The Student Room Group

Internship in USA????

Hi, im a med student and im looking for some help; i would appreciate if someone could give me some info about finishing med school and do the internship in the USA, San Diego mostly.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Original post by Joehdez.93
Hi, im a med student and im looking for some help; i would appreciate if someone could give me some info about finishing med school and do the internship in the USA, San Diego mostly.

That will be very very very difficult. It is hard to transfer between med schools in the US never mind from foreign schools.

Even if they let you in it would be at a lower level than you may be currently at. And remember a US medical degree is often considered a higher level qualification than a UK one. American med students already have a BA or BS before going to medical school. The UK med qualification is a straight bachelors degree.

It may have changed but I know once upon a time UK medical degree holders could not take the American medical board exams without taking American Med School exams first. They just don't trust our medical schools.

Basically US Med schools assume that foreign ones are either crap or just at a lower level in general. It doesn't help that the UK med degree is at Bachelors levels and the US MD is a graduate degree.

Quick Reply

Latest