The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Redcoats
I think I've got an A* in all the exams I've done so far - which is 9 exams - so I'm getting close to the 11A* mark!

Well done. 👍👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I've got an A* in all the exams I've done so far - which is 9 exams - so I'm getting close to the 11A* mark!

Do you got to a state school ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Do you got to a state school ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. What about you?
Yes. What about you?

Yes. I do too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to ask what you his wrote for the B123 question on Neanderthals teeth and food ? Apparently people are complaining about it on the Internet and are petitioning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to ask what you his wrote for the B123 question on Neanderthals teeth and food ? Apparently people are complaining about it on the Internet and are petitioning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put about how different individuals interpret data in different ways as they have different ways of thinking (1 mark)
One of the scientists may have existing knowledge on the diet of Neanderthals and so may be able to make a more informed decision (probably 0 mark, possible 1 mark as the wording is bad)

What I was trying to say but couldn't put it in the right words is that how a scientists background can influence their decision, for example if someone was a Neanderthal expert then they will know more about their diet (this would get 1 mark according to the revision guide and specification)
Original post by NiamhM1801
I put about how different individuals interpret data in different ways as they have different ways of thinking (1 mark)
One of the scientists may have existing knowledge on the diet of Neanderthals and so may be able to make a more informed decision (probably 0 mark, possible 1 mark as the wording is bad)

What I was trying to say but couldn't put it in the right words is that how a scientists background can influence their decision, for example if someone was a Neanderthal expert then they will know more about their diet (this would get 1 mark according to the revision guide and specification)

I was quite confused about that question. Although I found the rest of the paper easy. Did the question say that the records were the same ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As in the fossils were both the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't seem to remember what I wrote for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was quite confused about that question. Although I found the rest of the paper easy. Did the question say that the records were the same ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question involved 2 people making hypotheses based on the data that there were remains of plant matter in the teeth of Neanderthals. One person thought that this meant that they were herbivores/omnivores (can't quite remember) and the other thought that this meant that they ate the contents of a deers stomach or something which contained plant matter. The question asked why scientists can come to different conclusions despite being confronted with the same data.

I hate ideas about science questions but I thought I handled that one reasonably well
I still can't remember what I wrote for that one. Odd. Are you sure they were both confronted with the same data ? Was it not from records of different fossils ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The question involved 2 people making hypotheses based on the data that there were remains of plant matter in the teeth of Neanderthals. One person thought that this meant that they were herbivores/omnivores (can't quite remember) and the other thought that this meant that they ate the contents of a deers stomach or something which contained plant matter. The question asked why scientists can come to different conclusions despite being confronted with the same data.

I hate ideas about science questions but I thought I handled that one reasonably well

Was the question not ' Give two reasons why they came to these conclusions ?' ? We're the fossil records not different ? I can't seem to remember what I wrote for that question. I did answer it though. I remember that. 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was the question not ' Give two reasons why they came to these conclusions ?' ? We're the fossil records not different ? I can't seem to remember what I wrote for that question. I did answer it though. I remember that. 😂😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm pretty sure it was what I said...I think :redface:
That's what I answered anyway 😂
No I'm pretty sure it was what I said...I think :redface:
That's what I answered anyway 😂

Loads of people in my school have been talking about that question. Some people wrote that the samples may have been collected from two different areas and that one of sample from a Neanderthal may have been from an area where there were more herbs than deer and vice versa. Idk. Both this and what you've said makes sense. However, what my friend wrote rings a bell because it links to the Deer, Bison and herb interdependence question.

This is now frustrating me because I can't remember what I wrote for that and I also can't remember if the fossils that the scientists examined were the same. My friends telling me that they weren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg. I'm so stressed now. My friend just told me you had to say who you agreed with and why.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg. I'm so stressed now. My friend just told me you had to say who you agreed with and why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay you definitely didn't have to do that.
Perhaps they were talking about chemistry? I know I'm probably wrong but there was a 6 marker in that that talked about bending rulers and you had to choose who you agree with and why for that one, but definitely not for that biology question, I assure you
Loads of people in my school have been talking about that question. Some people wrote that the samples may have been collected from two different areas and that one of sample from a Neanderthal may have been from an area where there were more herbs than deer and vice versa. Idk. Both this and what you've said makes sense. However, what my friend wrote rings a bell because it links to the Deer, Bison and herb interdependence question.

This is now frustrating me because I can't remember what I wrote for that and I also can't remember if the fossils that the scientists examined were the same. My friends telling me that they weren't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one in mine has talked about it at all! But then again I am on study leave and have only been coming in to school to sit my exams and then I'm out again 😂
I think the link to the deer bison and herb question was because one of the people said that they are the contents of a deers stomach (and since they fed on herbs, that would make sense)
No one in mine has talked about it at all! But then again I am on study leave and have only been coming in to school to sit my exams and then I'm out again 😂
I think the link to the deer bison and herb question was because one of the people said that they are the contents of a deers stomach (and since they fed on herbs, that would make sense)

Yeah. I have a feeling I wrote something along the lines of what my friend said. However, he said that it was data collected by the scientist individually so his answer would make sense. However, if the data was exactly the same then your answer would be correct. OMG. The whole paper went so well for me and now this Neanderthal own is getting me stressed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay you definitely didn't have to do that.
Perhaps they were talking about chemistry? I know I'm probably wrong but there was a 6 marker in that that talked about bending rulers and you had to choose who you agree with and why for that one, but definitely not for that biology question, I assure you

Oh. Thank god. Maybe I shouldn't have asked him. He is quite forgetful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending