The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 05/04/16

Well it's a short update for today, but I'll make up for it in the Easter break for sure!!

Biology notes on Genetic engineering

History notes on Cold war

C4 revision

Biology notes on DNA fingerprinting

P6 revision - part mind map, incomplete

Well done :smile: you had a short update because of school and i'm sure you'll do really well for the easter break :biggrin: Even though you had school , you still did a lot :smile: x
I feel like my English literature has too many words in and it's awful and I can't cope and I can't do and I am an utter failure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done :smile: you had a short update because of school and i'm sure you'll do really well for the easter break :biggrin: Even though you had school , you still did a lot :smile: x

Thank you :smile:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
I feel like my English literature has too many words in and it's awful and I can't cope and I can't do and I am an utter failure

Hey now don't think like that - and your writing is excellent. If you really aren't sure about it read through it again in a few days and you might find where you think it needs tweaking :smile:
What notes did you make for english literature because im so lost and i dont kno what notes to male fore emglish literature i know about context and character analysis but is there anything else
Original post by sahra30013
So yesterday I managed to revise and make notes for history, science, English, maths, RS. I feel as if I have achieved something.
Kinda got distracted today and only managed to more notes on RS (^_^:wink:
Gotta start again tomorrow!
Original post by saba_09
What notes did you make for english literature because im so lost and i dont kno what notes to male fore emglish literature i know about context and character analysis but is there anything else

I know you didn't ask me but you could do with knowing what happens in each chapter and any tiny details about the setting or behaviour of characters :smile:
Thank you
I know you didn't ask me but you could do with knowing what happens in each chapter and any tiny details about the setting or behaviour of characters :smile:
what do you mean by characters behaviour
How they act in that specific scene
Original post by saba_09
Original post by saba_09

For English literature, I firstly find something called 'killer quotes'. These are quotes that cover up everything in book, theme or character. The most important thing is to know the story line and characters. In this way, it will be easier to write about the book in the exam.
What books are you studying for English literature and what exam board?
In my exam board, WJEC, you also need to learn the social, historical and cultural influences of the books so if you have to do know that, make sure you learn it as it will allow you to gain higher marks.

Hope this helps!:smile:
S
Original post by saba_09

So basically how are they at that time, like are they fidgeting, aggravating someone. It is particularly important if you are studying a play like An Inspector Calls :smile:
Oh ok thanks again
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
How they act in that specific scene
I'm doin ocr and im doin of mice of men, animal farm and a view from the bridge
For English literature, I firstly find something called 'killer quotes'. These are quotes that cover up everything in book, theme or character. The most important thing is to know the story line and characters. In this way, it will be easier to write about the book in the exam.
What books are you studying for English literature and what exam board?
In my exam board, WJEC, you also need to learn the social, historical and cultural influences of the books so if you have to do know that, make sure you learn it as it will allow you to gain higher marks.

Hope this helps!:smile:
Original post by saba_09
I'm doin ocr and im doin of mice of men, animal farm and a view from the bridge

I'm also doing a view from the bridge. What I do to revise this okay is that I firstly look at the stage directions given by Arthur Miller. For example, when Eddie, 'freezes' when he sees Rodolpho and Catherine dancing and also when Catherine 'flushed with revolt' when she asked Rodolpho to dance. The stage directions will help you understand more about the characters.

Also, learn the most important scenes such as when the Immigration bureau comes or when Eddie kisses Catherine and Rodolpho. Usually, most essay questions cover these scenes, one way or another.

Make sure you know how the characters change and develop and what they represent.
The most important quote in this play I think is 'now we settle for half' as it perfectly describes the characters and the themes.

Hopefully this is helpful :smile:
Hi, I need help with P3 revision OCR. I can't seem to understand terminal velocity, braking distance and circular motion.
Thanks
HEY guys,
How do you revise for English literature because i'm struggling :smile:
Thanks x
Hi, I need help with P3 revision OCR. I can't seem to understand terminal velocity, braking distance and circular motion.
Thanks

I do AQA but i do the same topics and trust me i hate forces with a passion because i never seem to understand it :smile: Maybe if you watch a video on youtube it might help you or even a textbook )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your English Lit is amazing plus it's so sophisticated and your not an utter failure :smile: If you reckon that it has too many words then try shortening it by cutting out unnecessary words :smile: Overall, I'd say it's really good :smile: x
Well done! I did too get all A*s last year when I did my GCSE's and all I would say to anyone reading this is not to worry and just relax through the exams, and just spare some time to yourself. If you know your content, don't look over it again the last minute. But good luck to you and others!
Original post by nisha.sri
Your English Lit is amazing plus it's so sophisticated and your not an utter failure :smile: If you reckon that it has too many words then try shortening it by cutting out unnecessary words :smile: Overall, I'd say it's really good :smile: x

thank you, i am probably going to finish it and then submit it and see what the teacher says. i know that i am over the word limit, but it will be interesting to see what my teacher says aha!

I get two drafts on it anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
thank you, i am probably going to finish it and then submit it and see what the teacher says. i know that i am over the word limit, but it will be interesting to see what my teacher says aha!

I get two drafts on it anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok that's good :smile: x

Quick Reply