GCSE English Speaking: Rants on love?

Watch
KatKoh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Okay, so basically we have to do this speaking assessment/presentation about something you dislike and want to rant about. Haha, so being 'true' to myself, I decided that I want to rant on love. Yes that's a pretty weird subject to rant about, but I feel like this will give me an advantage since I'm not faking what I'm saying. Literally this would be a dream come true since me and my friends always joke about how I'm a 'lovephobia' person XD

I just wanted to check if this is a suitable subject since I want to make my rant quite funny, like add some jokes such as 'keep it in your pants' or 'get a room'. I also need some ideas? I mean I've got some but I feel like they're kinda inappropriate haha. But here are some that I've at least thought of to talk about:

Third wheeling
valentines day
Facebook relationship status
Courting people
Not in front of children (this is probably my favourite one)

Not only do I just need subjects to talk about, I need some ideas on how to present stuff, like I want to be serious but add some jokes in if you get what I mean? I need to include some emotive language and persuasive stuff and would you mind giving me some examples?
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KatKoh)
Okay, so basically we have to do this speaking assessment/presentation about something you dislike and want to rant about. Haha, so being 'true' to myself, I decided that I want to rant on love. Yes that's a pretty weird subject to rant about, but I feel like this will give me an advantage since I'm not faking what I'm saying. Literally this would be a dream come true since me and my friends always joke about how I'm a 'lovephobia' person XD

I just wanted to check if this is a suitable subject since I want to make my rant quite funny, like add some jokes such as 'keep it in your pants' or 'get a room'. I also need some ideas? I mean I've got some but I feel like they're kinda inappropriate haha. But here are some that I've at least thought of to talk about:

Third wheeling
valentines day
Facebook relationship status
Courting people
Not in front of children (this is probably my favourite one)

Not only do I just need subjects to talk about, I need some ideas on how to present stuff, like I want to be serious but add some jokes in if you get what I mean? I need to include some emotive language and persuasive stuff and would you mind giving me some examples?
I think those would be good things to talk about, but you should keep it quite lighthearted - if you want to add jokes in then you don't want the rest of it to be too serious If you go completely over the top and are very ranty about it in a 'serious' way then people will also find that funny too though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
29.28%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.71%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
23.2%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.84%
No - I live at home during term anyway (47)
25.97%

Watched Threads