Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Classical Music Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What are your favourite classical pieces, composers, styles?

Can you play an instrument, what pieces?

ReputationRep:
    I love Saint-Saens and Bach, I play cello and sax and I really look the Bach cello suites

ReputationRep:
    Saint-Saens is wonderful, especially The Swan, which is one of my favourite pieces. I've never been particularly keen of Bach, with Chopin being my favourite composer, followed by Tchaicovsky and Holst...

ReputationRep:
    It's not classical by any means, but I am deeply passionate about the music of Wagner, Debussy and Richard Strauss (amongst many others). I regard Strauss's 'Four Last Songs' as one of the most beautiful and profound collective pieces of music ever written. That being said though, I'd say I was a better listener of music than an actual musician, although I do play the piano and violin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    It's not classical by any means, but I am deeply passionate about the music of Wagner, Debussy and Richard Strauss (amongst many others). I regard Strauss's 'Four Last Songs' as one of the most beautiful and profound collective pieces of music ever written. That being said though, I'd say I was a better listener of music than an actual musician, although I do play the piano and violin.
    Really weird but I never realised you played the violin too...I play the same

That similarity goes some way at least to redeeming your being on the wrong side of opera

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    Really weird but I never realised you played the violin too...I play the same

That similarity goes some way at least to redeeming your being on the wrong side of opera
    I shall get you for this slander to my beloved Wagner. Mark my words! Wagner could take on an absolute pleb like Verdi any day!

ReputationRep:
    I love Vaughan Williams' Lark Ascending and I also love the all the Bach solo suites/partitas/sonatas/whataver else there is for the cello and the violin. I have minimal piano skills but my main instrument is violin and I LOVE it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.