Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    how was everyone's Easter weekend? mine was good, but didn't get much done work wise - only managed to read a law book.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, my Easter weekend is just revising then going McDonaldthen back home doing more work. Oh and eating chocolates
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Update 28/03/16
    Today I didn’t get time to revise because I was out most of the time but I tried to crack on with revision.
    Past Paper: English Language

1. November2012 – 30/40 – Grade A
    2. November2013 – 30/40 – Grade A
    3. November2014 – 30/40 – Grade A
    4. Summer2015 – 32/40 – Grade A

Today, I was revising English Language and I don’t really know how to revise so I only did past papers. If you guys have any suggestions or advice please tell me,especially on how to improve my writing skills e.g. new vocab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    You'd better get to it then - only kidding, you've got plenty of time and make sure you enjoy your hols
    At the moment I'm trying to memorise my German and do more history because I have tests in both tomorrow

haha thanks - any advice?

That is weird!! I've done some more of them again today because of the test I have tomorrow - how is revision going for you overall?

Thank you! I LOVE science. Which exam board do you do and what do you think you struggle with the most? I'll try to help you where I can
    My revision isn't going very well since I had a breakdown a few days ago. My predictions were very high though so I hope I'll be fine for the exams.

How about you?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    I find those even more boring.
    It's just the content - I find it a bit hard.
    Do you have any notes or something that you can share :O
    Yeah sure I do - I'll post them tomorrow if I get time (and ain't partying cos it's my birthday )

I will try to get them to you as soon as possible
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    My revision isn't going very well since I had a breakdown a few days ago. My predictions were very high though so I hope I'll be fine for the exams.

How about you?
    Aw I'm sorry to hear that - are you ok now though?

If there is anything I can do to help you reach your predictions just let me know.

And for me, my eczema is playing up so I spend more time scratching than doing anything else

Let's help each other along - I wish you the best with everything
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 28/03/16
    So today I have done:
    • C4-6 Chemistry past paper
    • Biology B6 past paper questions
    • English Past paper extract question
    • Made a CV
    • Geography homework - research on Montserrat and Pakistan Flood

History notes on:
    Tet Offensive
    Civil rights campaigners
    Media coverage
    Students
    VC tactics
    President Johnson
    Early stages
    Later stages
    Lessons of Vietnam

ReputationRep:
    Aw I'm sorry to hear that - are you ok now though?

If there is anything I can do to help you reach your predictions just let me know.

And for me, my eczema is playing up so I spend more time scratching than doing anything else

Well I had a talk with a professional and now I'm on my way to get better. It was the pressure and feelings I bottled inside me for months which exploded instantly causing a lot of mess in my room :P

Sorry to hear that! I hope it'll get better soon

If you want feel free to PM me and we can talk more ^^ I can always help too, though I do have a different exam board (CIE).

ReputationRep:
    Ok. So, my teacher just emailed me today saying he's lost the recording of my last French speaking and I can't redo my old one so I now need to memorise a new one. Great. Therefore, I've only gone over physics notes and memorised my French.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 28/03/16
    So today I have done:
    • C4-6 Chemistry past paper
    • Biology B6 past paper questions
    • English Past paper extract question
    • Made a CV
    • Geography homework - research on Montserrat and Pakistan Flood

History notes on:
    Tet Offensive
    Civil rights campaigners
    Media coverage
    Students
    VC tactics
    President Johnson
    Early stages
    Later stages
    Lessons of Vietnam
    I've been using hegarty maths for maths revision. It's not my strongest subject. Do you have any tips on how to revise ?I plan on doing the past papers next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Ok. So, my teacher just emailed me today saying he's lost the recording of my last French speaking and I can't redo my old one so I now need to memorise a new one. Great. Therefore, I've only gone over physics notes and memorised my French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's rubbish, I'm going to ask my teacher today if I can do revision instead of the German writing I have today because I have already done 2. Well done on all the physics notes and memorisng though

(Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    I've been using hegarty maths for maths revision. It's not my strongest subject. Do you have any tips on how to revise ?I plan on doing the past papers next week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MyMaths and JustMaths are quite good also. For me I would just recommend past papers from the start they are the best way to spot weaknesses.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Happy Birthday! (I didn't forget!)

:birthday:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Hey, Happy Birthday! (I didn't forget!)

:birthday:
    Thank you very much!! (You are the first person to remember out of all my friends )

:giggle::hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword;[url="tel:63727031")
    63727031[/url]]Aw I'm sorry to hear that - are you ok now though?

Same here with eczema, a doctor told me it can play up when the season changes? that's when I'm bad, rest of the time I'm fine

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday! 🎉

Heading to the library today at opening time as I focus much better there. Going to walk there with my friend wo's going to a revision session at her school. Didn't get much done yesterday as had family over for Easter but learnt first German paragraph. Today I plan to quickly go over German paragraph and check I know it, learn first French paragraph, B3, C3, P3 and a bit of maths. If I have time I'll try to do an English past question as that was set as homework.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE :dunce:
    HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HOPE YOU ENJOY IT
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU X
    ( Take a day off from revising and give yourself a break , you deserve it )

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday Babe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go party hard! Take a day off ! Happy Birthday ^^

ReputationRep:
    happy birthday Zoe! xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday!

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.