Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Road to A* everywhere Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=brainzistheword;64219535]There are many ways and if you want the best possible chance I would suggest finding out which ways you like best by experimenting now whilst you have the chance - I wish I had

As you are on the new GCSEs you really need to know everything inside out so the more times you go over things the better chance you have of remembering them

Thanks so much for the information but I have a new specification and most of them are draft but for maths it came up but I don't quite get it ? please can you send me private message to help me thanks mayu123
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    If it helps: two weeks after results day, you won't give two farts about your GCSE's, let alone how many of them you have.
    Yeah I know, it's just interesting to see how we all have different varients

(Original post by Littleone2000)
    I can't believe you do the same IT exam! Do you have any revision cards or materials I could use? So far the only things I have done for the R001 exam are reading the case study and learning about input devices, IT is my worst nightmare...
    If you use my flashcards through Brainscape then I have made a set for ICT - if you don't already use it then I can give you the link to the specific set - just let me know

I have 23/24 exams to get 9 GCSEs and an A level, it's very strange how it varies so much for everyone! It's nice that I already have 2 GCSEs that were done in year 10 too.
    It really is strange

(Original post by Zacken)
    Just be glad I didn't use n farts and asked her to use induction.
    haha

(Original post by GCSEstudentt)
    Just found out I have a mock english literature (AQA unit 1) exam on Wednesday any revision tips? I'm doing an inspector calls and OMAM
    Make sure you know the order of events and as many quotes and small details as possible

Good luck

(Original post by Tiara006)
    Were you always a whizz at maths or did you improve gradually by repeating this process of doing a maths paper and learning from mistakes? How long did it take you(if you weren't always just a whizz at maths!)?
    I've always been quite good, but I have been getting much better recenly through doing more past papers and learning more about the exams themselves and improving technique. I've seen more of an imporvement over the last 3 months when the amount of papers we have done has increased dramatically
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybird29)
    anyone know how to calculate overall grades with coursework? Trying to work out whether I can get A* in french and german with my coursework grades
    I would go to the exam board website and look for the UMS conversions and grade boundaries, we were given them in our AQA lessons so I'm sure you can find a guide

(Original post by mayu123)
    Thanks so much for the information but I have a new specification and most of them are draft but for maths it came up but I don't quite get it ? please can you send me private message to help me thanks mayu123
    Sure I will see what I can do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladybird29)
    anyone know how to calculate overall grades with coursework? Trying to work out whether I can get A* in french and german with my coursework grades
    Some exam boards give an overall UMS grade boundary, including coursework, which is great if you know the UMS marks. If not, I'd get up the grade boundaries and find the % requirement for each grade and work out your %s for all your coursework, what % that is of the overall grade, then fill in the gap with the %of your last mock grade and average it. But I'm sure there's an easier way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Yeah I know, it's just interesting to see how we all have different varients

If you use my flashcards through Brainscape then I have made a set for ICT - if you don't already use it then I can give you the link to the specific set - just let me know

It really is strange

haha

Make sure you know the order of events and as many quotes and small details as possible

Good luck

I've always been quite good, but I have been getting much better recenly through doing more past papers and learning more about the exams themselves and improving technique. I've seen more of an imporvement over the last 3 months when the amount of papers we have done has increased dramatically
    I'm the one looking for your science cards as well, but I've not had the time to really search yet! As I'll be using the app, will it let me search by your username instead?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I'm the one looking for your science cards as well, but I've not had the time to really search yet! As I'll be using the app, will it let me search by your username instead?
    Ah right, forgot about that!

It should do, but I also changed the names to Biology (or the other sciences) GCSE OCR Gateway B so it makes it more specific to search for

Let me know if you have any luck finding them

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, forgot about that!

It should do, but I also changed the names to Biology (or the other sciences) GCSE OCR Gateway B so it makes it more specific to search for

Let me know if you have any luck finding them
    What's your username?
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 18/04/16
    Not really much to update you for today as I spent most of the day out with friends

I have literally only done 15 Q cards on Montserrat case study for Geography

But I am now planning out everything for tomorrow and the remaining days of my holiday so I can be as productive as possible
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 18/04/16
    Not much done because of school but i still got something done - which is good ( i guess)
    28 days remaining till my first exam

1. Psychology - Hobson & McCarley evaluation + Case study , Gestalt & Gregory
    2. French past paper done and marked - 33/40 A* - just hit the A* which means that i need to work harder on vocab
    3. Physics 1 - Electromagnet Spectrum, Doppler Effect, Red shift,
    4. English Language - Essay started + Language question done
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 18/04/16
    Not really much to update you for today as I spent most of the day out with friends

But I am now planning out everything for tomorrow and the remaining days of my holiday so I can be as productive as possible
    At least you had time off from revising Well done though

ReputationRep:
    nisha.sri have you done the Physics ISA on LED's?I need some help.

Btw well done everybody here- you are revising hard.

I think will start updating my revision tomorrow.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibte10)
    nisha.sri have you done the Physics ISA on LED's?I need some help.

Btw well done everybody here- you are revising hard.

I think will start updating my revision tomorrow.
    Nope i did the one on P3 about reflection and sin i / sin r
    Sorry
    Thank you It's good to see that you will be updating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Nope i did the one on P3 about reflection and sin i / sin r
    Sorry
    Thank you It's good to see that you will be updating
    Ok no problem.

ReputationRep:
    Today, I went back to school - yey.
    Got my year ten exam timetable and revision lists.
    Tonight I began revising.
    I have begun with 'Biology-Plant Biology' - have a test on that next week also.
    Managed to revise:
    -Gas exchange.
    -How leaves are adapted to gas exchange.
    -Structure of flower and functions.
    -Pollination.

(I made 20 flashcards.)

Also reviewed work for three of my friends, which helped improve my skills in regards to proofreading. It took way longer than expected. I am happy to review work for anyone (if they would like me to!)

ReputationRep:
    Update 18/04/2016
    I didn't managed to do that much today because I had to stay in school to finish my coursework.
    I've done:-
    P3 and B4- looked at common mistakes and read the specification for B3
    Maths- cones and spheres, negative enlargement
    French listening past paper- 27/40 which is disappointing. Looked at mistakes
    A Christmas carol stave 1 revised in the morning
    ICT- review on impact on organisations and home entertainment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    UPDATE 18/04/16
    Not much done because of school but i still got something done - which is good ( i guess)
    28 days remaining till my first exam

1. Psychology - Hobson & McCarley evaluation + Case study , Gestalt & Gregory
    2. French past paper done and marked - 33/40 A* - just hit the A* which means that i need to work harder on vocab
    3. Physics 1 - Electromagnet Spectrum, Doppler Effect, Red shift,
    4. English Language - Essay started + Language question done
    No worries! Keep up the good work Nisha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    Today, I went back to school - yey.
    Got my year ten exam timetable and revision lists.
    Tonight I began revising.
    I have begun with 'Biology-Plant Biology' - have a test on that next week also.
    Managed to revise:
    -Gas exchange.
    -How leaves are adapted to gas exchange.
    -Structure of flower and functions.
    -Pollination.

(I made 20 flashcards.)

Also reviewed work for three of my friends, which helped improve my skills in regards to proofreading. It took way longer than expected. I am happy to review work for anyone (if they would like me to!)
    Well done! Keep up the good work! You're so nice to review your friends work and good luck with the test next week

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE FOR 18/04/16

It's okay. It's important that you rest! Good thing that you are planning! Spend your holiday well and I'm sure you will still do a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    Well done! Keep up the good work! You're so nice to review your friends work and good luck with the test next week
    thank-you very much sahra! well done for what you have achieved today also, good luck for all of your upcoming GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    No worries! Keep up the good work Nisha
    Thank you Sahra

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.