Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starstudent7)
    Haha really?
    Yeah...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Yeah...
    Don't worry, my luck will work for you If you don't mind, what are you predicted?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, my luck will work for you If you don't mind, what are you predicted?
    I don't know lol. From my last report it was: 1 A*^, 2 A*s, 4 As, 2 Bs, 1 C and 1 D. That was based on my mocks - I revised 1 day before my mocks lol and got that, surprised... I'm quite clever I guess.

For the real exams I got addicted to a game a few days before and then was just lazy when I stopped playing it - revised either 2 hours or so or no revision before each exam, so it wen't way worse ffs...

Real exams: 2 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs (Chemistry and Computing), 4 Cs, 1 D/E.
    So yeah: lost out on 1 A*^, 2 As and got 3 extra Cs overall....

Huge point score drop from 6.63 to 6. Well...
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    I've just finished my exams today and I feel like i still have to revise for something. Is this just me being stupid or is this with everyone else ? Lol
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    I keep on feeling guilty I'm not revising even THOUGH ITS THE HOLIDAYS!!
    I feel exactly the same way So I think I might start revising again today if I feel like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I feel exactly the same way So I think I might start revising again today if I feel like it
    Oooo what are you revising? For a level or?? Because i definately want to start as with understanding and know quite a few things already as tge first few weeks might be taken up wih making new friends.. And anyway i love all the subjects i picked and want to start! So how are you starting to revise??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What you gonna revise ?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You only finished exams a week ago and you're already starting revision again? That's insane - I don't think I'll touch a book or specification until at least late August!

ReputationRep:
    A-level stuff?? You seem really determined!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know lol. From my last report it was: 1 A*^, 2 A*s, 4 As, 2 Bs, 1 C and 1 D. That was based on my mocks - I revised 1 day before my mocks lol and got that, surprised... I'm quite clever I guess.

For the real exams I got addicted to a game a few days before and then was just lazy when I stopped playing it - revised either 2 hours or so or no revision before each exam, so it wen't way worse ffs...

Real exams: 2 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs (Chemistry and Computing), 4 Cs, 1 D/E.
    So yeah: lost out on 1 A*^, 2 As and got 3 extra Cs overall....

Huge point score drop from 6.63 to 6. Well...
    Wow that is so good for someone that revises the day before I hope that D/E turns into A*/A for you

ReputationRep:
    Wow that is so good for someone that revises the day before I hope that D/E turns into A*/A for you
    Lol that might turn into an F... I never worked for that subject, ever.

ReputationRep:
    Lol that might turn into an F... I never worked for that subject, ever.
    What subject is it?

ReputationRep:
    What subject is it?
    Graphics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veganavb)
    Oooo what are you revising? For a level or?? Because i definately want to start as with understanding and know quite a few things already as tge first few weeks might be taken up wih making new friends.. And anyway i love all the subjects i picked and want to start! So how are you starting to revise??
    Yeah probably as/a level stuff - I might do little bits every now and again - the more I know the better

I'm probably going to find topics and read up on them as much as possible - what about you?

What you gonna revise ?
    Probably as/a level stuff or just anything I can. I might try learning something new too, but I will keep you updated about that if I do

(Original post by NiamhM1801)
    You only finished exams a week ago and you're already starting revision again? That's insane - I don't think I'll touch a book or specification until at least late August!
    I'm bored already lol (well, not completely bored) but I might just have some revision on stand-by for when I am really bored

(Original post by SmallTown)
    A-level stuff?? You seem really determined!
    Yeah more than likely - thanks. I still have 11 weeks of holiday left from today

ReputationRep:
    Yeah probably as/a level stuff - I might do little bits every now and again - the more I know the better

I'm probably going to find topics and read up on them as much as possible - what about you?

Probably as/a level stuff or just anything I can. I might try learning something new too, but I will keep you updated about that if I do

I'm bored already lol (well, not completely bored) but I might just have some revision on stand-by for when I am really bored

Yeah more than likely - thanks. I still have 11 weeks of holiday left from today
    AS-level stuff, not A-level XD. Depends what you mean by A-level haha.
    Good luck. Just have a break and revise like in the last 3 weeks. It's your choice, if you are that desperate - try to revise 1 hour each day. I do that lol - sometimes I don't. But, I play 8 hours of games a day too, . Cutting down to 3 hours by next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Oh i see Yes please do Yeh same here i think i might do a bit when i have free time I've done a bit of maths You ?

ReputationRep:

You'd probably wrote this in your other posts if I missed it, but what A-levels are you going to do? Same, I have roughly 11 weeks as well but ngl I have no idea what to do! So I'm probably going to wait till school starts again but for now just buy revision guides, search for online resources, maybe flick through the spec about the stuff based around GCSE and get that sorted out first and then get down to the hard stuff first week back or if I finish early get started on it. LOL, not a good plan. But please do Keep us updated !!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    AS-level stuff, not A-level XD. Depends what you mean by A-level haha.
    Good luck. Just have a break and revise like in the last 3 weeks. It's your choice, if you are that desperate - try to revise 1 hour each day. I do that lol - sometimes I don't. But, I play 8 hours of games a day too, . Cutting down to 3 hours by next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I know what you mean. I am probably just going to see what kind of mood I am in a and what the weather is doing too -becuase if it is nice I will go out but if it is pouring down I'll probably stay in and do some studying or something like that I wish I had such an interest in gaming - 8 hours is immense, but at least you enjoy it

Oh i see Yes please do Yeh same here i think i might do a bit when i have free time I've done a bit of maths You ?

Ok I will - and I have a physics revision guide so I am going to start working my way through that

(Original post by SmallTown)
    You'd probably wrote this in your other posts if I missed it, but what A-levels are you going to do? Same, I have roughly 11 weeks as well but ngl I have no idea what to do! So I'm probably going to wait till school starts again but for now just buy revision guides, search for online resources, maybe flick through the spec about the stuff based around GCSE and get that sorted out first and then get down to the hard stuff first week back or if I finish early get started on it. LOL, not a good plan. But please do Keep us updated !!
    (I have it on the first page but it doesn't matter ) I am thinking of doing Maths, FM, Geology, Chemistry and Physics

Most of my friends only have 10 left from this week, but I seem to have an extra one And yeah that seems to be what I am going to do, just so I have a feeling for what content we are going to cover.

I will try to keep you guys updated and you should all do the same
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean. I am probably just going to see what kind of mood I am in a and what the weather is doing too -becuase if it is nice I will go out but if it is pouring down I'll probably stay in and do some studying or something like that I wish I had such an interest in gaming - 8 hours is immense, but at least you enjoy it

Ok I will - and I have a physics revision guide so I am going to start working my way through that

(I have it on the first page but it doesn't matter ) I am thinking of doing Maths, FM, Geology, Chemistry and Physics

Most of my friends only have 10 left from this week, but I seem to have an extra one And yeah that seems to be what I am going to do, just so I have a feeling for what content we are going to cover.

I will try to keep you guys updated and you should all do the same
    Your so determined Oh ok i haven't yet bought any revision guides because there is a new spec and the books haven't yet been published but i might look at the spec
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Your so determined Oh ok i haven't yet bought any revision guides because there is a new spec and the books haven't yet been published but i might look at the spec
    Ah yeah I didn't realise it was for the old spec, but it's knowledge so it will do Hopefully it will carry through into the new spec so I will still have an understanding of most parts
    I've already printed the spec so I can go through it and look up topics
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah I didn't realise it was for the old spec, but it's knowledge so it will do Hopefully it will carry through into the new spec so I will still have an understanding of most parts
    I've already printed the spec so I can go through it and look up topics
    Oh ok yeh i understand I've literally got no time to even to work atm so maybe at the end of August i will Anyways,keep me updated with everything you do

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.