Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hahaha I know those people who are crazy and being fools need to sort out , well it is their lives it is literally up to them How many hours are you planning to do? What do you want to get in your gcse's?
    I'm aiming for 9 A stars. My teachers tell me that I can achieve it if I try because I've been coasting since I've started my GCSEs and I've been getting As and Bs and some A stars.

I can fluke English Language, English Literature, Business, Drama, French and History. I'll get A stars in those.

I just need to revise for Maths, Biology and Physics.

But I'm going to revise for everything in the coming holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    I'm aiming for 9 A stars. My teachers tell me that I can achieve it if I try because I've been coasting since I've started my GCSEs and I've been getting As and Bs and some A stars.

I can fluke English Language, English Literature, Business, Drama, French and History. I'll get A stars in those.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool you got a lot of work to do i guess How do you revise for Sciences Any revision methods ?

ReputationRep:
    Cool you got a lot of work to do i guess How do you revise for Sciences Any revision methods ?
    I use the cgp books and go over every single past paper. They can't really ask you a trick question if you know the content. It's just their style of questions and wording that catches people. At least this is what I'm going to do during the holidays. I usually just flick through the book at 6 am when my mock is at 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I still got an A in both sciences last time. I guess the past papers will push it to an A star.🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I still got an A in both sciences last time. I guess the past papers will push it to an A star.🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oooh Ok would you revise the topics then do the papers or..?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha ai want high grades so i need to organise myself
    Wow your gonna do loads Well done
    And yep so does my school but i dont want to go i feel like i will get a more done at home because too much distraction at school
    Hopefully I will get loads done, yes

And yeah I know how you feel, there are just some people who don't want to learn and it ruins it for the rest of us
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I use the cgp books and go over every single past paper. They can't really ask you a trick question if you know the content. It's just their style of questions and wording that catches people. At least this is what I'm going to do during the holidays. I usually just flick through the book at 6 am when my mock is at 8

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you not make flash cards or write notes?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    7 hours. I plan on doing way more and that to for 2 weeks. I do agree with you. I can't focus in school much. No one can at the moment. Too many idiots doing funny things because they know that they're going to flop their exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    7 hours is just a minimum average - plus it is not about the hours but how effectively your time is used. And yep, school seems to be full of people who don't want to learn and feel like they can wing everything when that is not the reality.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Hopefully I will get loads done, yes

And yeah I know how you feel, there are just some people who don't want to learn and it ruins it for the rest of us
    Yup totally right I hate those people i mean if they don't want to revise then they could let us study -.- really pisses me off but obviously i dont want to cause fights or anything like that so it is better if i leave it
    Going to a mixed school makes it worse
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RugbySid)
    Are you doing aqa a geog. If so what topics

Yes I do. Our human topics are: Tourism, Development and Population. Our Physical topics are: Restless Earth, Water on Land and Coastal Zone

ReputationRep:
    Do you not make flash cards or write notes?
    The cgp books are as condensed as it gets. I don't feel the need to make flash cards. Yes, I do the content and then the past papers and then go over what I need to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done and good luck for your exams - how do you manage your time at the moment for revision (as in, before the holidays approach)?

And is 'fluking' exams the best idea? Wouldn't it be better to have a sound understanding of everything so you can apply the knowledge to various istuations, rather than just wait and see?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    The cgp books are as condensed as it gets. I don't feel the need to make flash cards. Yes, I do the content and then the past papers and then go over what I need to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool you must be clever do you do this for everything?
    I mean i used to do this too
    and i realised that i had to write notes and memorise stuff so i started writing notes and saying stuff out loud which really does help I am sure you will get your A*

ReputationRep:
    Cool you must be clever do you do this for everything?
    I mean i used to do this too
    and i realised that i had to write notes and memorise stuff so i started writing notes and saying stuff out loud which really does help I am sure you will get your A*
    Aww. Thanks man. Hopefully, I will get my A star. My teachers have nicknamed me as 'Maverick' because of my coasting and laid back approach.You know the one from TopGun.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't do it for everything. I only do it for the sciences and business.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 19/03/16
    Today has been quite eventful (unfortunately not for revision though)

Not only did I finish the 12 week engineering club but I got a certificate and portfolio work to take home and show at interviews

I also managed to type up notes on:
    • Fertilisers
    • Fuels for cards
    • Preparing Fertilisers
    • Electrical power

Tomorrow - I am DEFINITELY doing past papers
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Well done and good luck for your exams - how do you manage your time at the moment for revision (as in, before the holidays approach)?

And is 'fluking' exams the best idea? Wouldn't it be better to have a sound understanding of everything so you can apply the knowledge to various istuations, rather than just wait and see?
    That is true about the fluking thing I mean maybe he is really like immensly clever or good at those subjects but why not just revise
    For example : I recently did a Maths Exam got an A* and was my real exam for gcse but we are doing another one in June and I felt like i didnt need to revise until someone told me that i can get a better grade and the more good grades you get the better

sorry for interrupting i just had to say Lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Aww. Thanks man. Hopefully, I will get my A star. My teachers have nicknamed me as 'Maverick' because of my coasting and laid back approach.You know the one from TopGun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol no but cool

ReputationRep:
    Those are ridiculous grades any tips on how to improve my maths, please.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 19/03/16
    Today has been quite eventful (unfortunately not for revision though)

Not only did I finish the 12 week engineering club but I got a certificate and portfolio work to take home and show at interviews

I also managed to type up notes on:
    • Fertilisers
    • Fuels for cards
    • Preparing Fertilisers
    • Electrical power
    Tomorrow - I am DEFINITELY doing past papers
    You've started doing past papers?? I haven't even started Well that is a lie i did some at school for biology and maths Lol .. leaving the past papers till Easter half term

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.