Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in first year of uni and I'm just wondering if anyone else hasn't made any friends apart from their flatmates. There's 10 of us and they're great but I can't help but think we wouldn't be friends unless we lived together.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation because its starting to get me down and I have no clue how to meet new people. I've thought about joining some societies but don't know if its too late to start them now?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellai17)
    I'm in first year of uni and I'm just wondering if anyone else hasn't made any friends apart from their flatmates. There's 10 of us and they're great but I can't help but think we wouldn't be friends unless we lived together.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation because its starting to get me down and I have no clue how to meet new people. I've thought about joining some societies but don't know if its too late to start them now?
    I didn't make a huge amount of friends in the first year or this year either, apart from a few people on my course and the people that I lived with in first year (some of which I live with now) and I think that they are all the friends I need. I too would like to join some new societies at this stage though.

It's worth joining societies anyway, not with the sole objective of making friends but to get skills, maybe get into a position of responsibility and do fun things that the society is for, as well as go to the socials and see how you get on.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.