Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    whats Zoë's username e
    Hey there you've told me that your in Year 9 and here is a thread about the new gcse's

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...s+%28year+9%29

• Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*/100% Man)
    How much revision have you all been doing per day?
    I do about 3/4 on a school night and 6 ish on a weekend, however, I want to cut down my hours from now on

(Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    i have decided to do all of my work this evening hahaha
    Probably a good idea - I prefer working at night

(Original post by grace143)
    Wait... your school hasn't broken up? That seems so strange to me as my school always finishes in time to have Good Friday and Easter weekend off school! How funny that the day I go back to school is your first day of holiday
    Yep it's really weird, it's the first time they have done this and it has completely messed me up!

(Original post by Bonnie 99)
    Hey! I really admire you!
    Do you think you could help me out?
    I'm currently predicted A* in everything, except I am currently getting As in English Lit and Lang. For english lang I do edexcel iGCSE, so we have an exam worth 60% I think, and it involves in section a, an unseen passage with 4 questions worth 20 marks total, 2 questions on and relating to a passage in our edexcel anthoogy (worth 20 marks total) and finally a 20 marker on just something like persuasion (our mock was on respect). I really struggle with the PEEL technique, any tips or websites you could help with?
    Secondly, for Literature I am doing Of Mice and Men and Romeo and Juliet, I struggle with analysing and are there any useful websites or tips you could give me?
    Thank you so much!!
    Thank you! And sure, I don't know if you have already read them but on pages 19-20 of this blog there are some tips for English that I use, it might be worth checking them out. Websites like Cliffnotes and Sparknotes are really useful, as well as youtube and Mr Bruff I think it is

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Haha Yep it is I've been doing coasts,tectonics,flooding and wastes which is the same as yours It's really difficult learning diagrams for coasts especially wave-cut platform and etc... Have you started doing past papers?
    I don't cover the same exam board but I do coasts, flooding and tectonics for my exam
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    I do about 3/4 on a school night and 6 ish on a weekend, however, I want to cut down my hours from now on

Probably a good idea - I prefer working at night

Yep it's really weird, it's the first time they have done this and it has completely messed me up!

Thank you! And sure, I don't know if you have already read them but on pages 19-20 of this blog there are some tips for English that I use, it might be worth checking them out. Websites like Cliffnotes and Sparknotes are really useful, as well as youtube and Mr Bruff I think it is

I don't cover the same exam board but I do coasts, flooding and tectonics for my exam
    Oh wow how do you find geography? Never actually realised that you did geography i thought you did history
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow how do you find geography? Never actually realised that you did geography i thought you did history
    I do both and I prefer the physical side rather than the human side, even though we haven't finished the course yet
    For tips on how I do Geography revision I made a post on page 20 I think.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I do both and I prefer the physical side rather than the human side, even though we haven't finished the course yet
    For tips on how I do Geography revision I made a post on page 20 I think.
    Oh ok oh wait i do remember you showed me those colourful pictures and diagrams and same so do i

ReputationRep:
    Hey there you've told me that your in Year 9 and here is a thread about the new gcse's

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...s+%28year+9%29

Spoiler:
    Show
    ohh thanks so much I will take a look at it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 03/04/16
    Today, I've done more than yesterday which is a good thing YAY I've revised Geography Unit 2 and i really don't enjoy it but it has to be done

1.Keywords on Coasts and I tested my self
    2. Learnt how to draw and annotate these diagrams off by heart : Wave-cut platform, Headlands and Bays , Long shore drift and Spit
    3.past paper questions on Coasts - 11/15
    4.Tectonic Plates past paper questions - 13/15
    5.River Landscape past paper questions - 13/15
    6.Managed to draw and annotate Divergent plate boundary off by heart
    7. Rivers - upper to lower course
    8. Arrange dates for Past papers

Hopefully, i get more done tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    today i had writers block so couldn't work on my coursework.
    instead i created and finished a detailed revision timetable for my end of year ten exams - this took me agesssss!
    i also read more of my law book

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 03/04/16
    Today, I've done more than yesterday which is a good thing YAY I've revised Geography Unit 2 and i really don't enjoy it but it has to be done

2. Learnt how to draw and annotate these diagrams off by heart : Wave-cut platform, Headlands and Bays , Long shore drift and Spit

instead i created and finished a detailed revision timetable for my end of year ten exams - this took me agesssss!
    Well done both of you, you get so much done It is very commendable

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 03/04/16

That sounds really productive! Well done you! & Good luck with the revision tomorrow
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 03/04/16
    So today I have:
    • Typed up more history notes on the Cold War - USA reaction and Greece, Czechoslovakia and so forth
    • Made more notes on the themes within Heroes - Heroism and Anti-heroism, as well as confronting evil
    • Drafted notes on using enzymes - lactose-free and immobilising enzymes
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 03/04/16
    So today I have:
    • Typed up more history notes on the Cold War - USA reaction and Greece, Czechoslovakia and so forth
    • Made more notes on the themes within Heroes - Heroism and Anti-heroism, as well as confronting evil
    • Drafted notes on using enzymes - lactose-free and immobilising enzymes
    Well done
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really productive! Well done you! & Good luck with the revision tomorrow
    Thank you and what did you do today? also good luck to you as well with the revision
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Well done both of you, you get so much done It is very commendable
    Aw Thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done Keep up the hard work

ReputationRep:
    literally struggling so much with my coursework right now -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw, what coursework are you doing? English?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Keep going! You'll be so glad when it's all done

ReputationRep:
    Keep going! You'll be so glad when it's all done
    Thank you, yeah I have tried to! So far I am a quarter way through what I need to do today :/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on how to stay focused? I'm actually quite motivated but I just keep getting distracted by literally EVERYTHING. I've barely done anything because I just haven't been able to concentrate for more than about 5 minutes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.