Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    'The only sane ones are the ignorant ones'- is a quote by me that will hopefully one day be famaous

ReputationRep:
    I personally believe that ignorance can never lead to real happyness, because just for example if you are being ignorant about your boyfriend is cheating on you with another person, it is sure that he will never give you happyness and respect which you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    The omnipresent existential crisis.

A lot of people struggle with it, though if you're honestly feeling this way it feels more like depression than an epiphany. If you truly feel this way, I would see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    I feel there is a certain point that you get to where life becomes pointless. I completely think that we have no free will, and I've come to the recent realisation that there is no God.

It is now depressing to contemplate how insignificant everything is and how insignificant everything is.

After we die I suppose there is nothing. What an extremely depressing existence.

I hereby conclude that ignorance is bliss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    True, true...

But I'm staying, so I can see what happens next.

ReputationRep:
    Ignorance is not bliss because it tends to foster thoughts that are unverified and unreal. IT is what Hindus call Maya, the limited view and understanding of the macrocosm which creates the Human ego were the false belief of having understood that which is nature and realized the purpose of existence leads one to believe that man is master over nature. Till nature stops being compliant, this causes fear and humans in their sense of Maya try to dominate nature. which leads to a vicious cycle of more ego-more fear and so on. Knowledge of true human purpose brings true bliss because with true knowledge of that which is and is not we realize that Maya has been the one that closed our eyes, we understand nature and are free of fear, happiness or any feeling, we can see something for what it truly is without judging.

Our existence is no longer dependent on the essence, Mother died yesterday or today does not matter what matters is understanding of the human condition-that death is inevitable, nothing to be happy or sad about.( Remembering Camus)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reaver Daniels)
    I feel there is a certain point that you get to where life becomes pointless. I completely think that we have no free will, and I've come to the recent realisation that there is no God.

It is now depressing to contemplate how insignificant everything is and how insignificant everything is.

After we die I suppose there is nothing. What an extremely depressing existence.

I hereby conclude that ignorance is bliss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree to an extent. I too think life is inherently meaningless and we (humans and all other life) are just here as the result of a random fluke, and sometimes I think it must be comforting to believe in God and think that life actually has intrinsic meaning.

Unfortunately, all the evidence we have thus far suggests life has no meaning other than the meaning we give it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.