Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please please help, biology extended essay Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,I'm currently studying the International Baccalaureate and I am hoping to apply for Biological Sciences. I'm struggling to come up with an interesting research question to investigate for my Biology Extended Essay, any suggestions would be much appreciated! I need something relatively unique and strongly biology focused as it will be something I speak about in my personal statement/at interview. (hoping to apply for Oxford, Imperial, Bristol...)If you have any ideas of interesting questions/things uni's would be fairly impressed by haha I would be so grateful!

The general topic areas I would find interesting include, animal behaviour (although I am restricted to investigations in my school lab and strict policy on use of animals), biofuel production and plant biology. Although I love biology and I would investigate anything happily I just need a question!

I thought about investigating something to do with algal biofuel production- but I couldn't narrow down a specific question with an independent and dependent variable, method etc.

Please help hahaThank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.