The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

14/06/2016 - Evening update

Been INCREDIBLY busy today trying to get B7 done in time to start cramming for my chemistry exam tomorrow (didn't quite manage it but I got pretty close).

Today I have:
-Biology B7.2 notes finished (didn't manage to last night)
-Biology B7.3 notes started and finished
-Biology B7.4 notes started and finished (most boring topic I think I've ever had to endure 😩)
-Biology B7.5 notes started but not quite finished (it hit 3pm and I panicked as I hadn't started revising chemistry yet!!)
-Full review/cram of Chemistry C4.1, C4.2 and C4.3 (leaving me C4.4 to do in the morning)
-Full review/cram of Chemistry C5.1, C5.2 and C5.3 (leaving me C5.4 to do in the morning)
-Full review/cram of Chemistry C6.1 (leaving me C6.2 to start now and finish in the morning)

So I'd say I've had a pretty productive day! What about you guys? How was history, for those that did it? :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801

Been INCREDIBLY busy today trying to get B7 done in time to start cramming for my chemistry exam tomorrow (didn't quite manage it but I got pretty close).

Today I have:
-Biology B7.4 notes started and finished (most boring topic I think I've ever had to endure 😩)
-Biology B7.5 notes started but not quite finished (it hit 3pm and I panicked as I hadn't started revising chemistry yet!!)
-Full review/cram of Chemistry C4.1, C4.2 and C4.3 (leaving me C4.4 to do in the morning)
-Full review/cram of Chemistry C5.1, C5.2 and C5.3 (leaving me C5.4 to do in the morning)
-Full review/cram of Chemistry C6.1 (leaving me C6.2 to start now and finish in the morning)

So I'd say I've had a pretty productive day! What about you guys? How was history, for those that did it? :smile:

Well done Niamh 👏👏👏👏 I can give you some tips on how to conduct an all night long if you need to but I don't think you do 😏😏😏. Lol.

History was lemon de squeezy. Lol. I think I'll definitely get an A* in this unit. Maybe even 100UMS but definitely something very close.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Today I have:

Good luck with tomorrow by the way.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Well done Niamh 👏👏👏👏 I can give you some tips on how to conduct an all night long if you need to but I don't think you do 😏😏😏. Lol.

History was lemon de squeezy. Lol. I think I'll definitely get an A* in this unit. Maybe even 100UMS but definitely something very close.

Haha, I don't think I need to as the exam is in the afternoon, and tbh I wouldn't want to risk falling asleep like an hour before I have to leave!

That's good, well done! I'm sure you'll get your A* :smile:

Good luck with tomorrow by the way.

Thank you :h:
Original post by sahra30013
Oh, Hannah! I can't imagine how it must have felt! Im really sorry!

I think I know what you mean and your thoughts so i will try to console you. Firstly, i want you to go to your nearest mirror and look at yourself. What do you see? I want you to say this in front of the mirror: 'I'm worth it' , ' I will pursue my dreams of going to Oxford and I will not let anyone affect my chances'

I want you to know that you have gone through hard obstacles in your life. What do you learn from it? You learn that you are strong. Honestly, I admire you for this and I see you as a strong person due to this. People don't care anymore, who cares? They all just jealous and want you not to be successful. Don't let them get the satisfaction. Walk proudly with a smile! I know you can overcome this!

By the way, you are an amazing writer! Perhaps you should transfer your feelings into a book and the like to express yourself? This might help you deal with the situation.

I know I'm not the best of people when it comes to consoling but I hope it had helped you. Like Naruto says, ' I never run'. ( okay I just had to put that there):biggrin:

Thanks Sahra, I will try that. I haven't got much self confidence though :frown:. Thank-you, sometimes I feel extremely weak though - by going home and spending the evening crying. I do try and hold my head up high, but sometimes it gets too much if you know what I mean.

Yes, I would definitely write a book. But my English teacher really gets me down and makes me think that I am awful at the subject. Apparently I try and be 'too intellectual' and have to learn to write 'simpler.' Honestly, that teacher alone has really affected my mental health. I get scared to go into lessons and frightened in terms of my coursework.

Today I have:

Omg...well done...you've done sooo much..👏👏👏👍👍👍
History went awesome for me...good luck for tomorrow...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg, I am sorry but I have to mention this. If I am going on to much about 'me,' please just say something, I apologise. I was the ONLY person in my biology set to not receive a certificate from the biology award challenge. So my teacher went 'oh, so everyone but Hannah managed to achieve something.' Honestly, I feel incapable of being able to do anything. My English teacher hates me, so does my biology teacher and everyone else. :frown: I honestly can't do anything and it makes me feel awful. Why can't I be better?

Can u give me tips on all nighters...I haven't done much today...and with four exams tomorrow,,,I am more than likely to fail...😪😪😪

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mypetpikachu
Omg...well done...you've done sooo much..👏👏👏👍👍👍
History went awesome for me...good luck for tomorrow...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you haha, makes a change from my normal rate of work at least :tongue:
That's really good to hear! Thank you and good luck to you too :h:
Original post by ?Hannah
Omg, I am sorry but I have to mention this. If I am going on to much about 'me,' please just say something, I apologise. I was the ONLY person in my biology set to not receive a certificate from the biology award challenge. So my teacher went 'oh, so everyone but Hannah managed to achieve something.' Honestly, I feel incapable of being able to do anything. My English teacher hates me, so does my biology teacher and everyone else. :frown: I honestly can't do anything and it makes me feel awful. Why can't I be better?

Your fine the way u are....Honestly..don't change yourself for others,,,we love u the way you are...and who cares if ur bio or English teacher doesn't like u...your not gonna know them for long anyway....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you haha, makes a change from my normal rate of work at least :tongue:
That's really good to hear! Thank you and good luck to you too :h:

Thx...👍👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mypetpikachu
Can u give me tips on all nighters...I haven't done much today...and with four exams tomorrow,,,I am more than likely to fail...😪😪😪

Posted from TSR Mobile

So I basically revise till about 3 and then sleep for 2 hours and then revise till the exam but since her exam is in the afternoon she can just wake up early and do it. However, it's most effective if you slept during the day.

Haha, I don't think I need to as the exam is in the afternoon, and tbh I wouldn't want to risk falling asleep like an hour before I have to leave!

That's good, well done! I'm sure you'll get your A* :smile:

Thank you :h:

I get what you mean. I like rolling the dice so I guess my advice wouldn't work for everyone. Thank you. I'm sure you'll get yours to tomorrow.

So I basically revise till about 3 and then sleep for 2 hours and then revise till the exam but since her exam is in the afternoon she can just wake up early and do it. However, it's most effective if you slept during the day.

Lol..well that's not gonna work me cuz I didn't sleep during the day..I was a tad busy playing LBP...I'll just come home and cry after the exam tomorrow...😪😪..thx any ways..

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think i am going to leave this thing. i feel like i am being too negative and i don't want to inflict that on anyone else. i just want everyone to be happy, so i hope you all are happy! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ?Hannah

Ok firstly it's fine to talk about yourself, no one minds :smile:

Secondly, it's ok if you didn't receive anything, it doesn't make you any less capable than anyone else and it certainly doesn't make you inferior to them, ok?

Thirdly, that was a huge d*ck move from your teacher (excuse the language). They shouldn't have said it like that at all, as its really patronising when you haven't done anything wrong. It's not like it meant something, after all it was a "challenge" not a proper exam or anything so it literally shouldn't matter. Your teacher's made a big deal out of it where there doesn't need to be one.

Also, you have proved to us all at this point that you are fully capable of whatever you put your mind to. Please, please don't let some stupid teacher or award thing make you think otherwise, because it's true. You're incredibly intelligent and have the capability to go very very far in life, so (as hard as it is) please don't let little things like this discourage you. I know you can do great things.

I'm pretty sure your teachers don't hate you, but even if that's how it appears, try not to let it affect you (again, I know it's hard). If it makes you feel any better, you'll always know that everyone here loves you so you've always got us if it feels like you've got no one else - please don't forget that.

Finally, you don't need to be better - you're perfect as you are! Maybe because in your school you're competing with some incredibly high achievers, which you are one of, it makes you feel less capable than everyone else, however, in the grand scheme of things you'll be competing with everyone your age across the entire country where you will outshine the vast vast majority of them! I mean just look at us guys, even though we're all predicted really good grades by August, your position currently is miles further ahead that mine was this time last year, and by the time you finish school I can almost guarantee that you will get some of the best grades in the country. So please don't get discouraged by the little things, as if you look at the big picture, your future is so incredibly bright! :smile:
Original post by ?Hannah
i think i am going to leave this thing. i feel like i am being too negative and i don't want to inflict that on anyone else. i just want everyone to be happy, so i hope you all are happy! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo....plz stay...ur not making me feel negative...or anybody else...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok firstly it's fine to talk about yourself, no one minds :smile:

Secondly, it's ok if you didn't receive anything, it doesn't make you any less capable than anyone else and it certainly doesn't make you inferior to them, ok?

Thirdly, that was a huge d*ck move from your teacher (excuse the language). They shouldn't have said it like that at all, as its really patronising when you haven't done anything wrong. It's not like it meant something, after all it was a "challenge" not a proper exam or anything so it literally shouldn't matter. Your teacher's made a big deal out of it where there doesn't need to be one.

Also, you have proved to us all at this point that you are fully capable of whatever you put your mind to. Please, please don't let some stupid teacher or award thing make you think otherwise, because it's true. You're incredibly intelligent and have the capability to go very very far in life, so (as hard as it is) please don't let little things like this discourage you. I know you can do great things.

I'm pretty sure your teachers don't hate you, but even if that's how it appears, try not to let it affect you (again, I know it's hard). If it makes you feel any better, you'll always know that everyone here loves you so you've always got us if it feels like you've got no one else - please don't forget that.

Finally, you don't need to be better - you're perfect as you are! Maybe because in your school you're competing with some incredibly high achievers, which you are one of, it makes you feel less capable than everyone else, however, in the grand scheme of things you'll be competing with everyone your age across the entire country where you will outshine the vast vast majority of them! I mean just look at us guys, even though we're all predicted really good grades by August, your position currently is miles further ahead that mine was this time last year, and by the time you finish school I can almost guarantee that you will get some of the best grades in the country. So please don't get discouraged by the little things, as if you look at the big picture, your future is so incredibly bright! :smile:

Totally agree...(im just gonna agree with everybody else's consolidations..cuz I suck at consoling people...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Today I have:

WOW! Well done! I'm sure your hard work will pay of tommorow!:smile:
And history was wonderful! Everything I knew came up!

Original post by ?Hannah
Thanks Sahra, I will try that. I haven't got much self confidence though :frown:. Thank-you, sometimes I feel extremely weak though - by going home and spending the evening crying. I do try and hold my head up high, but sometimes it gets too much if you know what I mean.

Yes, I would definitely write a book. But my English teacher really gets me down and makes me think that I am awful at the subject. Apparently I try and be 'too intellectual' and have to learn to write 'simpler.' Honestly, that teacher alone has really affected my mental health. I get scared to go into lessons and frightened in terms of my coursework.

I know you can pull it through! And I completely get you about the teacher thing- for me, it was my old maths teacher before I moved up. Don't let that teacher get you down! I believe in English you're supposed to write to show or not simple right? Forget what that teacher said and do it however you like! :smile:
Original post by sahra30013
WOW! Well done! I'm sure your hard work will pay of tommorow!:smile:
And history was wonderful! Everything I knew came up!

Thank you and I hope so!! :h:
And that's amazing to hear - I love it when that happens! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending