ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Good luck
    Thanks. 👏👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone sitting exams today!! (French, Biology or whatever else)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Thanks. I was really confused about that question too. The answer is 8 because a microorganism divides by 2 every 20 minutes. However, the first stage of the 24hrs is 1hour so you do 2 to the power of 3, which is 8.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're welcome it was a really confusing question with an even worse mark scheme!
    I think what I did was just count them (8) and divided 24 by 8? I'm not sure but thanks for clearing it up

ReputationRep:
    Off to my first exam today, French! Surprisingly calm, probably because it's 60% coursework and I didn't drop a mark so I'm pretty confident in French, I'm glad it's my first exam good luck to all!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Littleone2000)
    Off to my first exam today, French! Surprisingly calm, probably because it's 60% coursework and I didn't drop a mark so I'm pretty confident in French, I'm glad it's my first exam good luck to all!
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone remember that all of your hard work has come down to this, go smash it

ReputationRep:
    Biology unit 1 exam today at 13:30. Time to read over my notes ....

ReputationRep:
    How was the biology exam...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the last question on the indicator species bit...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Well done and have you got exams today?
    Yep and thank you
    I've done them now it went well Hopefully revision pays off
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala*15)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fresh invertebrates but for the Environmental factor i wrote the wrong thing.I wrote the wider the invertebrate is the cleaner.
    What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala*15)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mayfly Larvae

Sensitive to water pollution.

To measure the above differently use a dissolved oxygen meter in the water.

ReputationRep:
    That biology paper was wonderful! However there were quite a few questions which were tick boxes that can be interpreted differently which may affect grade boundaries. All in all, nice way to ease in to exams. French reading was nice but listening was slightly tricky. But a good day of exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    Mayfly Larvae

Sensitive to water pollution.

To measure the above differently use a dissolved oxygen meter in the water.
    What board was this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My exams went brilliantly. French was a piece of cake and Biology was really good as well. I'm scared though, I found it too easy. Idk if it was because I revised my balls off or because it was ACTUALLY easy and the grade boundaries are high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    That biology paper was wonderful! However there were quite a few questions which were tick boxes that can be interpreted differently which may affect grade boundaries. All in all, nice way to ease in to exams. French reading was nice but listening was slightly tricky. But a good day of exams
    What did you get for the following:

The question about the brain coordinated response and spinal cord response (why is there a difference in speed of coordination)

The one about interpreting the scatter diagram (what is the distribution of no stripe and and lightly coloured in woodland and grass)

Finally, the successive question about why the above distribution was present

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    What board was this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redcoats)
    What did you get for the following:

The question about the brain coordinated response and spinal cord response (why is there a difference in speed of coordination)

The one about interpreting the scatter diagram (what is the distribution of no stripe and and lightly coloured in woodland and grass)

Finally, the successive question about why the above distribution was present
    I think you guys do a different board to me because none of that came up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.