Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fallen in love with someone on TSR - Online Relationship Advice Watch

Announcements

I’ve fallen in love with someone on TSR. We have been talking a lot and are in an online relationship.

What experience do people have of online relationships and specifically one over TSR?

I’m scared and not sure what to do as I’m quite inexperienced but I also really like the person.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I would make sure you meet the person a few times. Nothig is worse than falling in love with the idea of a person based on calls and their online personna and realising how they are irl is a shell of what you have gotten to know.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a online relationship when I was 16 but it was never serious just a bit of fun.
    Why not meet her in real life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’ve fallen in love with someone on TSR. We have been talking a lot and are in an online relationship.

What experience do people have of online relationships and specifically one over TSR?

I’m scared and not sure what to do as I’m quite inexperienced but I also really like the person.
    Unless you are planning to meet in person would say online relationships are pointless and time consuming if it was just for fun and nothing serious its ok.

There's this guy on TSR who I really like but I get really shy and I can hardly talk to him :blush:

So how do these online relationships actually start?

ReputationRep:
    There's this guy on TSR who I really like but I get really shy and I can hardly talk to him :blush:

it's ok bb you can talk to me

Spoiler:
    Show
    But seriously, it's just a case of conversation striking up, enjoying conversation, progressing to Skype...

ReputationRep:

Step 1 talk to them on many threads
    Step 2 slide into their PMs
    Step 3 get their digits and whatsapp them
    Step 4 meet up with them
    Step 5 start a relationship :rofl:

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Step 4 meet up with them
    I've already reached step 3https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...55807898583435

ReputationRep:
    Is it Andy98

Step 4 meet up with them
    I guess we are only at stage 3. We have face timed though and I know what she looks like.

ReputationRep:
    I guess we are only at stage 3. We have face timed though and I know what she looks like.
    good luck!!!

Step 4 meet up with them
    Heyyyyyy TCTT

Spoiler:
    Show
    step 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Heyyyyyy TCTT
    Spoiler:
    Show
    step 1
    :rofl: im dead 😂😂😂

Ffs Another one!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be cautious, it's more likely it's just a fantasy and a desperation to connect with someone..the feeling isn't real. I can't see how it logically makes sense to love someone you never met.

(Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    I would make sure you meet the person a few times. Nothig is worse than falling in love with the idea of a person based on calls and their online personna and realising how they are irl is a shell of what you have gotten to know.
    Thank you. Yeah well we have face timed and I know what she looks like and we talk a lot so I feel like I have a fair idea. Has this ever happened to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Heyyyyyy TCTT

Spoiler:
    Show
    step 1
    Isn't it TNTT

Or does it stand for Too Crazy to Tame?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but how sad do u have to be to fall in love online? Have you even heard their voice? The emotion just sounds so shallow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Isn't it TNTT

Or does it stand for Too Crazy to Tame?
    TNTT=teenage ninja turtles...totes

ReputationRep:
    i know who this is LOL

(Original post by whorace)
    Sorry but how sad do u have to be to fall in love online? Have you even heard their voice? The emotion just sounds so shallow
    Yes we have face timed and spoken on the fone loads. I dnt no either it's just kind of happened. That's why I'm asking because it feels strange to feel like this online.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.