Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Did you print out the spec ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no I didn’t I just looked through it on my IPad because there is literally more than 100 pages .Good to hear back from you and it feels like you didn’t update since Friday. How comes? Is something wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Oh no I didn’t I just looked through it on my IPad because there is literally more than 100 pages .Good to hear back from you and it feels like you didn’t update since Friday. How comes? Is something wrong?
    Oh no. I just keep on forgetting. I'll update you guys tonight. I'm covering content this week and then next week I'll do all of the past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Aw lol i don't have school until the 10th so i can do a lot of revision Yayy Not
    Today I haven't done much revision because i was out from 11.00 till 14.30 so it's time for me to do some revision now. Plus I am doing English Language so all i have to do is past papers and learn new vocabulary. What are you doing , in terms of revision ?!
    You'd better get to it then - only kidding, you've got plenty of time and make sure you enjoy your hols
    At the moment I'm trying to memorise my German and do more history because I have tests in both tomorrow

(Original post by Trump POTUS)
    Excellent work young apprentices.
    haha thanks - any advice?

(Original post by Mac117)
    I made the EXACT SAME notes in history as you did, also yesterday. This is weird O.o
    That is weird!! I've done some more of them again today because of the test I have tomorrow - how is revision going for you overall?

(Original post by Chittesh14)
    Some crazy grades man - well done!
    But, how do you get such high marks in science lol
    I'm doing the exact same but I can barely scrape an A* if lucky...
    Physics is my strongest - I usually get A*s all the time, usually strong A*s.
    But, other than that it's tough for me .
    Thank you! I LOVE science. Which exam board do you do and what do you think you struggle with the most? I'll try to help you where I can

ReputationRep:
    What board are you guys doing for HISTORY ? Edexcel ? British society is the one you don't need to revise on much. Isn't it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What board are you guys doing for HISTORY ? Edexcel ? British society is the one you don't need to revise on much. Isn't it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to scrape but I do Edexcel
    I find the transformation of British society hardest; originally thought I wouldn't have to revise as it's the source paper but you still need your own knowledge to back up you answers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    Sorry to scrape but I do Edexcel
    I find the transformation of British society hardest; originally thought I wouldn't have to revise as it's the source paper but you still need your own knowledge to back up you answers :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand that but what kind of background knowledge would you recommend. I wouldn't need to know as much as unit 1 would I ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do OCR and I'd probably say as long as you have a basic knowledge of when things were introduced you should be ok - but the more you know the better

ReputationRep:
    Alright Have you looked at the specification?
    I have but there is some stuff that's not on the textbooks which annoys me because i've never learned it actually tell a lie We have learnt it but it's really vague
    Yeah looked at spec a while ago

ReputationRep:
    I understand that but what kind of background knowledge would you recommend. I wouldn't need to know as much as unit 1 would I ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not as much but you need to have a basic understanding of the topic and maybe some contextual knowledge that can help you answer the question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. I just keep on forgetting. I'll update you guys tonight. I'm covering content this week and then next week I'll do all of the past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol ok
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybird29)
    Yeah looked at spec a while ago
    What do you think of it ? lol

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of it ? lol
    can't remember much lol but it was very long and had stuff im sure i never learnt in detail that was needed
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybird29)
    can't remember much lol but it was very long and had stuff im sure i never learnt in detail that was needed
    Lol Yup i would strongly with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Thank you! I LOVE science. Which exam board do you do and what do you think you struggle with the most? I'll try to help you where I can
    I was meant to say exact same exam board lol.
    OCR Gateway B as well.
    I've started revising for my GCSEs basically today -_-...
    I just find every module boring and hard.

ReputationRep:
    how was everyone's Easter weekend? mine was good, but didn't get much done work wise - only managed to read a law book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    I was meant to say exact same exam board lol.
    OCR Gateway B as well.
    I've started revising for my GCSEs basically today -_-...
    I just find every module boring and hard.
    Ah thought so but I wasn't sure

I have school tomorrow but I am revising too - and have you tried making diagrams or mindmaps to make it a bit more intersting?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    idk if this would be that much help. i do edexcel history - I have done nazi Germany and relations between USA and USSR so far (Cold War.) Whenever I do a history essay I search the subject online to see if I can find any extra information which I can add to the points which I plan to use already in my notes. then when I revise I will learn the extra information which I have included.

we do a practice essay for every subject in the unit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I have school tomorrow but I am revising too - and have you tried making diagrams or mindmaps to make it a bit more intersting?
    woah, how come you haven't broken up already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    woah, how come you haven't broken up already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I break up in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:

I find those even more boring.
    It's just the content - I find it a bit hard.
    Do you have any notes or something that you can share :O

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.