second topic- operating online. Just got copyright and security left. 5 more topics to go!
    English Literature- tested my knowledge of the storyline of Anita and Me
    French- not much of an achievement but I did manage to learn 10 words on Memrise

During school.
    History- economic changes in Germany, Nazi policies towards the young and the women and the final solution
    Science- Revised energy in C3 and batch process as well as allotropes. Managed to some questions on it
    Maths- attempted more harder questions
    UPDATE 28/04/16:

Well done all of you - keep up the hard work
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Well done and especiciall well done for your grace! Keep up the good work!

If you don't mind me asking, why are you still doing C.A for French? Did you retake it? And what exam board are you doing? Sorry if I come across as rude.
    Yep I'm retaking it I don't know why but the whole class got a C for writing ?! Also, for the rest of my C.A i got A*'s and I thought that i should re-do it. Edexcel
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 28/04/16
    • 90 German cards
    • 7 Yachana Eco Lodge
    • 15 Transmigration
    • Case studies
    • C6 topics
    • ICT booklet pages and Q Cards

ReputationRep:
    Zoe, how do you revise for geography?

ReputationRep:
    French is making me cry. How do you guys revise for French listening and Reading? My Coursework totals up to a high A after moderation. I'm cool with that due to the fact that French is one of my weaker subjects and I don't particularly like it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.