Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 08/05/16
    Like the rest of you, I chose to enjoy the weather, but I did some revision outside which was rather nice
    • Speed quiz on Pakistan flood
    • Q cards on Japan Tsunami
    • 30 Q Cards on Yellowstone
    • 66 ICT Q cards
    • Biology B1-3 past paper
    • 24 cards made on Fairtrade project
    • ICT Past paper
    • Physics radiation notes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srmed)
    Update for today:
    RE paper covering peace and justice and religion and equality
    B1 paper (50 marks!)
    C1 paper (47 marks! I made silly mistakes :/)
    Geography unit 1 battle for the biosphere revision and practise questions
    OMAM revison and recapping

Overall, pretty productive considering the temptation to go outside today it reached 27 degrees!
    Well done I know right the weather yesterday was amazing
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Well, I'll probably first make sure that I should be proud of myself and not be worried. Then probably look over things I've learned, not anything to much, and then probably eat something sweet. For some reason, eating something sweet always calms me down!

Same situation for me yesterday! I already bought a perfume for my science teacher who has helped me a lot and taught me since year 7. I'm planning to buy a book for my English teacher and a book for my history teacher. I would probably give most of my teachers a thank you card too except for my ICT teacher.

Wow, good luck! Hopefully, you will do well!

Wow, well done today! You should be proud! Keep up the good work!

Well done! The weather was wonderful today, wasn't it? Keep up the hard work!
    Thank you very much and haha make sure you don't eat too much sweets
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Update 08/05/2916
    Well, I wanted to be productive today but unfortunately, I woke up at 12pm when I wanted to wake up at 7am. I guess I did something...

English literature- recapped Anita and Me and did a past essay question. I also looked over my mock exam and looked for any weaknesses
    English language- revised how to write review and analysed and read reviews. Did a past a per question on it
    ICT- I somehow spent a lot of time revising topic 6(issues) today. For some reason, revising for ICT is longer than revising for any other subjects. I also did a past paper and somehow, again, managed an A*. Hopefully, the grade boundaries will stay low this year!
    Well done at least you did something which is a good thing
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Wow good luck and I hope they go well for you

They are great gifts!! And those glasses are fantastic

One word - Fantastic!!!

Well done - I'm sure the lie in will have helped you recharge, you've still done amazingly well
    Aw thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 08/05/16
    Like the rest of you, I chose to enjoy the weather, but I did some revision outside which was rather nice
    • 66 ICT Q cards
    • ICT Past paper
    Very well done I can never revise outside because of the noise

ReputationRep:
    Lmao the history exam was histerical - I started laughing halfway through it xD (I wish I could say why. Won't for safety reasons :P) Really happy with most of it though, can't complain at all.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 08/05/16
    • 66 ICT Q cards
    • ICT Past paper
    Wow! Well done! The weather was amazing wasn't it? Keep up the good work!

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Thank you very much and haha make sure you don't eat too much sweets
    Sure!

Well done at least you did something which is a good thing
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Wow good luck and I hope they go well for you

They are great gifts!! And those glasses are fantastic

One word - Fantastic!!!

Well done - I'm sure the lie in will have helped you recharge, you've still done amazingly well
    Thank you!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    Lmao the history exam was histerical - I started laughing halfway through it xD (I wish I could say why. Won't for safety reasons :P) Really happy with most of it though, can't complain at all.
    Lol Ok At least you were happy about it
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Did anything happen because you laughed in the exam? Because I'm worried about laughing during my German listening as those are usually hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Well done I know right the weather yesterday was amazing
    Thank you, well done to you too

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any tips revising for A-Level English Language?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    How are you guys revising ? Are you revising everything or are you only revising for the exams that are next week or so ?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Haha - you've made me curious now, but don't worry I won't ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Did anything happen because you laughed in the exam? Because I'm worried about laughing during my German listening as those are usually hilarious
    It wasn't a hard laughter but the invigilator gave me a frown :P

ReputationRep:
    Haha - you've made me curious now, but don't worry I won't ask
    Yeah it was more about what I wrote, lol. But can't tell sadly ;/ Tomorrow I'm free, yay! Time to study :P

ReputationRep:
    Lol Ok At least you were happy about it
    Indeed, all the tension was gone after that!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    How are you guys revising ? Are you revising everything or are you only revising for the exams that are next week or so ?
    My only exams in the first week are French and IT, and French is the exam I'm least worried about so I've all but finished the revision for that now- I've just saved a few past papers. IT I have saved plenty of revision material for the day or so before but right now I am prioritising biology and English literature, as I have a jam packed second week with 3 exams in one day so revision will be difficult! So to answer your question, I've saved last minute past papers for my first exams and I'm now looking ahead to the second week. Then at the weekend I will switch to my final revision for my first exams and let the exams run their course doing the same sort of emergency key topic revision.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what happened to me today at all, it might be stress? I'm not sure. But I couldn't focus in RE at all today and I spent most of the lesson with my head in my hands crying slightly and then for about an hour afterwards I was really shaky and ughhh I'm so not ready for exams and I have 7 days to go help me
    Also the school printer is BROKEN so I couldn't print off any notes id made or past papers I need to do so now I'm even more stressed
    I'm such a mess it awful, it's like I'm on weekly cycles of positive vibes and panicky low self esteem moods. This week it's the 2nd one . I don't know what to do as exams are so close but I need to sort myself out!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.