Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Wow! Those are phenomenal mock scores you should be immensely proud!! And I suppose OCD is probably a good thing for you especially around now when studying is so important (though I guess it will have it's downsides)

Keep it up and the best of luck
    Your words are ambrosia from which I feed (to speak poetically), but you look at OCD through rose tinted glasses. OCD is like having Satan in your head; it is a constant battle to even think what I wish due to the overwhelming cacophony of intrusive thoughts. My mind is not even my own; it is out of my control, and what I once could venture into and explore is now locked out of my reach.

Apologies for burdening you with this, I just had to exorcise it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Can anyone help me understand the answer to 3B III from the 2012 OCR 21st century B123 paper. Thanks. I don't understand why it's no. Shouldn't it be yes due to the mutation and resistance of the bacteria ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Right sorry it's late but I'll help you. Is it January or June?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-05-16-19-34-02.png
Views: 43
Size:  45.5 KBAttachment 532797532799
    Can someone help me out please ?

which one
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me understand the answer to 3B III from the 2012 OCR 21st century B123 paper. Thanks. I don't understand why it's no. Shouldn't it be yes due to the mutation and resistance of the bacteria ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Never mind I realised that it's January because it's the only one with a 3(b)(iii) haha.
    I've just attempted all of question 3 myself. I assume you also put 5 for 3(b)(ii) then? Because that's not the case. The non-resistant bacteria does NOT become resistant to penicillin from the one dose, as most of it is killed. For part (iii) I admittedly only got 1 mark, but I know why it is no. The rapid fall represents the killing of a lot of the non-resistant strain of bacteria, and the gradual incline represents the natural reproduction of the resistant bacteria as they weren't affected by the penicillin. However I also think that the mark scheme doesn't really make sense, hence why I only got one mark.

While you're here can I also ask why the answer to 3(a)(i) is 8? Because I put 3 and I'm not sure a) what I did or b) why it is wrong and 8 is correct (I assume you got it right as you seem to be really good at science!)

ReputationRep:
    6 hours revision today:
    3 hours of B1 revision
    1 hour of maths tutorhomework which was A* A B grade work by topic
    B1 paper (Grade A 40/60! really pleased with this was only getting high C's last week!)
    French Listening Paper (Grade A* 32/40 Thought I did badly on this one but got full ums!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybird29)
    6 hours revision today:
    3 hours of B1 revision
    B1 paper (Grade A 40/60! really pleased with this was only getting high C's last week!)
    French Listening Paper (Grade A* 32/40 Thought I did badly on this one but got full ums!)
    Well done today! I'm assuming you are on study leave as you did 6 hours revision. How do you get A* in French listening? I suck at it and I was wondering how you did this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Well done today! I'm assuming you are on study leave as you did 6 hours revision. How do you get A* in French listening? I suck at it and I was wondering how you did this.
    Yeah thankfully I am on study leave! (i get a LOT more done at home!) Lots of practice! I got a U in listening in year 10 mocks! So practice really does help!! and learn as much vocab as you can

ReputationRep:
    Update 16/05/2016
    Focused on French today! Dreading the exam tommorow, especially listening! Hopefully, the grade boundaries will be nice and low!

3 French reading papers- achieved A*, A* and A - timed condition so took long
    1 Listening paper- a B- why?!

Looked over weaknesses and some key words.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thankfully I am on study leave! (i get a LOT more done at home!) Lots of practice! I got a U in listening in year 10 mocks! So practice really does help!! and learn as much vocab as you can
    You are soo lucky! I still have to attend school till 27th May! I'll try to learn some vocab in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Never mind I realised that it's January because it's the only one with a 3(b)(iii) haha.
    I've just attempted all of question 3 myself. I assume you also put 5 for 3(b)(ii) then? Because that's not the case. The non-resistant bacteria does NOT become resistant to penicillin from the one dose, as most of it is killed. For part (iii) I admittedly only got 1 mark, but I know why it is no. The rapid fall represents the killing of a lot of the non-resistant strain of bacteria, and the gradual incline represents the natural reproduction of the resistant bacteria as they weren't affected by the penicillin. However I also think that the mark scheme doesn't really make sense, hence why I only got one mark.

While you're here can I also ask why the answer to 3(a)(i) is 8? Because I put 3 and I'm not sure a) what I did or b) why it is wrong and 8 is correct (I assume you got it right as you seem to be really good at science!)
    Thanks. I was really confused about that question too. The answer is 8 because a microorganism divides by 2 every 20 minutes. However, the first stage of the 24hrs is 1hour so you do 2 to the power of 3, which is 8.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    You are soo lucky! I still have to attend school till 27th May! I'll try to learn some vocab in the morning!

There are vocab lists on memorise so try, or use duolingo. The more vocab, the better! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn;[url="tel:64861713")
    64861713[/url]]good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Today's the day! First 3 exams.... See you on the other side
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 16/05/16
    Focused on B1 & French
    1. Looked over all french past papers
    2. Reviewed notes for all of B1
    3. Specification B1
    4. Looked over all B1 past papers

Hope everything goes well today and everything is manageable God bless :adore:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Your words are ambrosia from which I feed (to speak poetically), but you look at OCD through rose tinted glasses. OCD is like having Satan in your head; it is a constant battle to even think what I wish due to the overwhelming cacophony of intrusive thoughts. My mind is not even my own; it is out of my control, and what I once could venture into and explore is now locked out of my reach.

Apologies for burdening you with this, I just had to exorcise it.
    Yes I suppose I do (apologies if that was inconsiderate of me) but I do like to be optimistic of things

6 hours revision today:
    3 hours of B1 revision
    Woweee! Well done - this is absolutely fantastic!!

Today's the day! First 3 exams.... See you on the other side
    3 exams?! Good luck and go and smash it
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    UPDATE 16/05/16
    Focused on B1 & French
    1. Looked over all french past papers
    2. Reviewed notes for all of B1
    3. Specification B1
    4. Looked over all B1 past papers

Hope everything goes well today and everything is manageable God bless :adore:
    Well done and have you got exams today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword;[url="tel:64867125")
    64867125[/url]]Yes I suppose I do (apologies if that was inconsiderate of me) but I do like to be optimistic of things

Woweee! Well done - this is absolutely fantastic!!

3 exams?! Good luck and go and smash it
    2 for AQA French and one for AQA Biology
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    2 for AQA French and one for AQA Biology
    Ah I see - the best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Well done and have you got exams today?
    French reading and listening - OCR
    Biology B123

In order of sitting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.