Friends don't understand that I'm depressed and lonely Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Gooood

It's OK, it's only a few words I randomly spouted out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup, and you can always count on me

*Only a few truly inspirational words you phenomenally yet randomly spouted out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Yup, and you can always count on me

*Only a few truly inspirational words you phenomenally yet randomly spouted out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know

Pffft

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I know

Pffft

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay

True, despite your modesty

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Yay

True, despite your modesty

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Knew I'd get this response or similar

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least you have friends >_>

ReputationRep:
    If they dont care about you, theyre not your friends, mate ,just ditch them, go to a doctor or seek professional help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want them to get me, I've gotten a reputation that i'm a attention seeker because I go off but its just when my aniexty attacks kick off. I got called a d*** and a ungrateful a***hole.

The cropping was on purpose because I sat to the side and was cut off. A part of me wants to prove to them had me all wrong but then again I don't want the hassle, so be more loniler if I walk away completely.
    Aww well I'm sorry about that. It does sound as if they have you all wrong because you sound thoughtful and gentle and kind. You don't sound like someone who is an attention seeker, just maybe introverted and reserved, and people are often wary of that for some reason. People always think I'm annoyed / rude / bored but I am often worrying about something or distracted with my thoughts!
    I understand where you're coming from, it's hassle. If these people are important to you then maybe you could try and encourage yourself to hang out with them again. If you seem to feel crap when you're with them though, maybe they aren't the right friends for you. It may feel lonely now, but you will find your people eventually!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry about how you feel. To be honest I feel like that too. These days I don't even try to explain how I feel to them because they don't get it. I am really lonely, everyday I loose more people. I feel like one day I'll just stop talking to every one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess this sort of introspection and anxiety is part of the human condition. Some people cope with it by being part of a group and 'going out' ie trying to ignore it and occupying themselves, like your friends. Just because they act like this doesn't mean they don't have anxieties like you just that they are using different coping mechanisms.

Similarly some people cope by reading novels where they read about the struggles other people have had. Often they get to know the characters in the book better than they will ever know a real person and they get consolation by realising that the author is speaking directly to them and understands their predicament. Read eg Silas Marner by George Eliot. Silas feels desperately wronged and lonely but comes to happiness by looking after someone else.

Try not to ponder too much on your situation but go out and help others. There are many many people who desperately need help- volunteer in a hospital, Old People's Home, a school , soup kitchen.... You'll soon forget your own problems and also meet caring people who you will be able to form friendships with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.