Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    In my test I have excluded all the optimists! I focused specifically on the pessimists and the questionnaire helped me determine them
    Ah..I see...😌

💝Life's too short💝

ReputationRep:
    why dont you try learn about something more cultural or useful instead of all the meaningless syllabus facts, you've already go the best grades possible? It will make you a more interesting person, right now you are a mindless product of the system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    8/06/2016 - Evening update

Haven't done much today, kinda chilling because it's only maths tomorrow thought I'd better get ahead for biology on Friday though.

-"best guess" maths paper - 88% (so disappointing but it was an absolutely appalling paper - so badly put together and no A/A* topics only easier ones which is where I lose all my marks due to silly mistakes )
    -biology b4 notes finished

I'll have more time tomorrow so should be able to get more done. I'm in a foul mood currently and I don't know why. Hm.
    Well done today! I'm also chilling for maths, actually, is the only subject I'm really confident in.

ReputationRep:
    Out of these pessimists, those who thought did well got actually worse results!
    Lol. I wouldn't consider myself to be a pessimist but I would consider myself to be a person that gets stressed a lot. Having depression and anxiety doesn't help much.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala*15)
    Ah..I see...😌

💝Life's too short💝

Yeah don't worry haha. It was more of a "fun" experiment but the results were nonetheless very intriguing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Lol. I wouldn't consider myself to be a pessimist but I would consider myself to be a person that gets stressed a lot. Having depression and anxiety doesn't help much.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
    Quite a few people who turned out to be pessimists believed they were rather neutral. The questions went through a computer and analysed them, giving me the results. I then waited for test results and used graphs etc - it was super fun to do!

ReputationRep:
    Update 08/06/2016

Today I mainly revised maths and science. I'm so confident for maths that I'm scared that I might mess up.

- Maths past paper 94/100 A*
    - Maths predicted past paper - 90/100 A*
    - Briefly looked at some topics for maths
    - B4 revision

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few people who turned out to be pessimists believed they were rather neutral. The questions went through a computer and analysed them, giving me the results. I then waited for test results and used graphs etc - it was super fun to do!
    Yh..it sounds like fun..😀

💝Life's too short💝

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Update 08/06/2016

Today I mainly revised maths and science. I'm so confident for maths that I'm scared that I might mess up.

- B4 revision
    👏👏👏well done...

💝Life's too short💝

ReputationRep:
    Update 08/06/2016

- B4 revision
    Well done Sahra 👏👏👏

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vimtosplash)
    why dont you try learn about something more cultural or useful instead of all the meaningless syllabus facts, you've already go the best grades possible? It will make you a more interesting person, right now you are a mindless product of the system.
    Fair enough, but you have to get the good grades to be able to have the posistion to present your 'useful' information, being that influential people would only really listen to someone of greatness,

ReputationRep:
    yeah but you said you get a*s already, well done! you cant get any better than that, your fact recalling skills are impeccable. And will now be deemed very clever by society, so don't kill yourself over revision if you're already academically amazing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Thank you is that tomorrow? Good luck whenever it is
    No worries Yep it is. Thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    yeah but you said you get a*s already, well done! you cant get any better than that, your fact recalling skills are impeccable. And will now be deemed very clever by society, so don't kill yourself over revision if you're already academically amazing.
    Explain how am I mindless?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone...

💝Life's too short💝

ReputationRep:
    So guys. I don't really know what to say about the maths exam. I'm feeling a bit awkward. Like it went well but at the same time didn't. I answered every question and took my time. I gave it my absolute best and I guess that's what counts. How did you guys find it and where do you think the grade boundary for an A will be this year ? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    So guys. I don't really know what to say about the maths exam. I'm feeling a bit awkward. Like it went well but at the same time didn't. I answered every question and took my time. I gave it my absolute best and I guess that's what counts. How did you guys find it and where do you think the grade boundary for an A will be this year ? Thanks.

Don't worry! I'm sure you will get that A! In my opinion I found the paper really good but the questions were really wordy and usually, I get confused in wordy questions.

I think it will be, considering the first paper about 127 out of 200 as some did struggle and there were many wordy questions.

(Original post by lala*15)
    Good luck everyone...

💝Life's too short💝
    How did maths go?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry! I'm sure you will get that A! In my opinion I found the paper really good but the questions were really wordy and usually, I get confused in wordy questions.

I think it will be, considering the first paper about 127 out of 200 as some did struggle and there were many wordy questions.

How did maths go?
    Really,that's a bit of a relief. Thanks for the reassurance. I usually do as well but I found that it went well. I just don't know because Maths is my WEAKEST subject and I desperately want an A. God knows I worked hard.

ReputationRep:
    Really,that's a bit of a relief. Thanks for the reassurance. I usually do as well but I found that it went well. I just don't know because Maths is my WEAKEST subject and I desperately want an A. God knows I worked hard.

You worked hard so it will pay of! Funny thing is maths is my strongest subject. I'm like that with English as I never know if I did well.

ReputationRep:
    You worked hard so it will pay of! Funny thing is maths is my strongest subject. I'm like that with English as I never know if I did well.
    Thanks. I really hope it does. Wow. It's funny how all of my friends are strong in maths and I'm the only one that's strong in English out of the majority of the year ( Even though I'm in top set maths ) Lol.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.