Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Games workshop mega thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    you mean the Thousand Sons? XD
    I was paraphrasing there.

I think I know the name of my favourite legion. Speaking of, this model here:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Warsmith)
    I was paraphrasing there.

I think I know the name of my favourite legion. Speaking of, this model here:
    pre-heresy
    i prefer the prodigal sons we get **** done still (Ahriman leads them) XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathGuardElite)
    pre-heresy
    i prefer the prodigal sons we get **** done still (Ahriman leads them) XD
    Do you know why the Thousand sons are currently blue and gold, instead of the red/ivory?

ReputationRep:
    Also guys WH40K Eternal Crusade are hosting their live stream at 7pm today like every Friday, so if you guys want to watch and chat on twitch or youtube, that would be grand!

And did I mention the giveaway at the end?
    Have you got a link to the stream?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know why the Thousand sons are currently blue and gold, instead of the red/ivory?
    ooops
    Tzeentch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardBarfield9)
    Have you got a link to the stream?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ircDzs3nxc
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Currently only do modelling since i used to play at a school club until it closed but the people at my local games workshop were unenjoyable to play with at best.

I collected tyranids and orks in 40k but moved to blood angels when they came out.

My two favourite battles were with bloods using a borrowed army before I had the money to make a blood Angels army and then my own tyrants army:

Had a army with 10 death company (forgot the rest) against IG (because why not) and I lost no units. My death company survived more than 100 shots and had killed around 20 infantry and 3 tanks.

Had a tyranid army where my main units were a tyrannofex, carnifex brood, mawloc and hive guard agains chaos. First round enemy lost a defiler, dreadnought, majority of their bloodcrushers and their bloodthirster nearly died. Pretty much won at that point.

ReputationRep:
    Necrons ftw

ReputationRep:
    I'm in WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My best moment was when I got 3 Tyranid warriors and 7 Ork Boyz for just a £1 at a car boot sale!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how Space Hulk Deathwing will play?

ReputationRep:
    Warhammer is just obscenely expensive. Here's hoping they go bust and are bought out by someone who moves the production over to China and lowers the prices by 75%.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting back into Games Workshop after a break thanks to visiting Warhammer World (where my Chaos Sorcerer managed to perils himself to death) :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Currently only do modelling since i used to play at a school club until it closed but the people at my local games workshop were unenjoyable to play with at best.

I collected tyranids and orks in 40k but moved to blood angels when they came out.

My two favourite battles were with bloods using a borrowed army before I had the money to make a blood Angels army and then my own tyrants army:

Had a army with 10 death company (forgot the rest) against IG (because why not) and I lost no units. My death company survived more than 100 shots and had killed around 20 infantry and 3 tanks.

Had a tyranid army where my main units were a tyrannofex, carnifex brood, mawloc and hive guard agains chaos. First round enemy lost a defiler, dreadnought, majority of their bloodcrushers and their bloodthirster nearly died. Pretty much won at that point.
    Looks like the nids are strong contenders in such skilled hands as yours. Do you follow a certain Hive Fleet colour scheme, or have you made your own fluffy one?

(Original post by Sameerio)
    Necrons ftw
    Which dynasty though?

(Original post by Vikingninja)
    Anyone know how Space Hulk Deathwing will play?
    Not quite sure, as it's not on my grounds..Do you have any ideas.

(Original post by xHUNT3Rx)
    I'm in WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wez gunna smash sum gitz for Gork an Mork!

(Original post by xHUNT3Rx)
    My best moment was when I got 3 Tyranid warriors and 7 Ork Boyz for just a £1 at a car boot sale!
    That's actually a very good deal! A few years back when I had no idea of prices or point costs, I traded one of my newly-built landraiders for a drop pod. Can you believe just how stupid that was?

(Original post by APkr)
    Warhammer is just obscenely expensive. Here's hoping they go bust and are bought out by someone who moves the production over to China and lowers the prices by 75%.
    Somehow, I doubt that. I just want them to bring WHB back, because Age of Sigmar is so dumb.

(Original post by _Dexter_)
    I'm getting back into Games Workshop after a break thanks to visiting Warhammer World (where my Chaos Sorcerer managed to perils himself to death) :P
    As a Thousand Sons player, I can really relate to your pain. Or amusement for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    Introducing the new Mechanicum Battle Automata - the Domitar.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Domitar Class Battle-automata was a sophisticated variant of the ancient Conqueror pattern. Larger than the more common Castellax alongside which it would serve, the Domitar was also swifter, designed to cross the open battlefield at speed, and built expressly to crash into the enemy with shattering force.

To this end the Domitar’s shock-protected and armoured frame was itself a weapon, while its blows were amplified to colossal proportions by the Battle-automata’s inbuilt gravitational hammers, allowing it to pulverise battle tanks and, as it would later prove, even Legiones Astartes Dreadnoughts in combat. As a line-breaker, the Domitar was unparalleled in the Mechanicum’s arsenal, and its tactical flexibility was further augmented with a missile launcher armed with a variety of munitions.

The Domitar Class Battle-automata is equipped with a pair of graviton hammers and a missile launcher. Optional parts are included to mode the missile launcher’s housing open or closed. Rules for using Domitar Class Battle-automata Maniples in Horus Heresy games can be found in The Horus Heresy - Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the nids are strong contenders in such skilled hands as yours. Do you follow a certain Hive Fleet colour scheme, or have you made your own fluffy one?
    Followed leviathan when I played them. Tyranids are hilarious as long as the enemy doesn't have any heavy tanks since a lot of the anti tank stuff sucks, zoanthropes and tyrannofexes are the best but the former needs to be sort of close and tyrannofexes are hella' expensive. Carnifexes had heavy venom cannons but they have that annoying -1 effect against vehicles.

ReputationRep:
    only ultramarines or whatever their called now and tyranids

i only like to paint and build though hows the actual game to play

also whats the news i heard that theres a decent film coming out of space marine 40k
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HELPME!!!!!!!)
    only ultramarines or whatever their called now and tyranids

i only like to paint and build though hows the actual game to play

also whats the news i heard that theres a decent film coming out of space marine 40k
    Only 40k film I'm aware of is Ultramarines which is 6 years old. Not seeing anything about upcoming films. From reviews ultramarines sounds like its just for fans and people outside of warhammer won't really enjoy it so sounds like its average.

ReputationRep:
    Still! It's so rare to see wargamers these days! There used to be more in the past...

Also, shoudn't it be Astra Millitarum

If you haven't noticed, they renamed the Guard!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also, join our Society!
    To me they will always be the Imperial Guard. Ive been doing workshop since the days of Epic, Space Crusade, Heroquest (and thier advanced counterparts) when you could buy BFG in stores, before the days of LOTR. They will always be the Imperial Guard.

The Domitar Class Battle-automata is equipped with a pair of graviton hammers and a missile launcher. Optional parts are included to mode the missile launcher’s housing open or closed. Rules for using Domitar Class Battle-automata Maniples in Horus Heresy games can be found in The Horus Heresy - Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List.
    I really reallydont like the look of the Tech Priest armies. I know GW are going for a steam punk/50s robots look to combat the imagary of things like war machine but to me i just dont like them at all.

Anyway 40k wise I play Aloitic and Tau and fantasy wise i have a large wood elf army.

ReputationRep:
    Evening guys, sorry for being in absentia again. While I was away I thought of some important topics we might discuss:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Paulwyn , Davij038, Gofre, Captain Jack, Alexion, DeathGuardElite , Nerwen and EdwardBarfield9, Sameerio, silverbolt, _Dexter_, , Vikingninja, HELPME!!!!!!! , APkr , xHUNT3Rx
    Current list of the glorious Adeptus Astartes Chapter of TSR - what should we call it? - Feel free to make some suggestions!
    Have you guys heard the recent introduction of Age of Sigmar by GW, following the End Times in which the Old World was destroyed? I guess most of you have, if you have been into the WHFB aspect of the game. I certainly was, as an avid Tomb Kings player (GW killed us all though).

How do you guys find Age of Sigmar? Do you like it or not? And do you miss old Warhammer Fantasy?
    If so, what were your favourite factions and funny moments while playing them?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.