AQA English Language - A
    AQA English Literature - A
    OCR Geography B - A
    AQA German - A
    AQA Humanities - A
    Edexcel Information & Communication Technology - B
    OCR Mathematics B - B
    OCR Physics A - A

My main issue was I didn't revise and I didn't really attempt the coursework. I think I was about 1-5 marks off A* for the sciences? I.T I got 100% in the exam but didn't even do most of the project work :P
    All those A's are fantastic still! And well done on the 100% in IT, shame about the project work though :-P

How did you find GCSE - was it very difficult for you or did you just feel confident about it?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobbyd)
    In year 11 too! Can you send pics of your revision for german/ geograpy/history? thanks
    Great to hear from you - at weekend, I'm going to post loads of updates for my revision with pictures - and by then I will have got my mock results so I'll do a big update then - if that's ok with you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Great to hear from you - at weekend, I'm going to post loads of updates for my revision with pictures - and by then I will have got my mock results so I'll do a big update then - if that's ok with you?
    Awesome idrm no rush lol

ReputationRep:
    All those A's are fantastic still! And well done on the 100% in IT, shame about the project work though :-P

How did you find GCSE - was it very difficult for you or did you just feel confident about it?
    They're pretty good considering the most revision I did was reading the textbook on my 10 minute walk to the exam from home :P Disappointed that I didn't do the work to get A*'s to brag about though.

Generally I found everything quite easy, which I guess might be natural talent of sorts. I wouldn't say I was confident, more like just lucky and good at doing the bare minimum? The hardest subject for me was maths, which I had never been good at or tried before, but I think for GCSE if you just put in even a little time to revise and don't cram then anyone can get A*.

It's definitely worth doing because the jump to A-level is huge, so having solid foundations makes that easier as well as giving you more choice over what subjects you do. For example I had to take Use of Maths rather than Maths because of my B grade at GCSE.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiimov)
    They're pretty good considering the most revision I did was reading the textbook on my 10 minute walk to the exam from home :P Disappointed that I didn't do the work to get A*'s to brag about though.

Generally I found everything quite easy, which I guess might be natural talent of sorts. I wouldn't say I was confident, more like just lucky and good at doing the bare minimum? The hardest subject for me was maths, which I had never been good at or tried before, but I think for GCSE if you just put in even a little time to revise and don't cram then anyone can get A*.

It's definitely worth doing because the jump to A-level is huge, so having solid foundations makes that easier as well as giving you more choice over what subjects you do. For example I had to take Use of Maths rather than Maths because of my B grade at GCSE.
    They are very good if that's all the revision you did!

I don't know if my grades are through talent - because I always end up studying anyways. To be honest, maths is one of the easiest for me at GCSE and doing past papers is all I seem to do.

I understand what you are on about with A-levels because everyone says there is a big jump, so I really want to be as prepared as possible so I don't disappoint, but it is difficult to maintain the motivation

ReputationRep:
    They are very good if that's all the revision you did!

I don't know if my grades are through talent - because I always end up studying anyways. To be honest, maths is one of the easiest for me at GCSE and doing past papers is all I seem to do.

I understand what you are on about with A-levels because everyone says there is a big jump, so I really want to be as prepared as possible so I don't disappoint, but it is difficult to maintain the motivation
    Thank you It doesn't really matter how you do it, someone who has natural ability can be beaten by someone who maybe isn't so good but puts a lot of effort into revision and practice.

I know what you mean about motivation, like right now I should be doing project work and revising for Physics, but here I am :P
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiimov)
    Thank you It doesn't really matter how you do it, someone who has natural ability can be beaten by someone who maybe isn't so good but puts a lot of effort into revision and practice.

I know what you mean about motivation, like right now I should be doing project work and revising for Physics, but here I am :P
    Exactly - and same here, I'm supposed to be writing my German homework but writing about Stephen Hawking and his theories in German is not the easiest of things

ReputationRep:
    My Mock Exams started today. I am really fatigued after 4 hours of my 5 hours in School today were exams. I had English language and History Paper 1 today. I think English went pretty well but i think i screwed up on The American West so it does not look good. I guess i need to try even harder on paper 2 now so i can redeem myself. Tomorrow is Maths Paper 1.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibte10)
    My Mock Exams started today. I am really fatigued after 4 hours of my 5 hours in School today were exams. I had English language and History Paper 1 today. I think English went pretty well but i think i screwed up on The American West so it does not look good. I guess i need to try even harder on paper 2 now so i can redeem myself. Tomorrow is Maths Paper 1.
    Aw I hope you can re-energise before tomorrow. Is it just the one Maths paper tomorrow? Sometimes you only remember the bits you did wrong in exams and focus on them, so you feel as though it went wrong - when it might not have done (you may surprise yourself). Just do your best and remember they are mocks so the more you mess up now, the less likely you are to do it in the real thing - as you have had more time to correct the mistakes and practice everything.

Good luck, I wish you all the best with them. Keep me updated how you are getting on and if you need help just ask!

ReputationRep:
    Aw I hope you can re-energise before tomorrow. Is it just the one Maths paper tomorrow? Sometimes you only remember the bits you did wrong in exams and focus on them, so you feel as though it went wrong - when it might not have done (you may surprise yourself). Just do your best and remember they are mocks so the more you mess up now, the less likely you are to do it in the real thing - as you have had more time to correct the mistakes and practice everything.

Good luck, I wish you all the best with them. Keep me updated how you are getting on and if you need help just ask!
    Yes thankfully just the one paper tomorrow. Yes Mocks are an opportunity to spot errors which can be focused on. Thanks for your support and i will keep you updated for sure..
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 29/02/16
    So toady I have:
    • Written some paragraphs in German on my chosen celebrity
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE

Today I would like to achieve the following:
    • Attend the history revision class after school
    • Finish translating some more German
    • Complete 1 or 2 of the online aptitude tests I need to do for an apprenticeship
    • Do Geography revision for a test next week (Coasts)
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    When's your German assessment? Bit mean having one of your weeks taken up by mocks though
    Mine was yesterday, so glad it's over!
    Hi again - I've got a date for my German assessment

It's on my birthday (29th of this month) which should be interesting. :dance:

How's all your revision going?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hi again - I've got a date for my German assessment

It's on my birthday (29th of this month) which should be interesting. :dance:

How's all your revision going?
    Woah, you get over a month!? We were only ever allowed 2 weeks (we had 3 for this one because of half term though)

Also way to put a dampener on your birthday

And unfortunately my spirits have been so down and I've been feeling so low recently that I haven't actually done any revision or homework since half term (other than my German assessment) so my teachers love me
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Woah, you get over a month!? We were only ever allowed 2 weeks (we had 3 for this one because of half term though)

Also way to put a dampener on your birthday

And unfortunately my spirits have been so down and I've been feeling so low recently that I haven't actually done any revision or homework since half term (other than my German assessment) so my teachers love me
    We've not been given the question yet, just been doing odd bits of writing for it but yeah we get a long time.

I'm sorry to hear you have been down - is there anything I can do to help?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, we just do all the work and do longer pieces of writing for homework, then get given the question and the deadline is 2 weeks from then, so I guess it's quite similar

And no, it's just my self-belief has hit the floor because I'm so nervous for the exams. However as its a new month I am trying my best to pick myself back up and start fresh, so hopefully things will go back to norms soon

Thank you though, and good luck for the 29th (even though it's 4 weeks away )
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, we just do all the work and do longer pieces of writing for homework, then get given the question and the deadline is 2 weeks from then, so I guess it's quite similar

And no, it's just my self-belief has hit the floor because I'm so nervous for the exams. However as its a new month I am trying my best to pick myself back up and start fresh, so hopefully things will go back to norms soon

Thank you though, and good luck for the 29th (even though it's 4 weeks away )
    Ah yes that's very similar to what we do.

And nerves are a pain in the backside when it comes to motivation. You'll do realy well, I'm sure, so worry less, work more (although I know it's easier said than done).

Thank you and I hope you get back to normal soon, so let me know if you need anything

ReputationRep:
    Today i had Maths Paper 1 and it was a quite straightforward paper. I think i got at least 75 marks out of 100; hopefully the calculator paper is not too difficult. Also, tomorrow have Geography Paper 2. Do you do Edexcel for Geography? I am looking for a website that has some notes on the topics.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibte10)
    Today i had Maths Paper 1 and it was a quite straightforward paper. I think i got at least 75 marks out of 100; hopefully the calculator paper is not too difficult. Also, tomorrow have Geography Paper 2. Do you do Edexcel for Geography? I am looking for a website that has some notes on the topics.
    That's good to hear! And hopefully it's not too difficult on the calculator one - which exam board do you do and which papers are you sitting?

I do AQA for Geography unfortunately. Which topics do you study?

ReputationRep:
    Just a piece of advice that might not be relevant right now, any opportunities you get to extra-curricular stuff even if its small, you should take. Like NCS, DofE etc. Any talks or lectures around subjects you like too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.