Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    You don't know what happened at school. The fire alarm went on during our English exam and we had half hour left till the end of the exam- everyone went out but we were outside for 30 mins and everyone started to talk so we couldn't go back and finish it off. Guess everything happens for a reason It was a good paper though and the examiners are to be linient. So that's great Hoping for that A/B
    Just wanted to share this
    wowwww, i would be so annoyed if that happened to me! at least you are all safe though x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    wowwww, i would be so annoyed if that happened to me! at least you are all safe though x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was at the start but now it's the past and we can't do much so i'm hoping the examiners will be very linient Yeh

ReputationRep:
    I was at the start but now it's the past and we can't do much so i'm hoping the examiners will be very linient Yeh
    fair enough, will the school inform the examiners?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    fair enough, will the school inform the examiners?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep the head told us that they will write a letter about the incident.
    Thank you very much for that personal rating your so kind

ReputationRep:
    That's a really good attitude to have - it's so true, the past is the past. Every time we have a bad (or good) exam we have to focus on the next one. Sometimes I find that really hard to do though

ReputationRep:
    You don't know what happened at school. The fire alarm went on during our English exam and we had half hour left till the end of the exam- everyone went out but we were outside for 30 mins and everyone started to talk so we couldn't go back and finish it off. Guess everything happens for a reason It was a good paper though and the examiners are to be linient. So that's great Hoping for that A/B
    Just wanted to share this
    We had a fire alarm at our school. There wasn't a fire, but someone had smashed the alarm box deliberately.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furtherlearner)
    That's a really good attitude to have - it's so true, the past is the past. Every time we have a bad (or good) exam we have to focus on the next one. Sometimes I find that really hard to do though
    Aw thanks Yeh it's really hard but it's the truth though

ReputationRep:
    Aw thanks Yeh it's really hard but it's the truth though
    I am sure that you will do extremely well anyway

ReputationRep:
    Hey Girls,

Where do you think the grade boundary for an A and A* will be this year ? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For Maths that is. Lol. Should've mentioned that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Hey Girls,

Where do you think the grade boundary for an A and A* will be this year ? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What board do you do for Maths? lol the fact you said ' Hey girls' made me laugh. Don't even know why.

ReputationRep:
    What board do you do for Maths? lol the fact you said ' Hey girls' made me laugh. Don't even know why.
    I do edexcel. Lol. It's because I realised that I usually call you guys 'guys' but all of you are girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I do edexcel. Lol. It's because I realised that I usually call you guys 'guys' but all of you are girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do the same board as you. How did you find the exam ? I thought it was good. Maybe 150 ish for an A*. Did you see that news about how hard the exam was ? It wasn't that bad. Was it ?
    Yeah true

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I just have high expectations of myself. Lmao. Not really. I'm used to it. For my History Part C I had written 20 sides and my head of department had to sign my coursework to say that it was done within the time limit given. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    14.5 in 45 mins!!?? I wrote 2.5 pages

ReputationRep:
    I do the same board as you. How did you find the exam ? I thought it was good. Maybe 150 ish for an A*. Did you see that news about how hard the exam was ? It wasn't that bad. Was it ?
    Yeah true
    Yeah. I felt that it was really good but all of my teachers said that the reason for that was because we were from top set and she said that students that are average found it extremely difficult. To be honest everyone except top set found it difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 28/05/16:

Don't think i've updated here for a long time !
    So today I tried to get revision done but i got distracted - i couldn't focus especially when you've had a whole week of exam (everyday single day) and a stressful Friday !!!

1. Psychology - 5 case studies
    2. Geography - 3 diagrams
    3. B2 - All of cells
    4. B3 - 3 topics
    5. C2 - 2 topics
    6. P2 - Forces + Motion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    14.5 in 45 mins!!?? I wrote 2.5 pages
    Not 45 minutes. It was more like 1hr and 10 minutes. We're given 1hr and 15 minutes but I had spent 5 minutes reading the unseen poem and understanding it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I felt that it was really good but all of my teachers said that the reason for that was because we were from top set and she said that students that are average found it extremely difficult. To be honest everyone except top set found it difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah i guess maybe but people in my school who were in set 3 found it good as well. So many people were complaining about the stem and leaf diagram.
    At least it wasn't as bad as last years

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i guess maybe but people in my school who were in set 3 found it good as well. So many people were complaining about the stem and leaf diagram.
    It wasn't but as bad but I feel that many people didn't revise this year form what I've seen at school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about a stem and leaf diagram ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.