The Classical Music Thread

Watch this thread
Allenboy16
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What are your favourite classical pieces, composers, styles?

Can you play an instrument, what pieces?
Blondie987
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I love Saint-Saens and Bach, I play cello and sax and I really look the Bach cello suites
Allenboy16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Saint-Saens is wonderful, especially The Swan, which is one of my favourite pieces. I've never been particularly keen of Bach, with Chopin being my favourite composer, followed by Tchaicovsky and Holst...
WhimsicalSloth
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It's not classical by any means, but I am deeply passionate about the music of Wagner, Debussy and Richard Strauss (amongst many others). I regard Strauss's 'Four Last Songs' as one of the most beautiful and profound collective pieces of music ever written. That being said though, I'd say I was a better listener of music than an actual musician, although I do play the piano and violin.
a noble chance
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
It's not classical by any means, but I am deeply passionate about the music of Wagner, Debussy and Richard Strauss (amongst many others). I regard Strauss's 'Four Last Songs' as one of the most beautiful and profound collective pieces of music ever written. That being said though, I'd say I was a better listener of music than an actual musician, although I do play the piano and violin.
Really weird but I never realised you played the violin too...I play the same

That similarity goes some way at least to redeeming your being on the wrong side of opera
WhimsicalSloth
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by a noble chance)
Really weird but I never realised you played the violin too...I play the same

That similarity goes some way at least to redeeming your being on the wrong side of opera
I shall get you for this slander to my beloved Wagner. Mark my words! Wagner could take on an absolute pleb like Verdi any day!
viomily
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I love Vaughan Williams' Lark Ascending and I also love the all the Bach solo suites/partitas/sonatas/whataver else there is for the cello and the violin. I have minimal piano skills but my main instrument is violin and I LOVE it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (50)
30.12%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (73)
43.98%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (41)
24.7%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.2%

Watched Threads