Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys that are 6+ ft, what is your ideal height for a girl? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    Tall girls are life! Don´t listen to these boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Argylesocksrox)
    As I'm 6'1"" She would preferably be JUST shorter than me when wearing heels, I don't think it would truly have any impact.
    This. See us 6'1'ers can relate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milzime)
    *is interested bcs I am 5"10-11*
    Do 5'10''-5'11'' girls prefer 6'+ men?

(Original post by shawtyb)
    hope not haha i like sex too much
    :rofl:
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    oh spare me will ya -.-
    im not religious therefore i do not follow the 'no sex before marriage' thing
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    Sincerely doubt BH was being serious. :awesome:
    hope not haha i like sex too much
    acupofgreentea knows me so well :girl:

Shawty, me too :sexface: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FauxIntellectual)
    Do 5'10''-5'11'' girls prefer 6'+ men?
    generally but not all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A mate of mine told me (because my crush is vry tall and I'm 5'3) that our 'children' would have both our traits - tall and smart :lol:
    Lol, that makes it sound like your crush is merely tall and nothing else - not kind, not smart, not anything else beneficial lmao. Surely he has more to offer than tall genes :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    lol girls that are taller than 6'1 and have guys that are 5'9; you might as well sign up to be their personal body guards
    Weight > Height when it comes to fighting.

ReputationRep:
    im 6"1.

Anywhere from 4"10 to 6"1 tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'6 and I still miraculously get laid every now and then :sexface:
    ...still no girlfriends though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    disagree to an extent. Being tall, you have a better reach. Especially when it comes to boxing or MMA. If you're tall and heavy that's just a bonus.

Psychologically you wouldn't feel comfortable fighting an extremely tall and moderately weighted guy. Regardless if you have the potential to take them out, your instincts think otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    acupofgreentea knows me so well :girl:

Shawty, me too :sexface: :lol:
    oh thank god

ReputationRep:
    depends - because reach (which is better with longer limbs) is a huge advantage in a fight. if you're hench af but you have short limbs, even landing a punch at all can be a challenge.

Lol, that makes it sound like your crush is merely tall and nothing else - not kind, not smart, not anything else beneficial lmao. Surely he has more to offer than tall genes :P
    Lol yepp, thats exactly what I told her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    depends - because reach (which is better with longer limbs) is a huge advantage in a fight. if you're hench af but you have short limbs, even landing a punch at all can be a challenge.
    i pictured a t-rex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    disagree to an extent. Being tall, you have a better reach. Especially when it comes to boxing or MMA. If you're tall and heavy that's just a bonus.
    I'm a 5'5 amateur MMA fighter, but I weigh 14stone. Sure, taller folk have a reach advantage, but if they are 6'2 and 14stone when I kick them they go flying. If I low-kick their legs they fall over. In contrast they kick me and it doesn't hurt at all and I don't move, because my legs are so much thicker - just think of two pencils that weigh the same. One if twice as long but thinner, one is shorter but fatter. The fatter one is way harder to snap or move if you flick it. Hand striking obviously benefits them, but there are ways to play around it such as going for more body shots, leg/rib kicks and takedowns rather than headshot K0s - I have the stronger neck so generally am harder to knock out and to choke out. On the ground my shorter but thicker limbs are harder to break and manipulate. And of course when it comes to take-downs it is waaay easier for me to get under them for high crotch throws, leg takedowns, etc and my lower centre of gravity makes it very difficult for them to do a takedown on me, in fact leg takedowns become near impossible for them to do - squatting down for double/single legs takes way too long and sweeps just don't move me and I have the stronger chest so they probably don't want to clinch judo-style, although they will find it easier to manipulate the head which does help there.

If they're 6'2 and 18 stone however... GG, no re, I'm out of there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    actually, short people have an advantage in fighting sports like Jiu-Jitsu. I've seen lots of scenarios where people as short as 5'5 take down someone that's 6'2.

It depends solely on your fighting technique.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    oh thank god
    You free this evening? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    i pictured a t-rex
    I pictured this old thing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    You free this evening? :lol:
    haa!!! yea, wana come do my uni work? fanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.