The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by typicalstudent1
Yep defo, are you with edexcel??

I for one, am doing Edexcel Science, but only up to Additional. Currently going over P1.

Today I've done:
Lenses
Telescopes
Wave Properties
EM Waves

I'm finding it hard to study for my French GCSE. If you study a Modern Foreign Language, how do you revise it? I usually get A-A* in papers without revising, but I don't want to risk getting an A for the actual exam.
Original post by Afro Tail
I for one, am doing Edexcel Science, but only up to Additional. Currently going over P1.

Today I've done:
Lenses
Telescopes
Wave Properties
EM Waves

I'm finding it hard to study for my French GCSE. If you study a Modern Foreign Language, how do you revise it? I usually get A-A* in papers without revising, but I don't want to risk getting an A for the actual exam.

I'd like to know how you guys revise for it as well. I use the vocab pack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brainzistheword
Thank you! Luckily Geology is available, but I don't have much of an idea what it involves - though I think it will fit in well with the science subjects I want to study. Good luck with your studies too :smile:

it involves the study of rocks and minerals going to the natural history museum and the geology bit would be good before you go to collage if your doing that.

Today I've done:
Lenses
Telescopes
Wave Properties
EM Waves

Finally another person doing edexcel!

I revise for languages (Spanish) with past papers, songs and teaching recordings on Spotify, the app memrise and the app duolingo:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
UPDATE FOR 11/04/16

117 German vocab cards

46 Biology cards

32 chem cards

15 geog cards

5 ICT cards

Neat notes on Hardness of water

English terms and vocab

Typed booklet notes on: Prejudice and problems, Paul Robertson, How was prohibition enforced?, Supply and demand of prohibition, Corruption of prohibition, Why was prohibition ended?

Draft notes on: river landforms, river discharge, and population

Made wall diagrams for: Ox bow lakes, meanders cross profile and hydrographs

HII for english literature are you doing aqa if yes could you link me ways to revise for the exams please?

Today I've done:
Lenses
Telescopes
Wave Properties
EM Waves

Well done on your revision so far and for Languages I do as much vocab work as possible and also do every single past paper I can find :smile:

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I'd like to know how you guys revise for it as well. I use the vocab pack.

I also do loads of vocab but past papers are really important I find :smile:

Original post by jonathanemptage
it involves the study of rocks and minerals going to the natural history museum and the geology bit would be good before you go to collage if your doing that.

Thanks for this info it is really helpful :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by malaikaxx
HII for english literature are you doing aqa if yes could you link me ways to revise for the exams please?

Hi I don't do AQA I do WJEC but for Lit I make character profiles and do as many past papers as possible
UPDATE 12/04/16
Not much done but hey i got something done :smile: The weather is getting better and better everyday :smile: I'm so happy, I don't know if it's with you guys but if its sunny I feel amazing :smile: SUNSHINE MAKES MY DAY :colondollar:

1. Poem analysis & research
2.Physics 1 - Looked through 2 past papers
3.Biology adaptation questions finished
4.English language - essay
5.Poem comparison similarities
6.Physics - Waves and units for equations
(edited 7 years ago)
UPDATE FOR 12/04/16
Made Q cards on:

Digestions

Kidneys

Respiratory systems in amphibians and fish

Negative feedback and cycles

(Made 56 in total)

German past paper - 36/40 and new vocab notes

Completed 364 vocab cards for German

Character profiles started on:

Curley

Curley's Wife

Lennie

Candy

George

Slim

Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 12/04/16
Not much done but hey i got something done :smile: The weather is getting better and better everyday :smile: I'm so happy, I don't know if it's with you guys but if its sunny I feel amazing :smile: SUNSHINE MAKES MY DAY :colondollar:

Well done Nisha - and yes sun makes everything better :biggrin: We've had rain all day today but I'm sure the sun will be back soon :smile:
Well done Nisha - and yes sun makes everything better :biggrin: We've had rain all day today but I'm sure the sun will be back soon :smile:

Thank you Zoe :smile: - Haha I'm not the only one :smile: Aw yeh i'm sure tomorrow is sunny as well YAY !! :biggrin:
UPDATE FOR 12/04/16
Made Q cards on:

Digestions

Kidneys

(Made 56 in total)

Curley

Curley's Wife

Lennie

Candy

George

Slim

hey, have you still got half term holidays?
UPDATE FOR 12/04/16
Made Q cards on:

Digestions

Kidneys

(Made 56 in total)

Curley

Curley's Wife

Lennie

Candy

George

Slim

Well done Zoe you've done a lot !!You really amaze me with the vocab cards and today you've done 364 ! How do you do character profiles? Is it possible if you could show me one ? Thank you :wink: I do WJEC as well and first exam on 23rd May - English Lit would be the only subject which i struggle so much :frown:
Also do you have to memorise the quotes because i do and i find it so difficult :afraid: I really don't want to fail English Lit :frown:
UPDATE 12/04/16

UPDATE FOR 12/04/16
Made Q cards on:

Digestions

Kidneys

(Made 56 in total)

Curley

Curley's Wife

Lennie

Candy

George

Slim

well done you two, you both seem to have done a lot of work today :smile: congrats!

Well done Zoe you've done a lot !!You really amaze me with the vocab cards and today you've done 364 ! How do you do character profiles? Is it possible if you could show me one ? Thank you :wink: I do WJEC as well and first exam on 23rd May - English Lit would be the only subject which i struggle so much :frown:
Also do you have to memorise the quotes because i do and i find it so difficult :afraid: I really don't want to fail English Lit :frown:

ah no nisha, you won't fail english! just think positively about it and you will succeed :smile:
Original post by PenguinNinja
hey, have you still got half term holidays?

I've only just started mine - I have 2 weeks off :smile:
I've only just started mine - I have 2 weeks off :smile:

ooooh. No wonder! I was wondering how it was even possible to get that much revision in on a school day:colondollar:
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
well done you two, you both seem to have done a lot of work today :smile: congrats!

ah no nisha, you won't fail english! just think positively about it and you will succeed :smile:

Thank you :smile: I usually think positively about eveything but English Lit is scaring me !! :frown:
WELL DONE WOW you've done so much even though you have school ...
Keep up the hard work :smile:

Thank you, I'm sure you've done a lot too:smile:
Today: 12/04/2016
At home:-
Done notes on history in the medicine topic on Ancient Greece, Roman Britain and, Early and Later medieval times, specifically about cause and treatment of disease.
Read through book for English Lit to chapter 5( still haven't finished!)
Read through revision guide on Anita and Me and learned general quotes
Learned the author's techniques and their effects
Looked over again the social, historical and cultural context
Looked over my French Speaking

During school(break and lunch time and some during lessons)
Read some of Anita and Me
Got back my history mock- got an A*! Looked at weakness
Read through forces and motion, braking, thinking and stopping distance.
Maths- Algebraic fractions and past papers
Got back RE mock- got an A, dropped a grade. Looked at weaknesses.

Some parts of revisions happened in class as we are revising
Original post by PenguinNinja
ooooh. No wonder! I was wondering how it was even possible to get that much revision in on a school day:colondollar:

Haha yeah we seem to have weird holidays this year :smile:

Quick Reply