Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have an induction coming for Primark for a part time job. They need two referees; one from university and one from my volunteering at BHF. But i have a question regarding my uni referee.

The lecturer who knows me best, takes the subject which i will drop next year by September after exames in June. Will this affect my job after i have dropped that subject and no longer will have an interaction with her?

Also,i left BHF when i got the job a few days before becuase i did not have any more time. Is this normal for Primark to get reference from them as i no longer work there?

I am not from Britain and so do not have the idea for these things. Thanks a LOT those who will read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haris Tariq)
    Hi, i have an induction coming for Primark for a part time job. They need two referees; one from university and one from my volunteering at BHF. But i have a question regarding my uni referee.

The lecturer who knows me best, takes the subject which i will drop next year by September after exames in June. Will this affect my job after i have dropped that subject and no longer will have an interaction with her?

Also,i left BHF when i got the job a few days before becuase i did not have any more time. Is this normal for Primark to get reference from them as i no longer work there?

I am not from Britain and so do not have the idea for these things. Thanks a LOT those who will read.
    Any teacher/lecturer will be fine, providing obviously you ask them beforehand if they are okay with being your referee and consent to you giving Primark their details It may be that they never even contact your referees, and if they do it's nothing deadly serious just stuff like 'how would you describe your work ethic?'.

If you've got an induction already though I wouldn't be too worried!

ReputationRep:
    Dropping the subject wont make a difference and the BHF reference will be fine provided you didn't do anything to piss off the managers.

Primark only contacted my referees 3 months into the job and haven't needed to speak to them since, though I imagine they might ask again if I apply for a promotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    Any teacher/lecturer will be fine, providing obviously you ask them beforehand if they are okay with being your referee and consent to you giving Primark their details It may be that they never even contact your referees, and if they do it's nothing deadly serious just stuff like 'how would you describe your work ethic?'.

If you've got an induction already though I wouldn't be too worried!
    Thanks it is relaxing to find answers when these small things which should not actually bother me; bother me a lot.
    Thanks you once gain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blear)
    Dropping the subject wont make a difference and the BHF reference will be fine provided you didn't do anything to piss off the managers.

Primark only contacted my referees 3 months into the job and haven't needed to speak to them since, though I imagine they might ask again if I apply for a promotion.
    Thanks a lot!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.