RosaA
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering whether anyone has some really good revision techniques that they don't mind sharing -I am currently in the process of revising for a physics exam (The entirety of P1) and don't know where to start!

Thank you
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RosaA)
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering whether anyone has some really good revision techniques that they don't mind sharing -I am currently in the process of revising for a physics exam (The entirety of P1) and don't know where to start!

Thank you
For GCSE Sciences you could watch FreeScienceLessons videos on Youtube to recap your knowledge on P1 before doing a past paper. Alternatively you can use GCSEPod or MyGCSEScience as well to recap your knowledge before attempting to do a P1 paper. Do note that the grade boundaries are as tight as other Sciences, you only need about 27 for a Grade B (if you're with AQA).
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RosaA)
Hi everyone!

Thank you
Past papers, lots and lots of them.
RosaA
(Original post by JTran38)
For GCSE Sciences you could watch FreeScienceLessons videos on Youtube to recap your knowledge on P1 before doing a past paper. Alternatively you can use GCSEPod or MyGCSEScience as well to recap your knowledge before attempting to do a P1 paper. Do note that the grade boundaries are as tight as other Sciences, you only need about 27 for a Grade B.
Thanks so much for the help!
Do you know what the grade boundary is for an A/A*?
RosaA
(Original post by TheOtherSide.)
Past papers, lots and lots of them.
Thanks!

Quick question, do you have any recommended sites from which I can access past papers?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RosaA)
Thanks!

Quick question, do you have any recommended sites from which I can access past papers?
Just go to the exam board e.g AQA and find the past papers from there.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes
username2337813
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RosaA)
Thanks so much for the help!
Do you know what the grade boundary is for an A/A*?
Depends what year you're doing. For 2015 P1, I think it was 45 for an A*, but I'm not too sure...
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RosaA)
Thanks!

Is this AQA? In which case, you should be able to access past papers from their website: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes
RosaA
(Original post by TheOtherSide.)
Is this AQA? In which case, you should be able to access past papers from their website: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/scien...d-mark-schemes
Yes, it's AQA Physics.
?Hannah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RosaA)
Hi everyone!

Thank you
Go through your notes - learn your notes and methods. Make mind maps? Flashcards? (Flashcards are good because you can keep going over them!)
Once you have done that do lots of past papers and keep going over it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (201)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (52)
11.28%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.59%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (98)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed