Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I talk to girls? Watch

Announcements

Hey guys I'm 16 and I have barely held a full conversation with a girl let alone had a girlfriend. I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips to get me started because usually when I am approached (I never approach I am too shy) I just weird out the girl and she won't really talk to me anymore. I just never know what to say and when to say it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    same here bro

ReputationRep:
    My guess is to talk to them as you would any other human being, they're not a different species y'know :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and I could never approach a guy! Maybe you could start talking to girls online (like facebook etc), then you have time to think about what to say to them and find out more about them before you talk to them in person

ReputationRep:
    By opening your mouth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys I'm 16 and I have barely held a full conversation with a girl let alone had a girlfriend. I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips to get me started because usually when I am approached (I never approach I am too shy) I just weird out the girl and she won't really talk to me anymore. I just never know what to say and when to say it.

How to Talk to Girls

Step 1: Change your mentality to don't give a **** about anything

Step 2: When approached and asked about something answer like they were one of your friends

Step 3: Don't do some weird **** like you would do out of the ordinary just act like you've known them for a long time

Step 4: Step 2&3 help you to talk to people especially if they're strangers

Step 5: You have successfully talked to a girl/stranger/anyone you want to talk to

(Original post by thefatone)
    How to Talk to Girls

Step 1: Change your mentality to don't give a **** about anything

Step 2: When approached and asked about something answer like they were one of your friends

Step 3: Don't do some weird **** like you would do out of the ordinary just act like you've known them for a long time

Step 4: Step 2&3 help you to talk to people especially if they're strangers

Step 5: You have successfully talked to a girl/stranger/anyone you want to talk to

Gee thanks, thats the best advice i've had yet (no sarcasm). I guess if I talk like they're one of my friends then it shouldn't be too bad and that way they get to know the real me rather than the fake me. thanks

Glad to hear I'm not the only one
    (Original post by Al-Qamar)
    same here bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazalaz)
    I'm a girl and I could never approach a guy! Maybe you could start talking to girls online (like facebook etc), then you have time to think about what to say to them and find out more about them before you talk to them in person
    That could totally work and I wouldn't need to work up the confidence to do it face to face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flamingball)
    That could totally work and I wouldn't need to work up the confidence to do it face to face
    exactly! and no one else would see that you were talking to her either so there is no one there to judge you and be nosey to see what you are saying other than her

ReputationRep:
    mm it's easy to say just talk to them as you would a guy: but that's basically all there is to it...

go to a party and alcohol will do it for you lmfao

but yeah, just try to stay calm and smile and look them in the eye etc

ReputationRep:

I'd like to say it's the same as talking to guys, it's not. In my experience they are often easily offended and very critical of what you say and do, a lot of girls also have a tendency to take what you say very literally.

ReputationRep:

You can just talk about general stuff like school work, movies, holidays or places she might have been to or anything else she is interested in. When she is talking make sure you listen carefully and ask questions based on what she says. This provides an indication that you are taking an interest in what she has to say. Also make sure you make eye contact while you speak. Good luck!

ReputationRep:

The fact that you have been approached is a good sign.

The trick when talking to anyone is to be interesting and sometimes a little outrageous rather than mundane and boring.

Don't worry about what you say.

If you relax and let your guard down everything will be easier.

I think having awkward conversations sometimes is part of being a teenager. Just go with it and don't worry about people judging you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.