Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many hours of volunteering do I need to do???? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday was my first day at one of the local charity shops, Shelter, I filled in a form but they didnt say when do I have to come in..So I want to know how many hours do I need to do in total if I want to do dentistry or pharmacy in uni later on?

ReputationRep:
    its voluntary so how ever many you like. your not under any legal obligation as opposed to someone in a contract ie an employee

ReputationRep:
    It's not about the number of hours. It's about what you learn/your ability to reflect on your experiences.

Having said that, competitive courses like to see long-term commitment - not just xx number of hours.

ReputationRep:
    there aren't any set hours - talk to the store manager and ask to come in 1 or 2 hours a week

ReputationRep:
    I would advise you to try and be consistent with your hours if you can - aim to do a set minimum every week. That way you can safely say 'I averaged x amount of hours per week for x amount of time'. Like Clubba said, it's better to have done a small amount of hours over a long period of time rather than a large amount in the space of say 1 month.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.