Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    Lol, just lost my only two friends at school. Yes, I still have 'acquaintances' but I wouldn't count those people as 'friends.' One of the friends who I lost completely insulted and ripped apart my love of literature and my views of state schools being equal to private schools! Calling me prejudiced... Like I will not be friends with someone like that. I would rather them be removed from my life. The other 'friend' who I lost is incredibly weak and will stick to just hanging out with that girl and another girl who isn't very nice. I took great offense by having my love of English insulted because it is very personal and close to me.

Anyway, I got a high B in chemistry, so that's alright
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    Agh, so I have just heard that loads of people were discussing their opinions about me in their class today. Apparently I was called 'pretentious' and 'angry.' These attitudes are said to have come through when I was in physics and answering questions. So, I thought back to that time and I can only conclude that people are calling me that because I have a strong desire to perform well in my subjects. Perhaps I was angry because I didn't perform as well as I would have wanted to in the paper, but I don't understand why they have the right to think that of me. I mean they don't even know me... Personally, I don't think that I am 'pretentious' at all! Maybe I have a wider range of vocab and greater knowledge of the arts? Idek. I try and use my brain to enjoy life! Right now I am trying to think back to a time where I have acted 'pretentious,' and actually can't think of one.. Lol, I have massive issues relating to people. I mean I can do short term friendships and acquaintances, but I obviously suck at long term friendships. 😂
    I am finally being me and again, people don't like it. I can never make anyone happy.
    You did the right thing. Those guys don't deserve you! If people don't like you because of how you are, then there is something wrong with me. Don't worry, ill ways be true to yourself! Those girls are just jealous of the fact that you want to get good grades! And I find it ride that they are insulting your love for English! What is their problem? And how are you 'pretentious'?

What I'm trying to say is don't be upset! I think your wonderful and unique and if people don't like you, it's their loss. Work even harder and show them who is boss! Don't let them get to you!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm the same in terms of friendships so I can relate. Since primary, I've never had a real friend as they find my desire to get good grades 'weird' . Some of the acquaintances I have are sometimes afraid to talk to me because of 'how' other people will think of them. I had some friends in year 9 but they all left me after finding out that I achieved an A* in a GCSE which I was entered early and the fact that I was the only one who got it. Those girls then spread some rumours about me and everyone in my year decided to 'isolate' me so I can fail. I don't understand how that works. That just motivated me to work even harder.😂

You will true friends one day! And also, we are here for you!

ReputationRep:
    Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer - they're the only ones to show their true worth.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR LAST FEW DAYS
    Apologies - been revising and not had time
    • All Geography past papers for Human done - all over now
    • 12 German past papers (also all done now)
    • English Language layouts and practices (also all done now yay!!)

Only got Maths and Chemistry left this week, so that will be my main focus now

How has everyone been doing? and NiamhM1801 how did the exams go today?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    UPDATE FOR LAST FEW DAYS

Wow that's a lot of past papers! Hope they all paid off for you

And yeah they were pretty good! The German reading was like a gift from God! Listening was fine until the middle where I know I've messed up a bit but not much. Annoyingly vocab learning didn't help as there wasn't much in there off the list. Geography was good too, AQA clearly heard my prayer for China's one child policy! How were they for you?

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR LAST FEW DAYS

Well done! You've done a lot...

💝Life's too short💝
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Wow that's a lot of past papers! Hope they all paid off for you

And yeah they were pretty good! The German reading was like a gift from God! Listening was fine until the middle where I know I've messed up a bit but not much. Annoyingly vocab learning didn't help as there wasn't much in there off the list. Geography was good too, AQA clearly heard my prayer for China's one child policy! How were they for you?
    Haha thank you I hope they did!!

Yeah I liked the reading but the Listening was hell! Really didn't like it. As for Geography I think it was reasonable but the 8 marker in development was a bit iffy, as was some of the wording but hey it's done now

(Original post by lala*15)
    Well done! You've done a lot...

💝Life's too short💝
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I've been revising all day for Maths and partially bio. Maths has got me so stressed. I don't even know why I'm stressed. I wasn't as stressed for the non calc as I am for the calc paper even though I usually score more on the calc. Am I over reacting ? I just really want to get an A overall. 😰

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Haha thank you I hope they did!!

Yeah I liked the reading but the Listening was hell! Really didn't like it. As for Geography I think it was reasonable but the 8 marker in development was a bit iffy, as was some of the wording but hey it's done now
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention I kind of made up a case study for urbanisation hadn't learnt Dharavi (which we did in class) or Curitiba (revision guide) at all so I winged Dharavi and waffled for a bit about destroying slums to build commercial buildings best part is I wasn't completely wrong either

Yeah the wording was terrible! But I'm sooo glad it's all over now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    I've been revising all day for Maths and partially bio. Maths has got me so stressed. I don't even know why I'm stressed. I wasn't as stressed for the non calc as I am for the calc paper even though I usually score more on the calc. Am I over reacting ? I just really want to get an A overall. 😰

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
    You'll be fine...I stressed over the non calc paper..and I revised for a few hard topics but none of them came up...so I decided to not revise for this one cuz I've done enough...I've just been revising for bio...cuz I haven't done that for like 3 weeks...

💝Life's too short💝

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine...I stressed over the non calc paper..and I revised for a few hard topics but none of them came up...so I decided to not revise for this one cuz I've done enough...I've just been revising for bio...cuz I haven't done that for like 3 weeks...

💝Life's too short💝
    Kl. Thanks for reassuring me but I don't think my amount of stress will go away because everyone has been saying that the grade boundaries will be high this year. I just really want that A.

Nice signature by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Kl. Thanks for reassuring me but I don't think my amount of stress will go away because everyone has been saying that the grade boundaries will be high this year. I just really want that A.

Nice signature by the way.

Really? I never heard about that...that's kind of worried me now...😁I was aiming for an a*...😢
    Oh thx...kinda got inspired by u...👍

💝Life's too short💝

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR LAST FEW DAYS

It's ok Zoe. Well done 👏👏👏👏 I really hope you get what you deserve because you deserve a lot. I know this is a bit awkward but I was kind of missing your updates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    I think your wonderful and unique and if people don't like you, it's their loss. Work even harder and show them who is boss!
    Is that meant to rhyme ? You should put that as your signature.

ReputationRep:
    Well done Hannah. This is why I don't like being too close to people. I simply have a acquaintances and nothing but that. Of course there are people that I trust and have had a long friendship with but the thing is that I just like being on my own.This is the reason why I've been nicknamed the 'Lone wolf' by people and especially my English teacher. Lol. He's the one that started it.

I strongly believe that one does not form 'true friendship' until college or even university because you're still in the process of development and your interests, mindset and path of life changes during secondary school. I knew loads of people really well and we drifted apart due to the change of interest and paths in life. True friends are those that help you when in need not those that you play football with or people that are a good laugh,

Yeah, I completely get you. It's just been such a bad day tbh... Not trying to be depressing or anything but the reason why I didn't reply ASAP was because I have kind of spent the evening crying... lol. I used to have trust in quite a lot of people, but now (due to everything that has happened-being stabbed in the back so many times) I only trust about 2 close friends, who I hardly see - but know that they have my back. I used to hate being on my own, but over the last two years I have learned to love and appreciate it. So, it won't be awkward to be at school on my own, I will just focus directly on my GCSEs now. 'Lone wolf' sounds quite poetic, it's good that you have people who you can trust though. He sounds a bit like my English teacher - one who does like to joke about people in the class!😂

Aww..it's fine Hannah...I've never had any friends tbh..I've only ever had acquaintances...besides think on the bright side...they don't deserve you...you'll get better friends once you're in uni...
    Well done for your chemistry though...so proud of u...☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks lala! Yeah, friendships are pretty hard work. Tbh I am probably just going to give up and not care anymore. If the girl apologises then of course I will forgive her. But I doubt that I will go back to being 'friends' with her. Aha, yeah but there are about 120 girls in the year and I haven't developed or got close friendship with any of them, it kinda makes me question whether or not there is something wrong with me! Thanks, I hope all of your GCSEs have gone really well!

Don't stress about it..they're just jealous of how smart u r...don't let them get to u..just ignore them...they don't deserve you...
    How long are you gonna be in this school for...I'm guessing a year or r u staying there for sixth form as well..?

💝Life's too short💝
    Aha, I wish - the majority of them are smarter than me tbh! I think they are quite intimidated due to how alternative I am and how I have never followed the crowd. Apparently according to many adults, I am quite mature for my age. Which I doubt. Well, I have the rest of year ten and then year eleven - but then I'm just gonna get the hell out of there! I am going to a sixth form college. Now, I think I will just focus on my GCSEs, forget about 'fake friendships' and make sure that I perform well and achieve high grades. Tbh, the whole situation has actually given me more time to focus on work.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Oh yeah I forgot to mention I kind of made up a case study for urbanisation hadn't learnt Dharavi (which we did in class) or Curitiba (revision guide) at all so I winged Dharavi and waffled for a bit about destroying slums to build commercial buildings best part is I wasn't completely wrong either

Yeah the wording was terrible! But I'm sooo glad it's all over now
    Oh well they'll never know

Me too - now for the rest of them

It's ok Zoe. Well done 👏👏👏👏 I really hope you get what you deserve because you deserve a lot. I know this is a bit awkward but I was kind of missing your updates.

Aw thank you - and that's not weird, it's really surprising, I never thought anyone really fusses about these updates - it's pleasing to know they do
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 08/06/16
    • Maths past paper
    • Chemistry past paper
    • German vocab (from this morning)

Good luck to everyone doing Maths tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I am yet to revise for one exam. I have screwed it all up, was expected all A stars and now ill be getting A's and B's, well behind the other "smartest kids" in our school. Results day is going to be embarrassing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macauley Ware)
    I am yet to revise for one exam. I have screwed it all up, was expected all A stars and now ill be getting A's and B's, well behind the other "smartest kids" in our school. Results day is going to be embarrassing
    you have probably done so much better than you think you have!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was just like you at GCSEs and my friends always asked me how I got all A*'s and my reply was so similar. I said I want to get the highest mark and not the highest grade
    Unfortunately I didn't get the highest marks for all of them but did get 11/11 A*'s.
    I'm in year 12 atm and I do
    Biology, Chemistry, Physics and A2 Maths (early entry for AS Maths and got full marks for C1 and C2 but barely scrapped an A in D1. I had completed GCSE mathematics in november of year 10. It was modular back then). Good luck hope you get the marks you want and not just the grades!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 08/06/16
    • Maths past paper
    • Chemistry past paper
    • German vocab (from this morning)
    Good luck to everyone doing Maths tomorrow
    Well done
    How did your exams go ?
    Thank you, you too. I'm not revising much for Maths - mainly doing Psychology. Maths is my strong point and I've already got an A* but I'm aiming for another one. Although on my results day paper it would still say Maths - A*. So psychology was my main priority today - 20 case studies to remember + notes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.