Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    UPDATE FOR 03/03/16
    Again, today, I am soo tired, so I'm getting an early night.
    I've managed to achieve:
    • History revision (6 marker on US intervention in Vietnam)
    • Chemistry Alcohol notes recap
    Hopefully, if I can re-energise for tomorrow, I can absolutely storm my revision tomorrow and over the weekend so that I can do past papers and get through loads of material (and even teach myself everything I haven't already learned yet)
    I'm feeling the lack of energy today too, glad I'm not the only one!
    I'm wanting to get LOADS done this weekend too as I want to catch up on CAs and general revision, which will hopefully happen
    Good luck with the self-teaching, I'm considering it for biology where my teacher tried to teach us the entire of B6 in 3 lessons (bad idea)
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    I'm feeling the lack of energy today too, glad I'm not the only one!
    I'm wanting to get LOADS done this weekend too as I want to catch up on CAs and general revision, which will hopefully happen
    Good luck with the self-teaching, I'm considering it for biology where my teacher tried to teach us the entire of B6 in 3 lessons (bad idea)
    Glad I'm not the only one too

I wish you the best with your studies too and let me know how you get on and if you manage to get everything done. And thank you!

Hopefully I will try and teach myself as much as I can particularly the sciences I have left which are B6 and C6, so I will see what happens.

Good luck
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Glad I'm not the only one too

I wish you the best with your studies too and let me know how you get on and if you manage to get everything done. And thank you!

Hopefully I will try and teach myself as much as I can particularly the sciences I have left which are B6 and C6, so I will see what happens.

Good luck
    I will do, if I do the same thing as you I'll have to teach myself C2, B6 and P5. How bad can it be?

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    For all my revision I use purely past papers and when I get a question wrong I focus on that topic. Generally I would say I am just as good at geometry or algebra as other topics in Maths, but I really like Algebra so that should be a positive
    Thank you. I really like the way you prioritise. Your academic mind is wonderful! Keep up the great work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I will do, if I do the same thing as you I'll have to teach myself C2, B6 and P5. How bad can it be?

Good luck to you too!
    Wow that would be a lot - let me know if you need any help though as I have done C2 and P5 so would be able to help you if you like
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SILVER_INK)
    Thank you. I really like the way you prioritise. Your academic mind is wonderful! Keep up the great work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw Thank you! You are so kind and I'm glad I could help you. Let me know if you need help with anything else
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE

Today I genuinely want to rock revision and get as much done as possible. Hopefully I can get my German written up properly and the final bits drafted ready for marking on Monday. Also, I would like to take a look at the remainders of B6 and C6 and try past papers for Maths, Sciences, and Geography. If I get time, I might look at Development in Geography as we haven't covered that either.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    Good luck with your exams and you seem very committed to achieving your goals.
    Some tips I have is:
    1/ Make sure you revise in a clear way with creativity. Reading notes alone might not be the best thing to do. Perhaps organise it to mind maps or condense them. Read them out to yourselves to feel like you're teaching something. This way, it stays in your head well.
    2/ Make sure you do practise questions to focus on exam technique and knowledge.
    3/ Take breaks as it has been proven one cannot focus properly after 1 hour of full on revision. Do breaks after maybe 1 hour for 10 minutes.

That's about it, I wish you the best!
    Hi again, I was wondering if you have anymore tips you would be willing to share?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wow that would be a lot - let me know if you need any help though as I have done C2 and P5 so would be able to help you if you like
    Aren't you doing OCR Gateway though? I'm doing 21st Century and I think the units are different? I may be wrong though.

Thanks for the offer
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Aren't you doing OCR Gateway though? I'm doing 21st Century and I think the units are different? I may be wrong though.

Thanks for the offer
    Ah yes, my mistake - you are correct. If there are any topics though we may cross over and I may be able to help, we willl have to wait and see
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, my mistake - you are correct. If there are any topics though we may cross over and I may be able to help, we willl have to wait and see
    Ah I thought so

I better get cracking!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Ah I thought so

I better get cracking!
    Haha yep get off TSR and get revising

(and I should probably do the same )

ReputationRep:
    how much revision would you say that you were doing in year ten?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 04/03/16
    So today I have managed to get a bit more organised, though there is still a long way to go:
    • Re-written my German but teacher still has to mark some of it
    • Made some more diagrams for my wall on Geography and Coasts
    • Made a start of more character profiles for English Literature
    • Revised Physics P1 by completing question mind maps
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    how much revision would you say that you were doing in year ten?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would probably say that I did at least an hour a night every night on average - though I probably did more than you actually needed to. I'm one of these people who will constantly work but worry that I have not done enough

ReputationRep:
    I would probably say that I did at least an hour a night every night on average - though I probably did more than you actually needed to. I'm one of these people who will constantly work but worry that I have not done enough
    yeah like I get approx 2 hours of homework per night and then I have English coursework on top of that.

we have end of unit tests quite regularly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    yeah like I get approx 2 hours of homework per night and then I have English coursework on top of that.

we have end of unit tests quite regularly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah well in year 10 I would find myself with lots of homework some days and none the other - and where possible I would try to do it in the lunchtime or something so I had the evening free.

The end of unit tests are quite difficult I used to find, but they are really good preparation for the real thing
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE

Basically, I want to get through as much of this as I can before Monday. The more I can do now, the less I have to do later

UPDATE

Today I genuinely want to rock revision and get as much done as possible. Hopefully I can get my German written up properly and the final bits drafted ready for marking on Monday. Also, I would like to take a look at the remainders of B6 and C6 and try past papers for Maths, Sciences, and Geography. If I get time, I might look at Development in Geography as we haven't covered that either.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has applied for apprentieships and done the English and Maths aptitude/assessments - what are they like compared to other tests?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has applied for apprentieships and done the English and Maths aptitude/assessments - what are they like compared to other tests?

Thanks
    what are english and maths aptitude/assessments....?

never even heard of those?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.