The Student Room Group

Can you use a brand in an assignment?

I have to make up a study and I want participants to listen to music on Spotify for part of it, is it okay for me to use the brand in my assignment?
Original post by emilyff
I have to make up a study and I want participants to listen to music on Spotify for part of it, is it okay for me to use the brand in my assignment?

I think that could possibly be a copyright issue.
What do you mean by "use the brand"? Have you asked whoever set the assignment?
Original post by emilyff

Looking at http://m.dummies.com/how-to/content/spotify-terms-of-use.html that might be an issue. Your university library might be able to help - they are usually well briefed on copyright infringement issues and if it isn't possible to use spotify they might well have access to the same content through a license that allows use for research purposes.
Without knowing what your assignment is we could be talking nonsense. If it's something like 'a user's experience of the Spotify software' you'll have different issues to 'what do you think of this music selection'. Do people have to use Spotify? If so, why?
Cant you just call it a 'music streaming service'?
do you even have to mention the brand (spotify) or even the specific music they listened to?

you cant just say they listened to 'some songs' or something like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending