Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have I blown my chances of getting a B? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the last couple of days, I've been worried that I may have blown my chances of getting into my first choice uni. I need a B in English Language, but really messed up my last exam (worth 15%).

Last year, I got ABB in my A/S modules and came out on average with a B. I got an A on my coursework this year (again worth 15%) but probably got a D or an E on my last exam. I'm afraid I won't be able to make it up, as the D/E has dragged down my average.

Can anyone put me at ease and tell me I'm being stupid ......? Please, help.

ReputationRep:
    Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cymruambyth)
    Help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Didn't you just ask this?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but thought I'd get more responses if I posted in 2 boards.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sure that it'll average out as being ok, if you've scored highly in one module, and not so highly another, it'll average out as being an ok grade, it depends on how many points u scored in the exams and course work cos that what it comes down to, but universities can be flexible, so perhaps if you don't get your grade you still have a chance of getting into the university that you want to go to!
    good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    its done now..stop thinking and worrying about it.. everything always works out one way or another

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about it now. you never know what happened until you get your results. it's not exactly like you can do anything about it. The exam's done now, and what will be will be.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to do some simple math here, to try and see how your situation is. I will count your grades as being around middle ground for each of the modules...

AS - worth 50%
    A - 85%
    B - 75%
    B - 75%
    Average: 78% (high B)

A2
    A - 85% (15% overall)
    B - 75% (10% overall)
    E (worst case scenario - 15% overall) - 45%

1/2 x ((.15 x .85) + (.1 x .75) + (.45 x .15)) = ((0.1275+0.075+.0675)X100)
    = 27
    78/2 = 39.
    39+27 = 66%... but I COULD BE WRONG. It happens. Dpeends on how high the grades are... etc.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.