Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hey,
    how comes you didn't update yesterday?! Is something wrong?
    Oh yeah damn I forgot because I went to bed early
    I'll do it now
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 28/03/16
    Apologies for the late one

Again, I didn't do as much as I had hoped but anyways it's something:
    • I made 49 Q Cards on Geography topic Coasts including transportation, erosion, constructive waves, destructive waves and deposition

I also made more History notes for the test I have on my birthday (i.e tomorrow)
    • US Tactics
    • Low Morale/inexperience
    • Vietnam's neighbours
    • 'Hearts and minds'
    • My Lai
    • Strategies for leaving Vietnam
    • And learned more of my German, which I also happen to have a test for tomorrow - yay

• Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybird29)
    How do you guys make your revision timetables?
    Well it depends on how you work best. You could either plan out everything up until the exams or make checklists and plan out specifically what you will do each day by making a list the night before.

Decide which way you want to do it and I will try and help you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    yeah I completely agree - I do try to understand it rather than just memorise. the concepts which I have understood have stuck in my brain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    good, although there are always some things you just need to know (facts) that you will have to memorise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Well it depends on how you work best. You could either plan out everything up until the exams or make checklists and plan out specifically what you will do each day by making a list the night before.

Decide which way you want to do it and I will try and help you
    I'm currently doing by day. So everyday I plant to do 1 page of a maths work book and P3, B3 & C3 revision each day as I have a test after Easter. As well as either German or French revision each day as I have paragraphs to learn for my FINAL writing assessments after easter!! 🎉

I want to do English past question once or twice a week. And economics revision a few times a week. PRE (philosophy religion and ethics) past paper once a week and same with maths and French and German reading and listening papers.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing by day. So everyday I plant to do 1 page of a maths work book and P3, B3 & C3 revision each day as I have a test after Easter. As well as either German or French revision each day as I have paragraphs to learn for my FINAL writing assessments after easter!! 🎉

I want to do English past question once or twice a week. And economics revision a few times a week. PRE (philosophy religion and ethics) past paper once a week and same with maths and French and German reading and listening papers.
    Okay you want to do loads That's great

I'm also doing my final German writing (tomorrow) so I completely get what you mean.

I would suggest that you look at how much free time you have or print out a blank plan of your week and pencil in any arrangements/plans you have so you know they are taken up.

Then put in the stuff you mentioned above so you get it done and know if you have time. Plan your sessions so that they are a duration you can work with, such as 20 minutes (apart from the past papers ) and schedule breaks of 5-10 minutes and a few longer ones after a few sessions.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 28/03/16

• I made 49 Q Cards on Geography topic Coasts including transportation, erosion, constructive waves, destructive waves and deposition
    I also made more History notes for the test I have on my birthday (i.e tomorrow)
    • US Tactics
    • Vietnam's neighbours
    • 'Hearts and minds'
    • My Lai
    • And learned more of my German, which I also happen to have a test for tomorrow - yay
    You did a lot 49 cards wow
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    You did a lot 49 cards wow
    Haha thank you - still not enough and I'm gutted I have school tomorrow

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Haha thank you - still not enough and I'm gutted I have school tomorrow

Aw lol i don't have school until the 10th so i can do a lot of revision Yayy Not
    Today I haven't done much revision because i was out from 11.00 till 14.30 so it's time for me to do some revision now. Plus I am doing English Language so all i have to do is past papers and learn new vocabulary. What are you doing , in terms of revision ?!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Do you do AQA for science?

ReputationRep:
    Excellent work young apprentices.

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 28/03/16

• US Tactics
    • Vietnam's neighbours
    • 'Hearts and minds'
    • My Lai
    I made the EXACT SAME notes in history as you did, also yesterday. This is weird O.o

ReputationRep:
    Some crazy grades man - well done!
    But, how do you get such high marks in science lol
    I'm doing the exact same but I can barely scrape an A* if lucky...
    Physics is my strongest - I usually get A*s all the time, usually strong A*s.
    But, other than that it's tough for me .
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trump POTUS)
    Excellent work young apprentices.
    Thank you lol x

ReputationRep:
    Do you do AQA for science?
    Yeah I do
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do
    How are you revising for your sciences? I do the exam board as you

ReputationRep:
    Okay you want to do loads That's great

I'm also doing my final German writing (tomorrow) so I completely get what you mean.

I would suggest that you look at how much free time you have or print out a blank plan of your week and pencil in any arrangements/plans you have so you know they are taken up.

Then put in the stuff you mentioned above so you get it done and know if you have time. Plan your sessions so that they are a duration you can work with, such as 20 minutes (apart from the past papers ) and schedule breaks of 5-10 minutes and a few longer ones after a few sessions.

Great advice thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    How are you revising for your sciences? I do the exam board as you
    Sciences probably my biggest weakness, working through practice questions in revision guide and looking up and learning what I don't know
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Sciences probably my biggest weakness, working through practice questions in revision guide and looking up and learning what I don't know
    Alright Have you looked at the specification?
    I have but there is some stuff that's not on the textbooks which annoys me because i've never learned it actually tell a lie We have learnt it but it's really vague

ReputationRep:
    Alright Have you looked at the specification?
    I have but there is some stuff that's not on the textbooks which annoys me because i've never learned it actually tell a lie We have learnt it but it's really vague
    Did you print out the spec ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.