The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NiamhM1801
It does feel good - it's so overdue!
And I managed to do:
-Reread Section 1 of Of Mice and Men and made notes on the main characters, events and themes that were present in that section
-Re-organise my revision folder as its been quite a while since I last did that
-Made notes on the Boscastle and Bangladesh floods, as well as how the features of a rivers course changes as it goes down from upper to lower for geography
-Carried on with my unit 1.1 notes for RS - made notes on the design and causation arguments and how they can lead to belief in God, and also got onto scientific explanations for the creation of the world
-Revised the factor theorem (for factorising cubics), ratio problems and circle theorems for further maths
-Learnt pages 18 and 19 of my German vocab booklet
-Finally finished writing up my physics P1 index cards (I meant to finish them 2 weeks ago)
-Carried on typing up my notes for B2 for biology - not many more left to do now

I'm so so proud of myself as I've done next to nothing for ages :biggrin:

WOW WELL DONE NIAMH I'M SO PROUD OF YOU TOO :smile: That's very true, you get quite angry and upset the other days and today you've done loads :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
No worries. I've already done IGCSE Maths Edexcel but i still have Statistics and Edexcel Maths so i guess i still need to revise :smile: Oh, yeh we are very opposite :smile: I don't really revise for French but i have to :smile: and WOW how do you revise for English Lit? Are you in year 11? :biggrin:

Hey yep I'm in Year 11. In terms of English Lit revision... I study To Kill A Mockingbird and An Inspector Calls, and I just make notes categorised by character and theme for both of them :smile: I have to say, even though I like it I don't revise English that much - hardly at all in comparison to other subjects - because I really don't think there's all that much you can do!! A lot of it is about being familiar with the texts so as long as you've read them lots (and it helps if you do have texts you enjoy- eg I love TKaM) and can maybe learn a few quotes, you'll be set :smile:
Original post by grace143
Hey yep I'm in Year 11. In terms of English Lit revision... I study To Kill A Mockingbird and An Inspector Calls, and I just make notes categorised by character and theme for both of them :smile: I have to say, even though I like it I don't revise English that much - hardly at all in comparison to other subjects - because I really don't think there's all that much you can do!! A lot of it is about being familiar with the texts so as long as you've read them lots (and it helps if you do have texts you enjoy- eg I love TKaM) and can maybe learn a few quotes, you'll be set :smile:

Oooh Thank you :smile:
Weirdly on the day that everyone here seems to have procrastinated I've managed to be really focused and get loads done! And it's ok that some of you haven't managed to do a lot today - you're not machines and we all need breaks once in a while, enjoy it!

Well done on all your hard work today and well said - it is important that people remember a break is for enjoyment too :smile:

Original post by ellamoon_22
Hvent done much today only just finisehed mking B3 flash cards went over two topics DNA and Respiration. Gonna do some maths now hope I dont lose too much concentration

Well done so far and keep it up :smile:
I think I've done all right today. Done some RE notes, just got two more topics. For English a practices writing a letter as that was my weak point, did some P3 revision and revised maths using my flash cards. Gotta stop procrastinating !
Original post by sahra30013
I think I've done all right today. Done some RE notes, just got two more topics. For English a practices writing a letter as that was my weak point, did some P3 revision and revised maths using my flash cards. Gotta stop procrastinating !

Well done you are doing really well and should be proud of everything :smile:
And I managed to do:
-Reread Section 1 of Of Mice and Men and made notes on the main characters, events and themes that were present in that section
-Made notes on the Boscastle and Bangladesh floods, as well as how the features of a rivers course changes as it goes down from upper to lower for geography
-Carried on with my unit 1.1 notes for RS - made notes on the design and causation arguments and how they can lead to belief in God, and also got onto scientific explanations for the creation of the world
-Revised the factor theorem (for factorising cubics), ratio problems and circle theorems for further maths
-Finally finished writing up my physics P1 index cards (I meant to finish them 2 weeks ago)
-Carried on typing up my notes for B2 for biology - not many more left to do now

That is really good :smile: well done.

One question, are you doing edexcel re course? I do that one :smile: just cos some of the topics you said, also seem to be on my syllabus :smile:
And I managed to do:

Ooh wow you got so much done today! Also, I do both Boscastle and Bangladesh floods - just wondering, what exam board do you do for geography?? :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
That is really good :smile: well done.

One question, are you doing edexcel re course? I do that one :smile: just cos some of the topics you said, also seem to be on my syllabus :smile:

I do the Edexcel full course (unit 1 and unit 8) :smile:
Original post by grace143
Ooh wow you got so much done today! Also, I do both Boscastle and Bangladesh floods - just wondering, what exam board do you do for geography?? :smile:

Thank you :smile:
And I do AQA for geography :smile:
I do the Edexcel full course (unit 1 and unit 8) :smile:

Yeah same here. So far we have done section one and two for the short course. Also I have done section 1 and 2 for the long course :smile:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Yeah same here. So far we have done section one and two for the short course. Also I have done section 1 and 2 for the long course :smile:

We've covered all 4 topics for unit 1 and 2 topics for unit 8 - we're halfway through the 3rd and we're not being taught the last one because we literally have about 4 lessons left
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Has anyone use Mr Burtons maths website ? I find it quite useful.

Hi, yeah i use it most of the time and it is really helpful
Hey guys, :biggrin:
Update 06/04/16
Today I did English Literature and it didn't go as well as i thought i would. Mainly because i didn't know how to revise rather than making notes and doing questions1. Made notes on OMAM - Themes and Characters
2. Did two questions on OMAM - Extract question and essay question
3. Read through York Notes for Lord of the Flies - Themes and Characters
4. Did one questions on 'a view from the bridge' and wrote notes on characters and themes
5. Watched two videos on Youtube - Extract questions and poetry analysis

Then i got distracted and eventually procrastinated (Great!!) - because it's boring and i didn't know how to revise + my weakest subject :smile: If you guys have any tips please feel free to tell me :smile: Thank you !!
Original post by the-future-medic
Hi, yeah i use it most of the time and it is really helpful

I just got told about it yesterday by a friend and was amazed at how good it was. I have used it today and significantly helped me as the questions are all of the past paper questions. This way, not only are you covering the topics but you are also going through the past papers at the same time.
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey guys, :biggrin:
Update 06/04/16
Today I did English Literature and it didn't go as well as i thought i would. Mainly because i didn't know how to revise rather than making notes and doing questions1. Made notes on OMAM - Themes and Characters
2. Did two questions on OMAM - Extract question and essay question
3. Read through York Notes for Lord of the Flies - Themes and Characters
4. Did one questions on 'a view from the bridge' and wrote notes on characters and themes
5. Watched two videos on Youtube - Extract questions and poetry analysis

Then i got distracted and eventually procrastinated (Great!!) - because it's boring and i didn't know how to revise + my weakest subject :smile: If you guys have any tips please feel free to tell me :smile: Thank you !!

Big well done :biggrin:
UPDATE FOR 06/04/16

Again, I haven't done much but I have done something :smile:

Finished my notes on the Cold War - 25 pages in total - so that's Vietnam and Cold War done, all I have to do in the hols is British and USA depths

Revised Biology B1 - health and fitness, disease and white blood cells, balanced diet

Revised English Language letter formats - and I am going to do more tomorrow morning before the mock :s-smilie:

Not necessarily revision but I got 100% in a Maths test we did in class
And I also gave my friend some of my revision cards and I am going to give them the rest tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 06/04/16

Finished my notes on the Cold War - 25 pages in total - so that's Vietnam and Cold War done, all I have to do in the hols is British and USA depths

Revised Biology B1 - health and fitness, disease and white blood cells, balanced diet

Revised English Language letter formats - and I am going to do more tomorrow morning before the mock :s-smilie:

And I also gave my friend some of my revision cards and I am going to give them the rest tomorrow :biggrin:

Well done! Compared to me, you've done a lot! And well done in your score in maths. Honestly, your my inspiration! Thanks to you, I feel motivated as ever to do well in my GCSEs knowing that there are people like me who want to achieve good results :smile:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I just got told about it yesterday by a friend and was amazed at how good it was. I have used it today and significantly helped me as the questions are all of the past paper questions. This way, not only are you covering the topics but you are also going through the past papers at the same time.

I was told by my maths teacher and I agree it is a really good site
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 06/04/16

Well done and very well done on the Maths :smile: So proud of you Zoe :smile: Your literally my role model because of your high grades :smile: Your so motivational :smile: I can't wait till your Easter break, I am actually so excited to see what you would be doing - it would really motivate me :smile: :biggrin:
It's also good to see that your helping others :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest