Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so basically we have to do this speaking assessment/presentation about something you dislike and want to rant about. Haha, so being 'true' to myself, I decided that I want to rant on love. Yes that's a pretty weird subject to rant about, but I feel like this will give me an advantage since I'm not faking what I'm saying. Literally this would be a dream come true since me and my friends always joke about how I'm a 'lovephobia' person XD

I just wanted to check if this is a suitable subject since I want to make my rant quite funny, like add some jokes such as 'keep it in your pants' or 'get a room'. I also need some ideas? I mean I've got some but I feel like they're kinda inappropriate haha. But here are some that I've at least thought of to talk about:

Third wheeling
    valentines day
    Facebook relationship status
    Courting people
    Not in front of children (this is probably my favourite one)

Not only do I just need subjects to talk about, I need some ideas on how to present stuff, like I want to be serious but add some jokes in if you get what I mean? I need to include some emotive language and persuasive stuff and would you mind giving me some examples?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by KatKoh)
    Okay, so basically we have to do this speaking assessment/presentation about something you dislike and want to rant about. Haha, so being 'true' to myself, I decided that I want to rant on love. Yes that's a pretty weird subject to rant about, but I feel like this will give me an advantage since I'm not faking what I'm saying. Literally this would be a dream come true since me and my friends always joke about how I'm a 'lovephobia' person XD

I just wanted to check if this is a suitable subject since I want to make my rant quite funny, like add some jokes such as 'keep it in your pants' or 'get a room'. I also need some ideas? I mean I've got some but I feel like they're kinda inappropriate haha. But here are some that I've at least thought of to talk about:

Third wheeling
    valentines day
    Facebook relationship status
    Courting people
    Not in front of children (this is probably my favourite one)

Not only do I just need subjects to talk about, I need some ideas on how to present stuff, like I want to be serious but add some jokes in if you get what I mean? I need to include some emotive language and persuasive stuff and would you mind giving me some examples?
    I think those would be good things to talk about, but you should keep it quite lighthearted - if you want to add jokes in then you don't want the rest of it to be too serious If you go completely over the top and are very ranty about it in a 'serious' way then people will also find that funny too though

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.