Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    So, I went to ENT yesterday and he thinks part of my problem is the medication I take for my migraine. I take Topamax, which quite frankly, is rather horrible. He's suggested if I can, to reduce it.

We have been aware for a very long time that for me, there are a lot of triggers for my migraines, such as light. (I mentioned this years ago and was told it's not the cause of a serious underlying medical problem)

He said that for some people, thee are some food triggers for migraine. Now, I'm personally not aware of any. But I am aware that if I don't eat or drink enough, I will get a migraine.

Has anyone found that by altering their diet, their migraines have improved?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    There are all sorts of trigger factors and they are personal.You need to keep a diary. There was an article recently listing trigger factors and it showed that some were triggers for some but actually had the opposite effect for others.

How often do you get attacks? how severe and what type?

As for diet, then dark chocolate, cheese, citrus and red wine are quite common.

You need to eat so your blood sugar levels dont dip.
    Hydration is very important.

I know i put myself at risjk with red wine, so I dont , but still have chcolate despite the increased chances.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Thanks. My problem is, there doesn't seem to be an obvious pattern as such, apart from the lack of food or drink and too much light or noise.

I don't think coffee helps me much.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.