Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hey guys,
    How do you revise for English Literature ? I mean you don't even know what the questions is and how do you remember all the quotes ?
    My teacher has predicted two character that can come up do you think i should revise them really well.I really don't know what to do, I'm freaking out. Should i revise all the characters really well ?
    Thanks
    Make sure you know the book inside out, themes character and everything with many quotes to back everything up
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dance25)
    Omg same 👊🏼
    What topics
    Cool - Water on Land, Coasts and Restless Earth
    What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Cool - Water on Land, Coasts and Restless Earth
    What about you?
    Same except rocks instead of coasts

You know for water on land are you going to learn examples for the spec points about the frequency and location of flooding?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Same except rocks instead of coasts

You know for water on land are you going to learn examples for the spec points about the frequency and location of flooding?
    I wasn't planning on, I was hoping it would include a Figure or something. Does it say we have to learn the frequency and location?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't planning on, I was hoping it would include a Figure or something. Does it say we have to learn the frequency and location?
    Same! It just says frequency and location over the last 20 years so hopefully not!!
    You using the CGP guide for case studies or the textbook?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I should probably go revise geography because I have Latin that day too 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Same! It just says frequency and location over the last 20 years so hopefully not!!
    You using the CGP guide for case studies or the textbook?
    I should probably go revise geography because I have Latin that day too 😑
    A mixture. If I have enough notes for a full answer in my book from class notes I'll use that but if not then I refer to the CGP guide (we used textbooks at school)

And I'm going offline to revise Geography too, as well as Eng lit, so I'll catch up with you later on tonight

ReputationRep:
    A mixture. If I have enough notes for a full answer in my book from class notes I'll use that but if not then I refer to the CGP guide (we used textbooks at school)

And I'm going offline to revise Geography too, as well as Eng lit, so I'll catch up with you later on tonight
    Me too but my class notes aren't great!
    Yeah talk later

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srmed)
    I'm in the same position as you too super stressed for English next week :/ I'm thinking of going through everything and then doing past paper questions and making answers that I think they'll ask on. I also need to remember quotes for each character in OMAM but I don't know how to. What exam board are you for English lit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WJEC you ?

Listen, ignore what they say - you don't even know it is true!! If how you study is working for you then that's great don't change it. but if you feel there is more you need to know, then adapt it to suit you - NOT to suit your mate. Rather than stduyinglonger look at ways of studying more effectively in the time you have set for study

Well done
    True and thank you

UPDATE FOR 20/05/16
    So like most others, not much variety but detailed revision on subjects for next week:
    • Biology Q cards
    • Maths past paper (100%)
    • Geography cards
    • OMAM and AIC quotes and revision
    • Heroes revision
    Well done 100% is so good well done

ReputationRep:
    WJEC you ?

True and thank you

Well done 100% is so good well done
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    i'm terrified of english literature exams, i'm aqa doing conflict poetry, omam and aic. Any advice on how to revise i'm really struggling.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 20/05/16
    So like most others, not much variety but detailed revision on subjects for next week:
    • Biology Q cards
    • Maths past paper (100%)
    • Geography cards
    • OMAM and AIC quotes and revision
    • Heroes revision
    Well done in the maths, that's insane! That will be what I aim for in year eleven
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    How do you structure your essay when comparing two poems ? What do you use, I use PEDAL what about you guys ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybird29)
    i'm terrified of english literature exams, i'm aqa doing conflict poetry, omam and aic. Any advice on how to revise i'm really struggling.
    I do omam too and i'm struggling too

ReputationRep:
    OMG U did really well!!! And its really good that ur setting high grades for ur self, i want to get A* in everything too, but i will be happy with two A's two A*'s or even two B's and two A's. The best of luck, hope u get all the marks u want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talkand...Talk)
    OMG U did really well!!! And its really good that ur setting high grades for ur self, i want to get A* in everything too, but i will be happy with two A's two A*'s or even two B's and two A's. The best of luck, hope u get all the marks u want
    Thanks. I'm aiming for as many A stars as possible but the chances of me getting an A* for French and Drama is incredibly small.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    The procrastination has been STRONG today 😁
    It's English I swear, every time I try to revise it I just want to sleep!!
    All I've managed to do is make notes on what's come up for English lit since 2011 and try to make some predictions from that. It's easy for omam but really hard for animal farm as they could literally ask anything!
    In a bit ill start making essay starters for omam on the predictions I've made, it might be stimulating enough for me to actually not want to give up haha
    I don't think I'll ever be ready for English but what can you do eh
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    All I've managed to do is make notes on what's come up for English lit since 2011 and try to make some predictions from that. It's easy for omam but really hard for animal farm as they could literally ask anything!
    In a bit ill start making essay starters for omam on the predictions I've made, it might be stimulating enough for me to actually not want to give up haha
    High five
    Same here i just can't. I do OMAM too what board do you do ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Literally same - feels like you read my mind :lol:
    Everytime it comes to English my brain just turns off Done the same as you - made a few predictions for Monday's and Friday's exams, but I honestly feel like I'm just going to have to wing them and rely on my CAs
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    High five
    Same here i just can't. I do OMAM too what board do you do ?
    It's tricky isn't it? And I do Edexcel

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.