Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/IFeakingLov...0720811282260/

I've known this for a while, call it intuition based on experience, it explains a lot about depression. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds about right. This is why you don't do relationships, it's like consistently stepping on lego and hoping it won't hurt after the fifth time.

Move this to relationships, it'll get more views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Sounds about right. This is why you don't do relationships, it's like consistently stepping on lego and hoping it won't hurt after the fifth time.

Move this to relationships, it'll get more views
    But that's like saying you don't want to play pacman because you'll probably loose, if ygm?

It's not just sexual partners as well though, it can be anyone you have a strong affection towards, lost in death or simply split from all contact due to some other circumstances.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I posted a report to get it moved ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    But that's like saying you don't want to play pacman because you'll probably loose, if ygm?

It's not just sexual partners as well though, it can be anyone you have a strong affection towards, lost in death or simply split from all contact due to some other circumstances.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I posted a report to get it moved ty
    I'm done with petty emotions, I'm not doing it because i'm hurt (I definitely am) i'm doing it because from a pragmatic point of view, it's better to have lots of good sex with no serious attachment, commitment is a losing game.

I'm not some manipulative child either, if I want sex i'll ask for it (not directly obviously not trying to kill the mood) by kissing you not play stupid games.

Same goes for friends and family. No attachment, you'll leave someday as well.

ReputationRep:
    I follow the same page hahah.
    Yeah sounds 100% correct. It hurts like ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katarvi)
    I follow the same page hahah.
    Yeah sounds 100% correct. It hurts like ****.
    :console:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was actually one of my friends aha, I don't really use facebook much.

ReputationRep:
    :console:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was actually one of my friends aha, I don't really use facebook much.
    Aw that's a shame, they post some good stuff.
    In the end humans are social beings and when we lose or go without close companionship for long periods of time it effs us up! Have you ever seen the film Into the Wild?

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's a shame, they post some good stuff.
    In the end humans are social beings and when we lose or go without close companionship for long periods of time it effs us up! Have you ever seen the film Into the Wild?
    Yeah... :C

Nope, is it an arty film? I'll watch the trailer, might give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... :C

Nope, is it an arty film? I'll watch the trailer, might give it a go.
    Nah not arty (I wouldn't say?)
    It's based on a true story about a guy who leaves society to live entirely in the wild without human contact, etc. It's pretty amazing, but I'm quite fascinated by that kind of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Nah not arty (I wouldn't say?)
    It's based on a true story about a guy who leaves society to live entirely in the wild without human contact, etc. It's pretty amazing, but I'm quite fascinated by that kind of thing.
    Thanks, it was a good movie
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "real happiness is shared"

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, it was a good movie
    Spoiler:
    Show
    "real happiness is shared"
    Ah so glad you enjoyed it! :^_^:
    The soundtrack is just amazing. Eddie Vedder is class.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Love that message, so upset that he died before he got the chance to share his. They do tours to visit the Magic Bus where he stayed in Alaska, how amazing would that be?

ReputationRep:
    Ah so glad you enjoyed it! :^_^:
    The soundtrack is just amazing. Eddie Vedder is class.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Love that message, so upset that he died before he got the chance to share his. They do tours to visit the Magic Bus where he stayed in Alaska, how amazing would that be?
    It is a great soundtrack :3

But he did share it, I suppose that's something.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It would creep me out tbh lol
    But I suppose that's because it would make things feel so real

ReputationRep:
    It is a great soundtrack :3

But he did share it, I suppose that's something.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It would creep me out tbh lol
    But I suppose that's because it would make things feel so real
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But he didn't get to share his happiness after he realised that real happiness is shared ;-; he was still stuck at the bus.

That's what I love about it though, that it's real. It really happened! Fiction is great and all but means nothing in the end, this guy truly went off the grid and stuck his middle finger up to society and it's so tragic how it ended but so damn inspiring too. :^_^:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.