Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So today I went out and didn't get to do much revision. I only managed to revise a bit of RE( exactly a month left before my RE exam!).
    However, I did do some revision at school so I guess that's alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Don't you fall asleep? Is this in the weekends too ?
    No I usualky never fall asleep in classes I think breakfast helps and drinking a lot of water to keep me up. On the weekends Its more chill so I'll wake up at like 10 or even 11am. I dont do much on weekends just go to the library sometines for like 2 hours. Or do a maths past paper, biology or english

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    So lucky! We're getting it on the 27th May. After we complete half of our exams
    We dont get study leave which could be good because we will be more focused but study leave wuld be nice. Apparently my year is really relaxed and teachers r concered tht we are too laid bck with the gcses. Well most of my year hve accepted tht they will fail their words not mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellamoon_22)
    We dont get study leave which could be good because we will be more focused but study leave wuld be nice. Apparently my year is really relaxed and teachers r concered tht we are too laid bck with the gcses. Well most of my year hve accepted tht they will fail their words not mine
    You're right. Personally, I prefere revising at home and having a whole day to do this rather than going to school. We've learned most of the content anyway. Also, my year is also so laid back and here I am stressing so much. I wish I can be as calm as them sometimes.
    How's revision though?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    So lucky! We're getting it on the 27th May. After we complete half of our exams
    Ouch...unlucky. Do you find you revise well at school? I don't - so I'm really glad we get early study leave!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Oh nice! I hope they liked you and you get a place
    Thank you

I'm curious - when do you guys all get study leave? We seem to be getting it very early (13th May) as its before exams even begin!
    Well my last exam is 22nd June and I don't think we get leave until 6th June
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    So today I went out and didn't get to do much revision. I only managed to revise a bit of RE( exactly a month left before my RE exam!).
    However, I did do some revision at school so I guess that's alright.
    Every little bit counts - so well done
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Aw that's a shame however you'll do amazingly well regardless of study leave
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's a shame however you'll do amazingly well regardless of study leave
    Haha hopefully but it would have been nice, I hate revising at school and prefer it at home like yourself

ReputationRep:
    How much do you guys revise a day ? I'm very curious.
    I'm only in year 9 though but I just wanted to see how much you guys revise?
    You all seem to be pretty clever
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Same my last exam is on the 27th and we just get the half term on 6th June
    Also, do you have any predictions for the OMAM in unit 1
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    How much do you guys revise a day ? I'm very curious.
    I'm only in year 9 though but I just wanted to see how much you guys revise?
    You all seem to be pretty clever

Hi again,

I used to spend around 6 hours in holidays and 3-4 on school nights but I am hoping to cut down the hours I revise from now on

ReputationRep:
    Ouch...unlucky. Do you find you revise well at school? I don't - so I'm really glad we get early study leave!
    To be honest, I can't revise at school so I'm stuck at school till then

ReputationRep:
    Every little bit counts - so well done
    Thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Same my last exam is on the 27th and we just get the half term on 6th June
    Also, do you have any predictions for the OMAM in unit 1
    What do you mean by predictions?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by predictions?
    I mean like what do you think the question would be?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I mean like what do you think the question would be?
    Ah right, I thought you did - I wouldn't have a clue and I prefer not to go in with preconceptions as it might mean you disregard some other parts of revision

You could always ask your teachers as they have a better idea of what sorts of things come up
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, I thought you did - I wouldn't have a clue and I prefer not to go in with preconceptions as it might mean you disregard some other parts of revision

You could always ask your teachers as they have a better idea of what sorts of things come up
    Oh ok it's not that i don't want to revise for English Lit although i don't know how to revise for it except from past paper questions. I mean i will revise everything for sure but i just wanted to know if you knew because everyone seems to be predicting things for exams which may be wrong but thank you
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok it's not that i don't want to revise for English Lit although i don't know how to revise for it except from past paper questions. I mean i will revise everything for sure but i just wanted to know if you knew because everyone seems to be predicting things for exams which may be wrong but thank you
    Of course I'm sure you will revise, as you are so committed

I've never been any good at guessing questions so it would be best if you asked teachers as they can see patterns easier than us, especially if they have lots of experience
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Of course I'm sure you will revise, as you are so committed

I've never been any good at guessing questions so it would be best if you asked teachers as they can see patterns easier than us, especially if they have lots of experience
    Aw thank you
    Yeah maybe, also i cannot get over the fact that my English teacher went to oxford and she works at a state school :eek: when she could do something else and earn so much money but i would never want her to leave - she is THE best but she would have been better if my class was dedicated to learning - which they aren't but when it comes to exams it's all high grade

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.