Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Going to be completely honest,

My methods for revising AS were not the best and so I decided I change things and since September have seen a significant improvement in my mock grades and overall attainment. Recognising that I am a visual learner brought me one step closer to better revision techniques.
    -flash cards
    -posters
    -lots of highlighting

So watch this thread to get updates on my road to University and getting fantastic results!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Tofearoblivion)
    Going to be completely honest,

My methods for revising AS we're not the best and so I decided I change things and since September have seen a significant improvement in my mock grades and overall attainment. Recognising that I am a visual learner brought me one step closer to better revision techniques.
    -flash cards
    -posters
    -lots of highlighting

So watch this thread to get updates on my road to University and getting fantastic results!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    They sound like great techniques, you should also try putting key words on post it notes around your room

What are your grades currently and where would you like to get to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gingerbread101)
    They sound like great techniques, you should also try putting key words on post it notes around your room

What are your grades currently and where would you like to get to?
    Good idea, I'll definitely start doing that. I'm currently working at a ABB hopefully want AAB or AAA. Chemistry is a subject which I initially found difficult so I have got some tuition as well as worked on the way I revised, me and my teachers are a lot more confident that I will do better. 😊
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Tofearoblivion)
    Good idea, I'll definitely start doing that. I'm currently working at a ABB hopefully want AAB or AAA. Chemistry is a subject which I initially found difficult so I have got some tuition as well as worked on the way I revised, me and my teachers are a lot more confident that I will do better. 😊
    That's great, keep us updated when you're working :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to get started on some CHEM5 revision. I think it's really important to get topped up on the content as much as I can just to ensure that I know my stuff. This means keeping a record in the form of notes or on flash cards. Using key words and following the specification as I go along.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Since the half term holidays are coming to an end I think it is really important that I meet any revision goals I set myself at the beginning of half term. Time to write a checklist.

ReputationRep:
    Past papers at this point in the year, especially when exams are getting closer, are really important. I think it's especially important for my Chemistry revision because it allows me to gain an understanding of the way I should answer questions and what examiners are expecting. After a past paper I always recognise where my weaknesses are, it's best to aim for 100% at this stage.

))

ReputationRep:
    Is your username related to tfios by any chance?

Good luck with your blog, you seem very organised which is great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessyjellytot14)
    Is your username related to tfios by any chance?

Good luck with your blog, you seem very organised which is great!
    To some extent thank you

ReputationRep:
    Trying to balance fun with revision isn't too hard when you're becoming a more organised person and have some movies lines up. The Revenant was amazing!

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE:

I intend to do a past paper for all the modules I study (i.e. CHEM4, CHEM5, PSYA4, PSYA3 ect) each week or every two weeks. So this holiday I have done an F212 (resitting to increase my likes of getting an A in biology) past paper and got 88/100 which would be an A which I'm obviously happy with but I am aiming for 100% at this stage in the year so definitely revisiting any mistakes made. I've also reviewed some of my grades in the January MOCK exams and recognised my weaknesses. This is really important because I can perfect my knowledge now for later.

ReputationRep:
    School starts tomorrow (sign...) so I'm going to set some goals for this week:
    -Make the most of free time during the school day and ensure I get some work done during that time
    -revise 2-3 hours a day for a given subject
    -do a past paper for resit exams, Chem5 and F214.

🤗 hope everything goes well.

ReputationRep:
    21:02ish and I've sort of procrastinated for the past few hours but it was nice to finally relax after a pretty busy day. I had an exam on a unit in Chem4 and I didn't do fantastic so I revisited it and did a lot better. I also revised over a module in F215 which was pretty difficult so tomorrow hoping to do some practice questions. 😇

ReputationRep:
    22:31 and I feel I have had a super productive day. We went over acids and bases in Chemistry today and going over some exercises to understand how to apply formulas was great help. I also was able to go through Jan10-Jan11 research methods past questions which was super important given that I have an exam next week Monday.

So tomorrow the plan...
    -go over Ecology and past questions
    -do Jun11-Jan12 research methods question and mark
    -do one chem1 past paper
    -do one f214 past paper

I've realised how helpful is has been to put my goals up on SR because it allows me to have goals which I am more likely to follow. Idk I just think it's more effective.

ReputationRep:
    It's a great feeling meeting my goals. Exams are drawing close and so my aim is to get 3-4 hours of revision making plans on Saturday for the rest of the week and making this a habit.

With academics aside it's time to get started on University preparation, I've set some goals to meet hopefully after I've got my course definitely set (Medicine or Biomedical sciences).
    -Reading is super important especially some preliminary reading before the course starts
    -RELAX! I mean exams are over and why not chillax?

Hopefully I'll get some more later on and definitely update too

ReputationRep:
    As well as revising its nice to take a break her and there. I watched Kung fu Panda 3 with my brother and it was incredible. Nice break from revision.

ReputationRep:
    So now that this term is coming to an end I think it's time I got things together, targets for next week:
    -Make a revision plan for Easter holidays
    -print out past papers for Jan2011-Jun14
    -get all essays done and marked

Some more goals may pop throughout the week but I think it's key to stay organised

ReputationRep:
    EASTER HOLIDAY UPDATE!!!:
    So I've been offline for a bit in order to focus on my study but wanted to do a quick update. This holiday was definitely a chance to relax because off the early mornings and late nights school had gave me. In terms of revision I've made a revision timetable which I've stuck to really well, this includes the following:
    -past papers: this is a chance for me to test my exam skills under timed conditions and once the holidays are all over I can focus on what my weaknesses were.
    -essays: 🙄 Probably one of the hardest things I have had to do under times conditions but definitely good practice, I have Q cards to write down one key word for every paragraph which I will memorise and then use to write an essay.
    -Past questions: especially for Chem4 is really important as it has a a lot of difficult concepts to gain understanding off. 🖋

ReputationRep:
    😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Easter is already over!!! But it's definitely been productive, thankfully not a day went to waste be it fun or me being proactive! Since my first exam is in 6 weeks, I'm feeling quite confident and definitely sticking to past papers and reviewing my knowledge!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.