Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamoon_22)
    Yes I knw its super early but I usually go to bed at 10/11 so like 6/7 hours sleep which isnt ideal. But yhh as I sed I think yesterday goona go to bed at
    8/9 cause Im usually really tired from sch then.
    Yeah it's whatever works best for you and if that makes you more productive then it is probably for the best

(Original post by Littleone2000)
    Just a quick update (I've never done one of these before) I decided not to work or go out yesterday or today and aside from an hour at the care home I have not left the house. Despite this, I haven't got as much done as many people would in that time because even if I don't want to I tend to break at least every ten minutes, sometimes for up to an hour because I get so distracted and procrastinate so much! But... I have FINALLY managed to revise every subject near enough.
    I have completed my English language paper, completed broadsheets and past papers for biology 1-6 and physics 1-6, a core 2 maths paper and done around 3/4 of business unit 1 in mind maps.
    Now just to recap chemistry 1-6 as I didn't have any broadsheet revision materials so I'm going to make a few notes, and then to begin (eek) learning the content for Cambridge nationals IT (only 4 weeks before the exam and I haven't even begun learning let alone revising)...
    Back to school on Tuesday so I reckon that's me done now, as my boyfriend comes back late tomorrow I will be seeing him after work over the weekend and on Monday, but I shall take an assortment of past papers along with me to see how much I get done.
    Well done - and I have the IT OCR national as my first exam and we've only just been told what the exam is based on so I have to start revising too

(Original post by nisha.sri)
    Hey guys
    UPDATE 15/04/16

The weekends are coming so i'm going to do loads of revision without procrastinating WEEKEND :angel:- so much revision

1.Maths past paper questions
    2.Biology 1 marked - A*
    3. Started biology Unit 2 past paper questions
    4.Psychology Topic A questions finished + Psychology Topic B questions started
    6. Marked French reading paper - 38/40 & 35/40 ( silly mistakes but i will deffo improve on those)
    7. Physics Unit 3 - Hydraulics, Circular motion, Pendulum
    Really well done and good luck with the weekend revision I'm sure you'll ace it
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Yeah it's whatever works best for you and if that makes you more productive then it is probably for the best

Well done - and I have the IT OCR national as my first exam and we've only just been told what the exam is based on so I have to start revising too

Really well done and good luck with the weekend revision I'm sure you'll ace it
    Thank you I hope
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 15/04/16
    Well most of my day was taken up by interview (4 hours) and then a family meal

So I only managed to do a few Q Cards
    • 21 German
    • 15 Geography

But tomorrow I should hopefully get back on track
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    UPDATE 15/04/16

The weekends are coming so i'm going to do loads of revision without procrastinating WEEKEND :angel:- so much revision

1.Maths past paper questions
    2.Biology 1 marked - A*
    3. Started biology Unit 2 past paper questions
    4.Psychology Topic A questions finished + Psychology Topic B questions started
    6. Marked French reading paper - 38/40 & 35/40 ( silly mistakes but i will deffo improve on those)
    7. Physics Unit 3 - Hydraulics, Circular motion, Pendulum
    Wow!! How on earth do you get so much done on a school day? When I come home from school I never feel like doing anything!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 15/04/16

• 21 German
    • 15 Geography
    Wow that's a long interview...what was it for? Did it go well?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Wow!! How on earth do you get so much done on a school day? When I come home from school I never feel like doing anything!
    I do some before school and i usually just knuckle down to do loads because time is running Thank you though
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's a long interview...what was it for? Did it go well?
    It was for an engineering apprenticeship and I find out in a few weeks, I think it went well though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I do some before school and i usually just knuckle down to do loads because time is running Thank you though
    Yeah...I've considered revising before school but since I have to leave at 7:25am I'd have to wake up at like 5:30...NO THANK YOU :laugh:
    I'm back at school on Monday so hopefully I'll still have some motivation left when I get home as it'll be 4 weeks then! :eek4:
    And you're welcome
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 15/04/16

• 21 German
    • 15 Geography
    WOW! That interview is so long Jesus Christ how was it? At least you had time off revision and it's nice to have some time off Well done though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It was for an engineering apprenticeship and I find out in a few weeks, I think it went well though
    Oh nice! I hope they liked you and you get a place
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...I've considered revising before school but since I have to leave at 7:25am I'd have to wake up at like 5:30...NO THANK YOU :laugh:
    I'm back at school on Monday so hopefully I'll still have some motivation left when I get home as it'll be 4 weeks then! :eek4:
    And you're welcome
    Oh ok Lol i agree ooh great and yes when i went back to school all i could heard was 6 weeks or 5 weeks exam exams!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok Lol i agree ooh great and yes when i went back to school all i could heard was 6 weeks or 5 weeks exam exams!!
    Ah I know I can tell our teachers will be like that! The only thing that's worrying me is I have 19 'proper' school days left and we haven't even finished learning content yet! :eek3:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious - when do you guys all get study leave? We seem to be getting it very early (13th May) as its before exams even begin!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ah I know I can tell our teachers will be like that! The only thing that's worrying me is I have 19 'proper' school days left and we haven't even finished learning content yet! :eek3:
    Haha Aw for science? I mean you could try teaching yourself if it works - with a textbook and videos on youtube or even someone could explain it to you like someone older than you etc. To be honest i am THE worst person to ever meet when it comes to explaining especially for maths. Tbh i get really annoyed when someone doesn't understand something so easy like factorising in YEAR 11.
    I will literally call them dumb - Yes i am that bad I just don't understand though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious - when do you guys all get study leave? We seem to be getting it very early (13th May) as its before exams even begin!
    I don't think we even get one I'm not sure though but i really really want one
    Hope we do , i might ask my teachers
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Haha Aw for science? I mean you could try teaching yourself if it works - with a textbook and videos on youtube or even someone could explain it to you like someone older than you etc. To be honest i am THE worst person to ever meet when it comes to explaining especially for maths. Tbh i get really annoyed when someone doesn't understand something so easy like factorising in YEAR 11.
    I will literally call them dumb - Yes i am that bad I just don't understand though
    Yeah it is mainly science - I've made notes on most topics but some of them don't really make sense - I'll try the YouTube thing though and hope that works!
    And I'm literally the same with people not understanding concepts that are so basic to me - which is so so bad as my ideal job is a maths teacher!! I am however learning to stay calm and explain things in a way people can understand (and not resorting to laughing or shouting at them anymore ) as I get asked for help a lot in lessons
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we even get one I'm not sure though but i really really want one
    Hope we do , i might ask my teachers
    Aw, it's a shame if you don't get it - I'm relying on it personally.
    Definitely speak to your teachers about it, you might just persuade them
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is mainly science - I've made notes on most topics but some of them don't really make sense - I'll try the YouTube thing though and hope that works!
    And I'm literally the same with people not understanding concepts that are so basic to me - which is so so bad as my ideal job is a maths teacher!! I am however learning to stay calm and explain things in a way people can understand (and not resorting to laughing or shouting at them anymore ) as I get asked for help a lot in lessons
    Ok
    Haha Ikr but yeah same, sometimes people do understand but if it's someone who doesn't understand like 12^2 - I don't even what to say though
    Omg same i will end up laughing though because i laugh too much lol but now i am trying not to
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Ok
    Haha Ikr but yeah same, sometimes people do understand but if it's someone who doesn't understand like 12^2 - I don't even what to say though
    Omg same i will end up laughing though because i laugh too much lol but now i am trying not to
    I know I'm sooo bad for laughing! But admittedly sometimes they do deserve it (once the boy who sits next to me drew out the graph of y=cosx for a really easy multiple choice question and I couldn't help myself :laugh:)

ReputationRep:
    So lucky! We're getting it on the 27th May. After we complete half of our exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.