The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nisha.sri
Oh i see :smile: I'm going to go sixth form - I feel that sometimes I'd need help from teachers and others. I also prefer to stay in a school format - if you get what i mean :smile: Haha :biggrin:

Yeah I completely understand that :smile:
4/06/2016 - Evening update

Ok...I know this doesn't seem like a lot but it has genuinely taken me from 11am until now to do all of this (including breaks of course)

Today I have:
-77 German vocab mastered on Memrise (this didn't take long, maybe 45 minutes at most. I'll do more before I go to bed too)
-C7.1 notes completed (this took a reasonable amount of time, but it was relatively easy stuff)
-C7.2 notes completed (I've spent absolutely hours on this. It's SO LONG and I also wanted to take my time as this is the section of C7 that made me want to cry when we learnt it as none of it made sense at all, I get it now though :smile:)

I'm going to start C7.3 before I go to bed too. It's SO INFURIATING the amount of time I take to do things, I wish I was speedy like you lot :frown:
Original post by NiamhM1801

Ok...I know this doesn't seem like a lot but it has genuinely taken me from 11am until now to do all of this (including breaks of course)

Today I have:
-77 German vocab mastered on Memrise (this didn't take long, maybe 45 minutes at most. I'll do more before I go to bed too)
-C7.1 notes completed (this took a reasonable amount of time, but it was relatively easy stuff)
-C7.2 notes completed (I've spent absolutely hours on this. It's SO LONG and I also wanted to take my time as this is the section of C7 that made me want to cry when we learnt it as none of it made sense at all, I get it now though :smile:)

I'm going to start C7.3 before I go to bed too. It's SO INFURIATING the amount of time I take to do things, I wish I was speedy like you lot :frown:

Well done. Make sure you don't burn yourself out.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Today I have:

Well done !!
I'm like you i spend hours trying to understand and go through something but that's a good thing at least your very confident with it :biggrin: I wish i was speedy too sometimes.
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Well done. Make sure you don't burn yourself out.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Oh don't worry I won't, days where I work solidly for multiple hours are VERY rare as I get so easily distracted by literally anything. Oh and thank you :smile:
Oh don't worry I won't, days where I work solidly for multiple hours are VERY rare as I get so easily distracted by literally anything. Oh and thank you :smile:

Kl. No worries. I guess my quote fits you in this situation 🤘🤘🤘

Well done !!
I'm like you i spend hours trying to understand and go through something but that's a good thing at least your very confident with it :biggrin: I wish i was speedy too sometimes.

Thank you! :h:
Yeah, I mean (not to sound big headed) it's not often that I'm totally baffled by things we learn at school but when it does happen it terrifies me so I like to spend ages getting to grips with it - then when it does make sense it's really rewarding :biggrin: and yeah, being quicker would really make revision a hell of a lot easier but hey ho, we're getting by just fine :smile:
UPDATE 04/06/16
This is what i did today - it didn't take me that long :smile: Most of the time i was playing this game - well for an hour :biggrin:

1. Geography 2 - Tectonics + wasteful world review
2. B2 - 2008 past paper - 33/45 A*
3. B3 - 2015 past paper - 50/60 A*
4. English Language - Mr. Bruff's videos + writing formats
5. English Language - past paper unit 2 ( I bullet pointed the points)
6. B2 - 2010 past paper - 36/45 A*
7. Psychology 2 - Topic E review
(edited 7 years ago)
Kl. No worries. I guess my quote fits you in this situation 🤘🤘🤘

It's a very good quote, and yeah I guess it does fit quite well :smile:
This is what i did today - it didn't take me that long :smile: Most of the time i was playing this game - well for an hour :biggrin:

Well done Nisha. You have been fitted by nature to bear revision.

It's a very good quote, and yeah I guess it does fit quite well :smile:

Thank you.

Wow! You always manage to get so much done I'm so impressed :biggrin: and those scores are fantastic :smile:
Thank you! :h:
Yeah, I mean (not to sound big headed) it's not often that I'm totally baffled by things we learn at school but when it does happen it terrifies me so I like to spend ages getting to grips with it - then when it does make sense it's really rewarding :biggrin: and yeah, being quicker would really make revision a hell of a lot easier but hey ho, we're getting by just fine :smile:

No worries :h:
Yes that's very true :biggrin: Yeh we will get there :biggrin:
So. I have not really done much today because I went to sleep at 3 and woke up at around 7. I just went over my History notes, Business notes and Biology notes. I'm going to be doing some maths now.

(edited 7 years ago)
Wow! You always manage to get so much done I'm so impressed :biggrin: and those scores are fantastic :smile:

Thank you ! It didn't take me long though :biggrin: Thank you again :biggrin:

Well done Nisha. You have been fitted by nature to bear revision.

Thank you. Haha, I really do like that quote and it's very true :biggrin:
Thank you ! It didn't take me long though :biggrin: Thank you again :biggrin:

Thank you. Haha, I really do like that quote and it's very true :biggrin:

No worries. I had thought about putting a different one on but I had thought that this one suits students and people in general best.

This was the other one:

What death not greater than against fearful odds for the ashes of our fathers and the temples of our Gods - Lays of Ancient Rome.

Today I have:

Well done - this is immense! You say it isn't much but I think you have been very productive, well done!! :smile:

UPDATE 04/06/16

You always get fantastic scores!! You should be so proud of everything you've done in terms of revision, it is extremely commendable :biggrin:
Original post by brainzistheword
Well done - this is immense! You say it isn't much but I think you have been very productive, well done!! :smile:

Aw thank you :h: - it did feel like lots but writing it down it felt really small compared to what most people (including yourself) do. But I suppose I shouldn't worry about that too much :smile:

(PS I just managed to do C7.3 in half an hour - it's absolutely tiny! (For a change :tongue:))
Aw thank you :h: - it did feel like lots but writing it down it felt really small compared to what most people (including yourself) do. But I suppose I shouldn't worry about that too much :smile:

(PS I just managed to do C7.3 in half an hour - it's absolutely tiny! (For a change :tongue:))

No problem - like you say, don't compare youself to others as it is a case of what you know, not how much you do :biggrin: Plus, i bet you do way more than you probably need to anyway :smile:

And well done on C7.3, that probably makes you feel a bit better
Original post by brainzistheword
No problem - like you say, don't compare youself to others as it is a case of what you know, not how much you do :biggrin: Plus, i bet you do way more than you probably need to anyway :smile:

And well done on C7.3, that probably makes you feel a bit better

Ah that's true, thanks :biggrin:

And yeah it did haha :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending